MGHIHP Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's not letting me post a link because I'm too new, but if you type in mgh ihp textbookx into google, it should be the first link.
The summer course textbook requirements aren't up yet, but just looking at fall 2017 courses, some of them do require up to 13 textbooks.
On select level, click fall 2017, then PT and PT 603 clinical management III. Then click see course items.

Members don't see this ad.

It's not letting me post a link because I'm too new, but if you type in mgh ihp textbookx into google, it should be the first link.
The summer course textbook requirements aren't up yet, but just looking at fall 2017 courses, some of them do require up to 13 textbooks.
On select level, click fall 2017, then PT and PT 603 clinical management III. Then click see course items.
omg lol you weren't kidding I just checked it out, 13 items $798. maybe we should ask the upper classmen when the facebook group is made if they actually used all these books..

some of these books do overlap within a single semester but yea it's still alot and expensive. I'm going to try to find pdfs starting now LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked out the textbooks too. I actually have a few of those textbooks from when I was in undergrad for athletic training so I'm probably just going to use those. Based on the textbooks I'm guessing some of those 13 for that one class are going to be used for multiple classes through our 3 years of school, not just for that one semester. Hopefully 13 at the beginning translates to less later on lol

Reactions: 1 user
My friend is a first year I just came back from Boston to visit the school today. Apparently there is a classmate that somehow has all the books and everyone uses them online for free. But can't guarantee that will be for every class coming in lol. Also, I am DECLINING my spot at MGH, so that is one open spot for someone on the waitlist! Good luck!

If anyone on the waitlist is curious I believe that for the last two years MGH has accepted about 10 people from the waitlist. I don’t think they rank people though, I think they choose individuals who they believe would fit well with the class already established.

If a person is offered a scholarship but decides to go to a different program, are those funds reassessed for other applicants?

If a person is offered a scholarship but decides to go to a different program, are those funds reassessed for other applicants?

I hope so. It would really ease my stress if I could attend on scholarship. However, I’m scared to email/call and ask. I don’t wanna seem crass or that money is all I think about

Now that deposit deadline has passed I hope they send out emails explaining what we gotta do next this week. Does anyone have any idea so maybe we can get an headstart.
I'm sure we need physical, immunization records, and PPD shots done.

Now that deposit deadline has passed I hope they send out emails explaining what we gotta do next this week. Does anyone have any idea so maybe we can get an headstart.
I'm sure we need physical, immunization records, and PPD shots done.
I emailed them the other day about that and they said we'd learn about things like that in March or April... That feels so late to me, but maybe that's the latest we'd hear, and we may hear sooner? Hopefully it's sooner bc I'd like to plan..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using SDN mobile

I emailed them the other day about that and they said we'd learn about things like that in March or April... That feels so late to me, but maybe that's the latest we'd hear, and we may hear sooner? Hopefully it's sooner bc I'd like to plan..

Side note: it'd be great to talk to current students who might have a good idea of a timeline, finding roommates, etc

March feels late to me too. Especially with getting everything done before you move out if your out of state. Totally get how you feel. There are some current students in the pre-pay student fb group. I'm going to try and get in contact with them. To get an headstart.

Does anyone know if we need BLS for healthcare providers before we matriculate?
I currently have CPR/AED and just want to know if I have to get the BLS for healthcare providers certification so that I can get it during spring break.

Members don't see this ad :)
March feels late to me too. Especially with getting everything done before you move out if your out of state. Totally get how you feel. There are some current students in the pre-pay student fb group. I'm going to try and get in contact with them. To get an headstart.
That's a great idea. Thanks! There may be current students in the DPT student fb group too that may be able to help out

I also have the normal CPR/AED I think that's perfectly fine since technically we're not Healthcare providers!

just letting you guys know that the facebook group for our class is up! I believe you should've gotten an email with an invite to this group.

I asked a few weeks ago about shots and what not and got a reply saying what we need. We do need the BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross (only those two are accepted). We need a physical exam, the Hep B vaccine, flu shot, TDAP, Varicella, TB test, MMR, and the BLS cert.

Reactions: 2 users
I asked a few weeks ago about shots and what not and got a reply saying what we need. We do need the BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross (only those two are accepted). We need a physical exam, the Hep B vaccine, flu shot, TDAP, Varicella, TB test, MMR, and the BLS cert.
Thanks so much for the info!

Has anyone on the waitlist hear anything?
Currently in the fb group for the class there are 67 people in it meanwhile the official class should be 70 so I'm assuming there's 3 spots left

Currently in the fb group for the class there are 67 people in it meanwhile the official class should be 70 so I'm assuming there's 3 spots left

Hmmm interesting. Do you know if all those people are attending? Only reason I ask is because looking up previous class pages on fb, previous classes have way more than 70 people per group? Weird!

Hmmm interesting. Do you know if all those people are attending? Only reason I ask is because looking up previous class pages on fb, previous classes have way more than 70 people per group? Weird!
those people are attending what they do is add the second and third years to the facebook group once our class is finalized

I'm still waitlisted at MGH and am curious to know if there has been recent activity on the FB regarding newly accepted students.

Have people mentioned changing their minds about attending? MGH is still my first choice and would love to go but I'm at the mercy of other students denials.

I'm still waitlisted at MGH and am curious to know if there has been recent activity on the FB regarding newly accepted students.

Have people mentioned changing their minds about attending? MGH is still my first choice and would love to go but I'm at the mercy of other students denials.

I just withdrew my deposit from MGH. I’ll be attending Idaho State University. I hope this helps people on the waitlist!!