MGHIHP v. Simmons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Simmons or MGH?

• Simmons

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • MGH

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

Mainer127

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted to both Simmons and MGHIHP. MGH has been my first choice school from day one. I recently lived in Charlestown and loved it, their program pass rates look great, the school ranking is high (even though it doesn't seem to mean a whole lot), and I really enjoyed the open house. I don't have a lot of info about Simmons, but from what I gathered it seems to be a strong program as well. I didn't receive a scholarship from MGH and haven't received financial info from Simmons yet.

I was wondering if any current students or applicants to either of these schools had any thoughts about which school I should decide to attend?

Members don't see this ad.

I was waitlisted at MGH but accepted at Simmons so that makes the choice easier for me. As far as cost Simmons looks about $10,000 cheaper without any awards or scholarships which seems kind of insignificant when tuition at both schools is $120,000+. I just received the packet in the mail today and there is an open house at Simmons at the end of January so depending on when the deposit is due for MGH you may be able to attend it before making a final choice.

I was waitlisted at MGH but accepted at Simmons so that makes the choice easier for me. As far as cost Simmons looks about $10,000 cheaper without any awards or scholarships which seems kind of insignificant when tuition at both schools is $120,000+. I just received the packet in the mail today and there is an open house at Simmons at the end of January so depending on when the deposit is due for MGH you may be able to attend it before making a final choice.
Unfortunately the deposit for mgh is due on Jan 16th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the packet yesterday from Simmons also. I didn't receive a scholarship so I'm leaning pretty heavily to MGH now because of how similar the tuition is at the end of the day.

I received the packet yesterday from Simmons also. I didn't receive a scholarship so I'm leaning pretty heavily to MGH now because of how similar the tuition is at the end of the day.
I would choose mgh due to their unique curriculum and that one year paid internship which can help offset cost of living in the third year!