Miami/Jackson program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any info, thoughts, suggestions,warnings on the Jackson Memorial program. I have been trying to gather more info from their website and also this forum, but the info seems limited. Any insight on this would be awesome. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there, fantastic up and coming program. Dr. Cardenas (chairperson) and Dr. Sherman (PD) are excellent leaders in PM&R, many faculty are from UW, Kessler, RIC, etc. It's a newer program (but one that is being constructed by people who are leaders in the field already) that is graduating it's first class this year, most going on to fellowships. Residents have the opportunity to participate in the Miami Project and the VA was one of the best I saw on the interview trail.

If you don't mind going to a newer program and/or really want to be in Florida this is definitely a place to check out.

I know at least one review has been written in the interview trail thread about this program. Best of luck!

Anybody have any info, thoughts, suggestions,warnings on the Jackson Memorial program. I have been trying to gather more info from their website and also this forum, but the info seems limited. Any insight on this would be awesome. Thanks.
Dr. Irwin is an arrogant, condescending a$$hole.

He has been on staff at LSU, RIC, Wake Forest, private practice in Tampa, and now at Miami, all in the span of a few years. Most physicians don't move that many times in their entire career.

Dr. Sherman is highly regarded nationally, but if your letter of recommendation comes from Dr. Irwin, it is unlikely to be well received

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current residents at Miami with their 2 cents on the program? Obviously there is no better insight than info coming from people currently involved in a program. Thanks in advance.