Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Miami Secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DoctorB, Jul 27, 2006.

1. DoctorB

DoctorB Member

Pre-Medical
    Briefly describe your non-science, non-medical experiences and activities in the spaces below. Where appropriate, include dates and length of time of your involvement. Do not send additional pages or send a resume and do not send examples of your work or photocopies of awards or recognition that you have received. Answers will be limited to 375 characters.

Did you guys just list your activities or actually write them out in a short essay?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ginkneephur

Ginkneephur Insane Since 1984

Medical Student
    I just listed them. 375 characters is only a few sentences.

4. Hkoser

Hkoser Member

Pre-Medical
    Did you guys just list your activities or actually write them out in a short essay?[/QUOTE]

375 isn't much but I said all I could if there was only one activity for that topic. Topics I had more activities to mention turned more into a list.

5. deuist

deuist Stealthfully Sarcastic
    Physician Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    I pulled out my old application from two years ago to see if the application has changed. If your questions are anything like mine, you should see multiple forms for fields so as community work and employment. I treated theme like the AMCAS extra-curriculars page and wrote about unique activities and why I enjoyed them. I certainly did not just list them. 375 characters is a good-sized paragraph.