Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brown04

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
any miami students out there want to comment on their school and how they like it? i am thinking of applying but the UM website is awful. i can't even find basic things like whether the med school is on the same campus as the undergraduates, or if it is in the city.

anybody with any thoughts to share on Miami would be welcome. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an undergrad at UM, and I can fill you in a little bit, at least...

The med campus and the undergrad (Coral Gables) campus are separate. The med campus is located downtown, by the Civic Center.

I have been fortunate enough to interact with some of the med school faculty, and those that I have met are great.

Hope that helps at least a little bit :)

First semester at miami is hell. It's a good school though. Great clinical experience via Jackson Memorial. Definitely the best in Florida, and arguably one of the best in the nation. Hope you know how to speak spanish though. Close to 50% of their patients only speak spanish. The campus is beautiful. As well as the student body! ;) Plus, you can live on the beach for 4 years. It doesn't get any better than that.