Michigan - Accepted or Waitlisted Members (I need feedback!)

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by Wolf Vet, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Wolf Vet

Wolf Vet MSU CVM c/o 2012

Veterinary Student
    Hey guys! This is kind of a recon-thread. I am growing increasingly more twitchy on the waitlist and need some feedback!

As I've mentioned on other threads, I'm waitlisted at WSU, MSU and UofMn (all OOS). However, Washington and Minnesota have pretty much filled there class, so pending a small miracle, I can pretty much count them out.

Here's what I know from Michigan: There are about 24 people left on the OOS waitlist. They will NOT tell me where I rank on the list. They have not yet "officially filled the 2012 class" yet, but it sounds pretty close. And lastly, they keep telling me that the past 2 years they called ALL their alternates (they tell me this every time I call). I don't know if they're just saying this to be nice or if there's actually still hope.

Any feedback from anyone (but especially those on MSU's list or already accepted) would be really appreciated!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tealamutt

tealamutt WSU class of 2012

Veterinary Student
    I know someone who was called 2 days before the semester started at WSU a couple of years ago. Due to her situation, she had to decline, but was accepted first round the next year. I guess my point is, there is always hope and ALSO even if you don't get called in this year, you have a great shot next year. I'm sure you want to start this fall, but getting to go eventually beats out never getting the chance right?? Good luck to you! :luck:

P.S. I love your avatar. I got to work on wolves at my last job and they were always the most amazing patients to be around.

4. rexosaurus

rexosaurus CSU PVM c/o 2012

Veterinary Student
    Don't give up hope!!! I had pretty much counted MSU out, and last year I was called July 6th and offered a spot.... they don't lie!

5. Wolf Vet

Wolf Vet MSU CVM c/o 2012

Veterinary Student
    Tealamutt, thanks! Wolves are definately my passion, it's always great to meet another advocate for them!:love:

Rexosaurus, Thank you too, I am trying to view it that way. They wouldn't keep telling me there's hope if there wasn't right?

6. LVT2DVM

LVT2DVM UGA-CVM c/o 2013

Veterinary Student
    Have you been/ looked into doing an internship at Wolf Park in Indiana? Very cool!

7. rexosaurus

rexosaurus CSU PVM c/o 2012

Veterinary Student
    Right... :D