Michigan DPT 2019-2020 Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSU_DPT

Reaction score
Hi all! I've been looking for a thread on Michigan DPT schools and haven't found any for this cycle so I wanted to start my own!

Early Decision: No
Regular Decision: list school(s): Central Michigan, Oakland U, University of Michigan--Flint, Wayne State U, Grand Valley State U

#1 choice: Central Michigan/Oakland

Accepted:
Interview granted:
Waitlisted:
Denied:

Attending:

I was also hoping to see if anyone had heard back from Wayne for their first round of interviews in November!

Members don't see this ad.

My #1 choice is the University of Michigan-Flint I haven't heard from them.

Hello!
I just heard from U of M - Flint yesterday that they are reviewing my application. I applied to Oakland, Central, & Wayne State as well. So far I haven’t heard anything else!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!
I just heard from U of M - Flint yesterday that they are reviewing my application. I applied to Oakland, Central, & Wayne State as well. So far I haven’t heard anything else!

did UM- Flint say when you should expect to hear from them?

did UM- Flint say when you should expect to hear from them?
I got an email at the end of October saying mine was under review too and they were hoping to have decisions out by the end of December!

I got an email at the end of October saying mine was under review too and they were hoping to have decisions out by the end of December!
Last year I heard a response either acceptance or rejection by 12/20. I assume that they would reply back around the same time.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard back from Wayne State for the Jan 3rd interviews? I haven't heard anything yet but not sure if they send out rejection letters or not.

Hi!
Early Decision: No
Applied: Western Michigan and Wayne State
1st Choice: Wayne
Heard from WMU and they filled all of their interview spots and as of right now are not interviewing anyone else, at least to my knowledge.
Haven't heard anything from Wayne, but know a girl who had an interview early November

UPDATE!
Interview Granted: Wayne on 1/3

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back from Wayne State for the Jan 3rd interviews? I haven't heard anything yet but not sure if they send out rejection letters or not.
I heard back this morning about receiving an interview spot.

Did you get an interview spot from Wayne?? What did they say?
Yes I got a spot! They just said that they were inviting me to their January 3rd interviews but they didn't say how many people they invited or how many spots they had open.

Yes I got a spot! They just said that they were inviting me to their January 3rd interviews but they didn't say how many people they invited or how many spots they had open.
Nice congrats!

Has anybody heard back from GVSU? Last year, the emails went out on the 14th of December, so i am assuming it will be similar this year, but thought I'd check!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody heard back from GVSU? Last year, the emails went out on the 14th of December, so i am assuming it will be similar this year, but thought I'd check!
I haven't heard anything back yet. I hoping for the same!

Waitlisted at UM- Flint. Does anyone know how many people they accepted off the waitlist last year? I’m number 33 so I don’t think I have a good chance unfortunately

Waitlisted at UM- Flint. Does anyone know how many people they accepted off the waitlist last year? I’m number 33 so I don’t think I have a good chance unfortunately
Last year they went to 18 on the waitlist, in previous years they’ve gone down to around 35 so it’s possible!

Can you share your stats?

Can you share your stats?
GPA: 3.54
Prerequisite GPA: ~3.2
GRE: 155 V 154 Q 5.0 AW

Observation:
198 outpatient, 16 inpatient, 20 rehab hospital

LOR: 1 PT, 1 Professor, 2 supervisors

Extracurriculars: Sport Performance Coach, Group Fitness instructor, corporate wellness intern, exercise is medicine club, PT internship, motor development internship.

I heard back last Thursday from Gv

I’m currently waitlisted at Western Michigan and they don’t give you a ranking or where you are on the list? anybody at western Michigan are on the waiting list too?

For anyone going to Wayne State's January 3rd interviews, have you received some type of itinerary? The email I received just said interviews from 3-6:30 plus a tour of campus/facilities.

I’ve been accepted at GV, Western, UM-Flint and Oakland and have decided on Western. I was wondering if anybody else here had been accepted and was planning on going there? I’ve been trying to connect with people in my program but I’ve had zero luck so far finding anybody even considering it.

I’ve been accepted at GV, Western, UM-Flint and Oakland and have decided on Western. I was wondering if anybody else here had been accepted and was planning on going there? I’ve been trying to connect with people in my program but I’ve had zero luck so far finding anybody even considering it.

I got an interview at Western and was waitlisted. I'm hoping there are more spots, but fingers crossed.

Has anyone here heard back from Oakland? I have not heard anything since they began to review my app back in October/November. At the wayne state interview jan 3rd a guy from my group said he recently was denied and his friend was waitlisted.

Also, does anyone else understand why CMUs interviews are 01/25/2020 but the deposit is due 01/15/2020 (at the wayne interview they said all DPT programs across the state agreed on 01/15/2020)?

Also, does anyone else understand why CMUs interviews are 01/25/2020 but the deposit is due 01/15/2020 (at the wayne interview they said all DPT programs across the state agreed on 01/15/2020)?
It was the same way last year and they did that to fill the spots that were not filled from the initial acceptances. There were only like 8 spots open and around 70 interviewed.

It was the same way last year and they did that to fill the spots that were not filled from the initial acceptances. There were only like 8 spots open and around 70 interviewed.
Thank you

Has anyone here heard back from Oakland? I have not heard anything since they began to review my app back in October/November. At the wayne state interview jan 3rd a guy from my group said he recently was denied and his friend was waitlisted.
I was at the Jan 3rd interview for Wayne too! Have you heard back from them yet?

Does anyone know anything regarding movement of UM-Flints waitlist?

Just found out I've been 'elite waitlisted' at Wayne, has anyone else heard back from the January interview?

Just found out I've been 'elite waitlisted' at Wayne, has anyone else heard back from the January interview?
Congrats! I heard back today too, I am also on the "elite waitlist" but I think I will be denying the offer since I heard back from Oakland today.

Congrats! I heard back today too, I am also on the "elite waitlist" but I think I will be denying the offer since I heard back from Oakland today.
Congrats on Oakland! It's supposed to be such a great program. What number were you on Wayne's list?

I heard back and got accepted to the Mount Pleasant campus, but I'm really hoping to hear from Wayne, hopefully the waitlist moves
Hey do you know your rank on the waitlist for Wayne? or do you know of anyone not accepting it? Im also anxiously waiting to hear back from them

Hey do you know your rank on the waitlist for Wayne? or do you know of anyone not accepting it? Im also anxiously waiting to hear back from them
I do, they ranked me at number 4, but I haven't heard of anyone not accepting yet so far. Do you know your rank?

I do, they ranked me at number 4, but I haven't heard of anyone not accepting yet so far. Do you know your rank?
Yea they ranked me at 17 :/ I only know of two people declining but they were both between 5 and 10. I can't believe you haven't been called yet you're so high up

I heard back from CMU Monday and paid my deposit today. I was on the waitlist at Western and they just called me to offer me a spot, however I just tied myself down with CMU. Hopefully one of you gets the spot at Western if that is what you are looking for!

Yea they ranked me at 17 :/ I only know of two people declining but they were both between 5 and 10. I can't believe you haven't been called yet you're so high up
I emailed Dr. Pardo yesterday about my spot on the waitlist and she says that I'm up to number 1 now, really thinking about declining my spot at Central but it feels risky lol

I emailed Dr. Pardo yesterday about my spot on the waitlist and she says that I'm up to number 1 now, really thinking about declining my spot at Central but it feels risky lol
I was thinking about emailing someone but was iffy on it! Wow it makes me wonder if they've even gotten to the waitlist yet, since they most likely had to give some time for people to accept or decline offers. Lol might be risky to decline at Central but I feel like a phone call from Wayne is a given for you. Wayne is my #1 I'm having such a hard time waiting

I was thinking about emailing someone but was iffy on it! Wow it makes me wonder if they've even gotten to the waitlist yet, since they most likely had to give some time for people to accept or decline offers. Lol might be risky to decline at Central but I feel like a phone call from Wayne is a given for you. Wayne is my #1 I'm having such a hard time waiting
I just hope the phonecall comes before central starts in May, I would be so bummed if I heard back from Wayne after starting at central, they're my top choice too
waiting is the hardest haha

I heard back from CMU Monday and paid my deposit today. I was on the waitlist at Western and they just called me to offer me a spot, however I just tied myself down with CMU. Hopefully one of you gets the spot at Western if that is what you are looking for!

Why did you choose CMU over Western? Just curious since I'm considering both

Western called me 2 hours after I paid my deposit at Central, so that’s the biggest reason. I did my undergrad at central, so I am familiar with everything there already and won’t have to adjust to that. I also know how cheap living expenses are in Mt. Pleasant. Central offered me a spot after my interview immediately and was my first positive response where as everywhere else had either waitlisted me or denied me. I like the idea of the finishing early at western and westerns program was very appealing. Had I not paid my deposit 2 hours before they called me offer a spot of the waitlist I might have considered them, but Central was almost my last hope at the moment and was the first offer I got out of 9 responses.

I was offered interviews at:
western michigan, Wayne state, and central Michigan
I was waitlisted for interviews and denied at:
NAU, and Toledo
I was denied at:
Northwestern, Illinois Chicago, Central Arkansas, Oakland
And am technically still waiting to here from seton hall but would have Most likely denied anyway
GPA: 3.38
Pre-req (generic): 3.8
Experience: ~1500hrs out patient in 10 clinics
Letters: 3 PTs (Between 2 companies), 1 professor which I worked with

I thought my letters and my essays were very strong but my GPAs brought my app down. I was enrolled in classes and ready to improve my GPA for next round. After getting denied and waitlisted everywhere, but still having the Central interview left, it became my first option to return back especially because I know I won’t have very much adjusting to do as if I went somewhere else. Campus is very very close and everything is very cheap. I know some people still and I even felt that after the interview it felt much more right than the others. Of course I was more prepped as I already had two Interviews, but I felt like I was much more comfortable back in the building I basically lived in during my undergrad and that everything just lined up so much more perfectly. At one time I thought I really was gonna go to Western if they offered me a spot but I’m glad I waited on the waitlist because it gave me time to end up where I feel like I belong.