Michigan Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dominator39

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently offered an interview at Michigan. I'm kind of nervous about interviewing at U of M first though since it is my top choice. I was kind of hoping that I could "practice" at a couple of other schools before stepping up to the plate at U of M, but thanks to the AMCAS chaos that probably won't happen. Has anyone out there interviewed at Michigan before? Would you say it is stressful or pretty laid back? Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

Look at interviewfeedback.com

Just curious, how did you find out?
Did you check your status online or did they send you something? Are you from Michigan? What were your stats like? Baylor21 (probably) and I are pretty curious about the Michigan method of offering interviews :)
When did you get all your stuff in?

Hey Scooby Doo,

Thanks for your advice. I have checked out interviewfeedback.com, but the responses are usually a little vague. Anyways, I am an in-state applicant. I received the interview invite early last week. It's stange though, since my AMCAS hasn't been processed yet nor have I sent in my secondary and rec letters. I think I just made the initial numbers cut for in-state people. Also, Michigan is probably trying to keep on schedule even though AMCAS has been so problematic this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah,
That seems to be the trend for Michigan. Get all the instaters first :) haha
One other guy on the forum also got an interveiw without sending in his secondary or letters! He was calling about the secondary and they were like "yea, you have an interview" haha....I guess that's how it goes sometimes...I wish the UC schools were like that :)

Hey Dominator39
I'm in the exact same boat as you!
I sent in my AMCAS Primary on July 30th and already have an interview at U-M. They have no secondary from me and my AMCAS is nowhere near processed. I thought it odd to be offering an interview already with so little information. This will be my first interview as well. Just curious, when is your interview date? I go on September 21st. Good luck bro, we've got alot of getting ready to do for this.

Michigan IN-STATE Numbers? I don't mean to be abrasive, but could those of you who have received an interview tell me your numbers? I'm just curious - as i'm applying next year. Thanks so much

leon

In state, small school.
3.9 GPA, 33R MCAT
U-M didn't say anything about what exactly the cutoff was though.

Here are my stats:
U-M undergrad
3.95 GPA
37 MCAT

dominator your gpa is ridiculous

i think i lost that in my first 3 weeks of college :D