Michigan license requirements for DOs

Started by DrZOD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrZOD

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know the current requirements regarding PGY1 year for DOs trying to get a license in Michigan?

I'm a DO in an ACGME residency and looking at a fellowship in Michigan. I recall from back when I was in med school that DOs who didn't do an AOA PGY1 and did an ACGME residency instead had to complete some additional work/paperwork (aka resolution 42) in order to verify their PGY1 was equivalent to an AOA PGY1. I reviewed the licensing site for Michigan and contacted them directly but have been unable to find if this requirement still stands given the whole unification thing. If anyone in Michigan has any insight or recent personal experience with this I would appreciate it. Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know the current requirements regarding PGY1 year for DOs trying to get a license in Michigan?

I'm a DO in an ACGME residency and looking at a fellowship in Michigan. I recall from back when I was in med school that DOs who didn't do an AOA PGY1 and did an ACGME residency instead had to complete some additional work/paperwork (aka resolution 42) in order to verify their PGY1 was equivalent to an AOA PGY1. I reviewed the licensing site for Michigan and contacted them directly but have been unable to find if this requirement still stands given the whole unification thing. If anyone in Michigan has any insight or recent personal experience with this I would appreciate it. Thanks.
So...you used the Googelz to find this website so you could ask this question, but somehow didn't think to ask the Googelz this question directly?

You should give that a shot...or just click here, I did it for you.
 
When you are an intern in MI you have a restricted license, which means you are licensced to practice medicine under the supervision of the hospital where your internship is. That is why interns CAN NOT moonlight

Once you have completed internship, you are eligible for a full unrestricted license, and a DEA number
 
When you are an intern in MI you have a restricted license, which means you are licensced to practice medicine under the supervision of the hospital where your internship is. That is why interns CAN NOT moonlight

Once you have completed internship, you are eligible for a full unrestricted license, and a DEA number

That's not in any way relevant to the question the OP asked though.