Hey, Figured I'd chime in here. I'm actually a masters student at the Tufts vet school right now, and for years I thought Tufts was my first choice for vet school. First let me say that it is a great place, and it is one of the few schools that is really interested in animal welfare and their facilities are nicer than any other school out there. However, after living in GRafton for a year, and going to school there, I have decided NOT to go to vet school there next fall. To put it simply, I am really bored. There is nothing to do in GRafton or in the surrounding areas, and there is a very homogenous crowd at Tufts. I went there thinking I wanted to spend the next five years there because my family is also very close to Tufts, and I have decided to go to penn instead because as great as Tufts looks on the surface, I haven't found that to actually be the case. Their large animal hospital doesn't get that heavy of a caseload, and they have very little farm animal stuff available on campus. I've been there for a year now and I work in the hospital, and I have Never seen a horse actually being induced or operated on in their huge and very nice facility and I am in and out of the hospital every day.
The class is not very diverse at all, it's going to be 95% women and most people are from the same sort of backrounds. I haven't met anyone that I dislike there, but I haven't met anyone really interesting either. The class there, is not as cohesive as I found them to be at other schools, mostly because Tufts takes a lot of non traditional students so there are a lot of older students. ( I'm in two classes with 1st and 2nd years, so I know them fairly well, and this is just my perception)
Another thing about Tufts is that as great as it is, they don't have a huge endowment or the resources and fellowships available that other schools do. Money is more of an issue there than at other schools I looked at. Of course I didn't realize this until I was actually immersed in the culture there.
I guess you have to decide what you want to do and what your priorities are. For me, Tufts is not a good fit for all of the reasons listed above, but for you it might be different. I don't want to completely turn you off from it, but I think a lot of times it is built up to be this great place, when in reality, I haven't found it to be so wonderful. If you have any questions feel free to ask me!