supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I’m here to make a joke and not add anything to the conversation but …their extremely high price point lolWhat are some things that sets Tufts apart? I'm struggling on the "why tufts" essay. I'm applying there because I think I have a shot of getting in lmao not for a school specific reason.
I discussed their wildlife clinic in my answer, and that was kind of all I had to say lol.What are some things that sets Tufts apart? I'm struggling on the "why tufts" essay. I'm applying there because I think I have a shot of getting in lmao not for a school specific reason.
I mean, they might appreciate the honesty.What are some things that sets Tufts apart? I'm struggling on the "why tufts" essay. I'm applying there because I think I have a shot of getting in lmao not for a school specific reason.
FWIW, I was moonlighting at an ER vet clinic for a while and the criticalist was gushing over Tufts presence in the ER world. Maybe that resonates with your goals and aspirations more than the wildlife clinic answer. IDK.What are some things that sets Tufts apart? I'm struggling on the "why tufts" essay. I'm applying there because I think I have a shot of getting in lmao not for a school specific reason.
Tufts does also have a 24-hr ECC hospital (New England Emergency Veterinary & Referrals | About Tufts VETS). It looks to be about an hour drive from campus and I’m not sure how much student involvement really happens there, but worth looking into if you’re interested in ER.gushing over Tufts presence in the ER world
They sent out an email looking for Techs and VAs to the incoming student cohort this past week. So there are opportunities to get involved.When I applied last cycle, I talked about their shelter/community med opportunities (shelter med program, Lerner clinic, tufts at tech) if that’s an interest of yours.
Tufts does also have a 24-hr ECC hospital (New England Emergency Veterinary & Referrals | About Tufts VETS). It looks to be about an hour drive from campus and I’m not sure how much student involvement really happens there, but worth looking into if you’re interested in ER.
Tufts considers letters from research scientists in the same category as letters from vets! If your research mentor taught you in a class you might be able to reach out and see if they’ll count it as a prof letter?Can one professors be your research mentor?
Only if they taught you in a class! Tufts is very strict about the professor LOR coming from someone who TAUGHT youCan one professors be your research mentor?
Hi - recent Tufts grad here; just as a heads up we did not have any mandatory rotations at TVETS during clinical year, nor did we spend any didactic time there. Some Island school students spending their clinical year at Tufts did have rotations there. I think it's possible for interested Tufts students to do elective-time there as an externship, though neither my close friends nor I elected to do so, and I'm not sure how competitive they are or what that process is like. I don't know anyone that elected to be a tech or assistant there either; doesn't mean it's not possible, it's just more people elected to work at the on-campus ER, probs for the convenience of it.Tufts does also have a 24-hr ECC hospital (New England Emergency Veterinary & Referrals | About Tufts VETS). It looks to be about an hour drive from campus and I’m not sure how much student involvement really happens there, but worth looking into if you’re interested in ER.
I haven't received it either! Hoping it comes soon I'm a little anxious waiting for it lolthey havent sent out the supplemental fee yet right?
From Tufts' website: "When making admission decisions, the admissions committee uses the following formula: 30% grade-point average, 60% holistic application review, 10% essays. Interviews are not part of the admissions process"Has anyone applied to Tufts before?
Do you guys know if they really look at GPA? :/
Thank you! I also saw that on their website.From Tufts' website: "When making admission decisions, the admissions committee uses the following formula: 30% grade-point average, 60% holistic application review, 10% essays. Interviews are not part of the admissions process"
How do you know Tufts watched it?Just saw that Tufts watched my youtube supplemental on the 1st! Fingers crossed I don't hear anything from them in Dec.
Youtube Studio 'reach' analytics shows what portion of traffic is driven via direct or external sources. For my video, it shows one external view from 'tufts.edu' on Dec 1st.How do you know Tufts watched it?
Oh wow I downloaded the app and mine is showing the same thing! Thanks for sharing!!Youtube Studio 'reach' analytics shows what portion of traffic is driven via direct or external sources. For my video, it shows one external view from 'tufts.edu' on Dec 1st.
I’m not sure- but I received the email too and it does say “All applicants are receiving this email regardless of admissions status to allow for ample planning time.”I received an email with a financial aid application- do we think this indicates moving onto phase 2?
I know last year it came out Dec 13thIn an email sent out a few months ago it states: “In mid-to-late December, we will notify an initial group of applicants who will not be moving forward in the process.” Has anyone gotten rejected yet, or know an approximate date this email will come out?
Super scary.. are we thinking today/tomorrow? Prob not the 13th since thats a Saturday..I know last year it came out Dec 13th
Yeah or like next weekSuper scary.. are we thinking today/tomorrow? Prob not the 13th since thats a Saturday..
I also have an ID, but I can’t remember if it said anything before. I’m so ready but also so not ready at the same time! I just wish they’d send out emails to everyone, I hate that I’ll either get an email or have to wait to see when other people say they get an emailI just checked my portal I think there's a new box that says Tufts Credentials, which now has an ID number associated with my application--I think it just said DVM before. I wonder if there will be updates today.
I have an ID now too!I just checked my portal I think there's a new box that says Tufts Credentials, which now has an ID number associated with my application--I think it just said DVM before. I wonder if there will be updates today.
Nope, I’m thinking maybe Monday?has anyone heard back yet about the first wave rejections?
I hope not tomorrow omg,, 2 huge final exams.. looks like my phone is going to stay off until im done lolNope, I’m thinking maybe Monday?
I don't think anyone has seen anything except the ID number added. Does your portal have an ID number?Should I be concerned if my portal still hasn't changed...
December 13!Does anyone know what date the first round of rejections went out last year?
i don't think any of them have the email field filled out yet but i may be wrongI also noticed that under Credentials where it now displays my ID#, there is also an email field - however that is blank.🙁
I'm still curious if everyone's portal changed to contain an ID number - I'm guessing yes because even if you are cut they probably assign every applicant an ID to mail correspondence etc. I loathe waiting---so impatient I am!i don't think any of them have the email field filled out yet but i may be wrong
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.