You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Michigan State C/O 2028
Started by honeypot999
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got the same email on 10/30. Probably just starting to roll out on IS applicant file review emails!I got an email back in October that said my application was verified and it also said that for IS applicants they would hear back at the end of November for file reviews and for OOS it would be the end of December.
benzene_gurl14
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS people are hearing too!This is what I got on 10/30. It says that IS will hear at the end of Nov and OOS will hear end of December. So you IS people hearing now makes sense.
benzene_gurl14
Full Member
one person said "OS" which I suspect was a typo and they meant IS but not sure.OOS people are hearing too!
I have a friend who is OOS and heard tonight lol, but true on the particular message you're referring too.one person said "OS" which I suspect was a typo and they meant IS but not sure.
Do you know if the interview invite timeline from their email was the same as the IS one posted here?I have a friend who is OOS and heard tonight lol, but true on the particular message you're referring too.
Did they get good or bad news?I have a friend who is OOS and heard tonight lol, but true on the particular message you're referring too.
She was told OOS interviews would be notified by 12/22!Do you know if the interview invite timeline from their email was the same as the IS one posted here?
All she was told was that she progressed to file review and had passed their academic minimums (so good news!).Did they get good or bad news?
one person said "OS" which I suspect was a typo and they meant IS but not sure.
I am OOS and received the email today. My last name also starts with A, maybe it’s alphabetical order? Obviously not positive about that though
Last edited:
Thank you! My obsessive email refreshing is about to go up a notch but that’s super excitingShe was told OOS interviews would be notified by 12/22!
I received the “did not meet academic requirements” email last night when I was 100% confident I did. I called admissions today and there was a mistake made that was not caught and would have disqualified me. They were very gracious and since they calculate their own GPAs, mistakes naturally happen. So if you’re in a similar position don’t hesitate to contact them! You know your application better than anyone 🙂
Has anyone else not gotten an email today? Im also OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't gotten an email either (OOS)Has anyone else not gotten an email today? Im also OOS
eleanor713
Full Member
Me eitherI haven't gotten an email either (OOS)
I haven't either. If they are going alphabetical, my last name is pretty late in the alphabet.Has anyone else not gotten an email today? Im also OOS
It means that you met the min. academic requirements, and now they will splice hairs to determine who will get an interview. Based on last years stats, IS had a 42% chance to get an interview, and a 21% chance to be accepted. OOS had a 13% chance to get an interview, and 4% chance of being accepted.last name C havent heard anything yet. what exactly does moving to file review mean lol? waiting to hear for an interview invite?
Does anyone else plan to apply for the dual degree PhD? I’m curious about the processes for applying. The website states that the PhD apps are usually due in January, but we can’t apply until we’ve been offered an interview.
I also understand that in the past IS interview invites have gone out before OOS. I’m OOS and since no interview invites have gone out yet I’m getting a little bit nervous about the turn around time.
I also understand that in the past IS interview invites have gone out before OOS. I’m OOS and since no interview invites have gone out yet I’m getting a little bit nervous about the turn around time.
Historically, IS goes out first. I’m OOS aaaand haven’t heard anything yet 🙂Does anyone know if IS and OOS invites go out the same day?
eleanor713
Full Member
Same day or different days? Just wondering if I know need to be stalking my emailHistorically, IS goes out first. I’m OOS aaaand haven’t heard anything yet 🙂
futuredogtor12
Full Member
IS rejection 🙁 Third cycle applying to MSU
From what I’ve seen we might not be hearing anything until January. I’ll probably be glancing at my email but not full blown stalking yet lolSame day or different days? Just wondering if I know need to be stalking my email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
(sorry if this is a dumb question but I forgot ... [emoji28]) Does Michigan interview out-of-state applicants? Or are they just given an acceptance/denial/waitlist?
I am OOS and was told I’d receive an interview invite or denial by 12/22
I’m OOS as well and never got the follow-up email about application status, I know I definitely met the minimums to apply but it has me on edge that I didn’t get that email.I am OOS and was told I’d receive an interview invite or denial by 12/22
Does anyone else plan to apply for the dual degree PhD? I’m curious about the processes for applying. The website states that the PhD apps are usually due in January, but we can’t apply until we’ve been offered an interview.
I also understand that in the past IS interview invites have gone out before OOS. I’m OOS and since no interview invites have gone out yet I’m getting a little bit nervous about the turn around time.
I am a current first year in the dual program (DVM-PhD), feel free to reach out [emoji4]
midison
Full Member
Same, I never got it either. Last email said my app was undergoing academic review and that I'd know if it moved on to file review by the end of Dec.I’m OOS as well and never got the follow-up email about application status, I know I definitely met the minimums to apply but it has me on edge that I didn’t get that email.
sydney_charette
Full Member
Same, I never got it either. Last email said my app was undergoing academic review and that I'd know if it moved on to file review by the end of Dec.
Same here OOS, I know I passed the academic cutoff but still havent heard anything beyond. last email saying my application will go undew academic review
sydney_charette
Full Member
Same here OOS, I know I passed the academic cutoff but still havent heard anything beyond. last email saying my application will go undew academic review
I thought I had read somewhere on the website they will be emailing between Dec-Jan but I could be wrong
IS interview invite! Second time applicant 🙂
If you want a current first year to look over your application, reach out to me!IS rejection 🙁 Third cycle applying to MSU
I think it’s just IS that’s received interviews so farHi Guys! I got my verified email in October but I never heard anything back but I know people are getting interviews. Are they sending stuff in waves or ?
As a current student, I can reassure you that the CVM is working diligently to fill all open roles. I get emails every day about the interviews and candidates they have decided to try to pursue to come to the CVM.As an IS MSU undergrad/current graduate student, MSU CVM is struggling in terms of faculty. The Larry Nassar and Mel Tucker court cases have dramatically affected the funding available to all departments, and there is a significant faculty shortage at the CVM. Depending on who you speak to, many GP veterinarians refrain from sending referrals to MSU because of the cost and disorganization.
I really hope they get these things figured out, but I know they struggle every year with finding reviewers.
Please try to remember the shortage of vets puts a strain on our schools not just MSU. There are only so many boarded vets in the world, so the process takes a while.
As a current student, I can reassure you that the CVM is working diligently to fill all open roles. I get emails every day about the interviews and candidates they have decided to try to pursue to come to the CVM.
Please try to remember the shortage of vets puts a strain on our schools not just MSU. There are only so many boarded vets in the world, so the process takes a while.
@annat009
also a current student. while nassar and tucker have certainly put MSU under a microscope, the issues mentioned here (faculty shortage, funding, cost of services etc.) is an issue across the board at many veterinary schools. not only is this the nature of academia, but academia has also failed for the most part to keep up with the salaries offered in private practice and in industry. this is a problem everywhere. MSU is not an exception.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@annat009
also a current student. while nassar and tucker have certainly put MSU under a microscope, the issues mentioned here (faculty shortage, funding, cost of services etc.) is an issue across the board at many veterinary schools. not only is this the nature of academia, but academia has also failed for the most part to keep up with the salaries offered in private practice and in industry. this is a problem everywhere. MSU is not an exception.
Thanks for the insight! I was just feeling very discouraged after some particular conversations with some MSUCVM alumni. But they're obviously pretty removed from the situation at this point.
eleanor713
Full Member
Finally got the notice my application has moved to file review
Same!!Finally got the notice my application has moved to file review
They're saying interview invites should be sent by end of Jan!
I got a notice saying I didn’t have the general biology and biochemistry 1 requirements. I was a bio major and had 9 biochem credits?!?! Does anyone know if they would look over my application if I contacted them?! I’m freaking out because I know I have the prerequisites