Michigan State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They sent me an email saying I haven’t done one of my pre reqs which I took not once but twice 🙃

Members don't see this ad.

They sent me an email saying I haven’t done one of my pre reqs which I took not once but twice 🙃
Same here. Do you know how to contact admissions? Are you going to call or email them? The email says they don’t look at individual applicants which is worrying me

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine apparently didn’t pass academic review because of my last 36 credit & science pre-req GPAs :( I thought because my VMCAS-calculated last 45 credit & science GPAs were both above a 3.0 I’d be fine but I guess not lol

To those who were denied in pre reqs, I highly encourage you to reach out and have them recheck if you truly believe they made a mistake . They will look it over and move you to the appropriate pile if the credits are accepted

Reactions: 1 user
Same here. Do you know how to contact admissions? Are you going to call or email them? The email says they don’t look at individual applicants which is worrying me
I just called but I’m assuming they’re out for the day so I left a voicemail and am sending an email and calling again tomorrow if I don’t get a response. I’m stressing more than a little because MSU was one of the schools I felt like I had the best shot at as an experience heavy nontrad student with a low but just over 3.0 GPA, it would be suck to be out of the running over a mistake :/

Mine apparently didn’t pass academic review because of my last 36 credit & science pre-req GPAs :( I thought because my VMCAS-calculated last 45 credit & science GPAs were both above a 3.0 I’d be fine but I guess not lol
can I ask where you find a Last 45 GPA calculated by VMCAS? I see calculated GPAs by school, academic year, undergrad, grad, overall, science, etc on mine, but none indicating Last 45.

Didn't have Math prereqs therefore got denied. They are the only school that required Trig in addition to Alg that I applied to. SMH.

Huh so I just got two more emails, one saying the same thing about missing a prerequisite and the other letting me know they sent the other two and informing that I need to appeal by 1/2 if there’s a discrepancy.

Edit: Just in case this helps anyone else, they called me back and let me know that they're anticipating some errors in academic review this year and that errors will be corrected ASAP in January when they're back in office + to include course descriptions and unofficial transcripts if possible for make things easier for them to parse through with pre req discrepancies.

Last edited:
My file is now in review! Got waitlisted back in 2021 and now they shall see my TENACITY. I guess does anyone know if those who have been waitlisted have any better chances when reapplying (I do have a ton more stuff to my new app)? My veterinarians I've shadowed all seemed to think that reapplying does give a slight edge.

My file is now in review! Got waitlisted back in 2021 and now they shall see my TENACITY. I guess does anyone know if those who have been waitlisted have any better chances when reapplying (I do have a ton more stuff to my new app)? My veterinarians I've shadowed all seemed to think that reapplying does give a slight edge.
Reapplying gives an edge in the sense that you know how to improve your application, gives you more time for experiences, etc but I’ve always heard all applications are judged exactly the same. I know of people that got interviews their first cycle and denied without interview the next cycle.

I got a notice saying I didn’t have the general biology and biochemistry 1 requirements. I was a bio major and had 9 biochem credits?!?! Does anyone know if they would look over my application if I contacted them?! I’m freaking out because I know I have the prerequisites
Yes, I believe if you sent an email with information regarding your classes and outlining the situation they would give a second look. You've spent a lot of time and money applying so it doesn't hurt to try!

Members don't see this ad :)
Second time receiving a file review email. First one receive back in October 31st

I got a notice saying I didn’t have the general biology and biochemistry 1 requirements. I was a bio major and had 9 biochem credits?!?! Does anyone know if they would look over my application if I contacted them?! I’m freaking out because I know I have the prerequisites
they made a mistake on my prerequisites as well, turned me from a straight-up rejection to an interview, I would definitely contact them!

Please contact them, I was originally rejected and once contacting them, I was then granted an interview. Good luck!

Please contact them, I was originally rejected and once contacting them, I was then granted an interview. Good luck!
Thank you! I did contact them and got a call back almost right away, they were super nice about it and seemed to think it was probably a mistake. Congrats on the interview 🙂

Reactions: 1 users
Oof maybe I should’ve called earlier lol. I just left a message but it’s definitely after hours and everyone’s probably out of office! Hoping to summon some inner patience in myself

Progressed to file review!!!! Really hoping for some good news in January!!!

Oof maybe I should’ve called earlier lol. I just left a message but it’s definitely after hours and everyone’s probably out of office! Hoping to summon some inner patience in myself
I was surprised that they called me back so late (like after 6pm), I’m sure they’ll get back to you soon! The fact that they expected some academic review mistakes this year makes me feel better at least

• Care
can I ask where you find a Last 45 GPA calculated by VMCAS? I see calculated GPAs by school, academic year, undergrad, grad, overall, science, etc on mine, but none indicating Last 45.

I misspoke - I was thinking of my last 45 calculated by Iowa St. so I know those numbers might be configured a bit differently. Sorry for the confusion!

Got email for file review! Waiting for good news!

I was surprised that they called me back so late (like after 6pm), I’m sure they’ll get back to you soon! The fact that they expected some academic review mistakes this year makes me feel better at least
Who did you call when you reached out? I called the dean’s office this morning who took my info and said admissions would be in touch. They mentioned that admissions doesn’t have a direct line or something like that. Just waiting for their response! I bet it’s busy with everyone trying to contact them though.

Who did you call when you reached out? I called the dean’s office this morning who took my info and said admissions would be in touch. They mentioned that admissions doesn’t have a direct line or something like that. Just waiting for their response! I bet it’s busy with everyone trying to contact them though.
I pulled the number from an admissions page on their website, I forget where it was exactly but the one I called and received a call back from was 517-432-7776!

OOS file review, every applicants who meet minimum academic requirements move on to file review. Right?

I'm in a similar boat. They emailed that I did not have the general biology II and biology lab requirements. But I was a biochemistry major and had to take a bunch of biology courses with their labs.

• Sad
I'm in a similar boat. They emailed that I did not have the general biology II and biology lab requirements. But I was a biochemistry major and had to take a bunch of biology courses with their labs.
I ended up calling the number that lizardman gave. They said to email or submit the survey detailing your course descriptions, syllabi, or course catalog so that they can approve the courses you took. They have hundreds of people who have the same issue I guess so it’s going to take them a while to look through. Likely won’t hear back from them until into January.

I ended up calling the number that lizardman gave. They said to email or submit the survey detailing your course descriptions, syllabi, or course catalog so that they can approve the courses you took. They have hundreds of people who have the same issue I guess so it’s going to take them a while to look through. Likely won’t hear back from them until into January.
I ended up emailing them with the course syllabi. I'm also thinking it'll be January by the time we hear back. Seems like a decent amount of people are in similar situations

OOS rejection, told my physics II credit was not in line with their course requirements.

IMG_5672.png

Just received this reply to my email about unfulfilled prerequisites

I also got this. I’m worried that they’re going to say my course doesn’t work even though every other school has accepted it so far 🫠
Same. I also kinda messed up by writing about a different course in my email than the course I chose in VMCAS. I submitted a survey for both though... Just more and more nerves :dead:

First time Michigan OOS applicant. I received an email a little bit ago saying my application had moved on to the next stage of file review. It essentially just said that I'd met academic requirements so it was moving on to the eLORs, hours, extracurriculars, etc.

I received the email on Dec. 19, 2023
Nothing since then, but the email mentioned that the next email probably wouldn't be until at least mid-late January.

View attachment 380088
Just received this reply to my email about unfulfilled prerequisites
I emailed them on 12/22 and, besides the confirmation email where they said it may take 2 weeks to hear back, I haven't heard anything. I'm nervous

EDIT: oops actually, I sent my email on 12/20.

Last edited:
I emailed them on 12/22 and, besides the confirmation email where they said it may take 2 weeks to hear back, I haven't heard anything. I'm nervous
Fr. I'm tryna not be too nervous because from the few conversations I've had with them it seemed like it's going to take a long time. They said they're going in order of who reached out. I emailed and called on 12/19 (the day I got the rejection) and haven't heard anything.

I'm also kinda wondering if this is gonna make them run later into April for file reviews like they did last year 😳

I reached out pretty much immediately 12/19 and filled out the survey they sent same day 12/22. I weirdly got the survey email again replying to the other half of my initial email 12/26 but besides that I get the feeling it might take a bit.

I’m a little worried about how late file review could affect interviews as well since it seems like the rest of OOS invitations will have gone out by the end of the month but am trying to save stressing about that for if my course is actually approved lol

Last edited:
I’m dying to hear something soon! I know the email said file reviews would continue through mid-January. Do we think this means we’ll start hearing next week? Or will we have to wait 3 more weeks???

Last year they were so behind with everything! I honestly wouldn’t expect to hear anything until the last of the month

EDIT: oops actually, I sent my email on 12/20.
I finally got a reply, they just sent me the link to the survey. Hoping we'll hear back soon!

I didn’t get an email confirming I moved on to file review yet but they added my course to the approved prereq database 👀

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users