Michigan State or Tufts???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snoopy69

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been racking my brain over which one to choose, can anyone offer any insight as to why they would choose one over the other?

Members don't see this ad.

Although I did not apply to Tufts, I can tell you I had a really hard time deciding between MSU and Ohio State. There wasn't anything that I didn't like about MSU, other than the location and price (I'm instate at OSU). In general, I feel as if MSU's program is well-balanced (good at both small and large/equine), the research opportunities are abundant and high-profile (they have a special NIH grant that funds student research during the summer), and the faculty/administrators are very friendly and committed to student success. If you like PBL they have their VIPS courses each semester. Also, they seem to be very responsive to student imput (example: revising the curriculum b/c the students weren't happy with how some courses were taught).

I hope this helps. If you need more info about my decision, don't hesitate to PM me.