Micro & Immuno Shelf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreds

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone out there has taken the micro/immuno shelf, do you have recommendations about which books to use? Is First Aid enough? What proportion of the exam is immuno? :confused:
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

dreds said:
If anyone out there has taken the micro/immuno shelf, do you have recommendations about which books to use? Is First Aid enough? What proportion of the exam is immuno? :confused:
Thanks!

I read most of the Immuno section in Lange's Micro & Immuno book and found it to be really helpful. For the micro part I mainly reviewed all the tables I had made throughout the semester over bacteria and viruses. I remember there being a fair amount on the exam over parasites. good luck! :luck:

i'm just posting to encourage more responses. i'd love to hear about either First Aide or 'Ridiculously Simple' . . .

beuler . . . beuler . . . beuler . . .

I took the Micro/Immuno shelf back in Dec. I found 1st Aid to be most helpful. I also used Checkerboard and the Kaplan Step 1 review. The last 25 questions are immunology. Everything else is micro. Hope this helps.

PS- Does anyone have any advice for the Path Shelf exam?