Micro MBNA Advice..... please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thackl

1K Member
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have about 4 days to study for it (most I've ever had for one of these). I'm considering using 2 of the following 3 resources:

1.) Micro made rediculously simple
2.) BRS
3.) PreTest

I'm open to other sugestions too :) It's good to hear what other people have had luck with. ie: PreTest= good for biochem- crapy for nuero, or BRS= good for anatomy- crapy for embryo........ you get the point.
Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd stick with the Micro made ridiculously simple. I used that for my final and did very well on it. Just go cover to cover once or twice and make sure your recall/understanding is good.
I haven't really used the other books, so I guess my comment is lacking a little bit. sorry

I have pretest micro and it seems mediocre at best.

thackl said:
I have about 4 days to study for it (most I've ever had for one of these). I'm considering using 2 of the following 3 resources:

1.) Micro made rediculously simple
2.) BRS
3.) PreTest

I'm open to other sugestions too :) It's good to hear what other people have had luck with. ie: PreTest= good for biochem- crapy for nuero, or BRS= good for anatomy- crapy for embryo........ you get the point.
Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the comments.

DW, I got a similar comment from an upperclassman at my school WRT rediculously simple.

Anyone else?

My last bump. I start studying tomorrow. Anyone else take this exam?

I vote for Ridiculously simple as well - it's so stupid but their little mnemonics do tend to stick. I'll remember Francis the rabbit in the tulips with the deertick as long as I live.

just took it today: think i got owned =<

i used micro made easy at first, then lange's micro and immuno, and hi yield micro and ID for a 2 hr review.

they never test on the relevant stuff on these shelf exams....

I jusgt took it. We have a CD with a bunch of old Kaplan Q's and other crap on it. Probably about 700 Q's with ans's and tutorials. You could probably JUST study these for two days and honor the NBME. Definitely the way to go. I wish I had spent more time and done them all. If anyone is going to be taking the exam and wants them, PM me. BRS was also pretty good and rediclously simple for the cartoons was ok.