Microbiology-Step 1-Question !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jojo-Z

Born to be a Dentist !
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody !
I'm having hard time :( finding the answer to this question, so if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it;

Which bacteria formes Y and H filaments on blood sample ?

Thanks ahead. :)
jojo-Z

Members don't see this ad.

jojo-Z said:
Hello everybody !
I'm having hard time :( finding the answer to this question, so if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it;

Which bacteria formes Y and H filaments on blood sample ?

Thanks ahead. :)
jojo-Z

i think answer is helicobacter species

scha2005 said:
i think answer is helicobacter species
Why are you saying it's helicobacter.?............I searched on the net and I couldn't find anything with this description.
Anybody else has any info on this?
Thank you.
jojo-Z

Members don't see this ad :)
jojo-Z said:
Why are you saying it's helicobacter.?............I searched on the net and I couldn't find anything with this description.
Anybody else has any info on this?
Thank you.
jojo-Z
I agree with scha2005, I have the question answered in one of my review papers, but no explanation, sorry!
good luck

this is indeed a twisted question....

i was curious..so just gave it some serious thought and did some browsing and suddenly it clicked! it took me a long time but i think this is the explanation!

Y filaments simply mean antibodies (remember the structure of an antibody...its Y shaped. right? :) ). If antibodies are present in the blood sample, it means either you have H. pylori or have had it in the recent past! because antibodies stick to H.pylori!

so the answer is helicobacter species!!

people who make these questions do know how to make us look foolish :oops:

hope this helped everyone!!

dr.internationa said:

i was curious..so just gave it some serious thought and did some browsing and suddenly it clicked! it took me a long time but i think this is the explanation!

Y filaments simply mean antibodies (remember the structure of an antibody...its Y shaped. right? :) ). If antibodies are present in the blood sample, it means either you have H. pylori or have had it in the recent past! because antibodies stick to H.pylori!

Kinda distorted reasoning.
Well,what abt other options.

dr.internationa said:

good job dr.international

dr.internationa said:

Thanks so much Dr. Internationa !!!!
jojo-Z