B
bobeflay
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Howdy SDN,
I've got a few questions for students who applied to mid-tier schools with relatively high stats. I am planning to apply next cycle, and have one mid-tier school that I would definitely go to if I were fortunate enough to be accepted. Here are my questions:
1. Is it true that some mid-tier schools will not interview high stat applicants because they have a low chance of matriculating?
2. If so, is there anything that can be done to let the ADCOM know that I am very interested in attending their school?
3. Would I be reducing quality of potential residencies that I could match into, or limiting options for specialties I could pursue by attending a mid-level SOM.
Thanks for your input!
I've got a few questions for students who applied to mid-tier schools with relatively high stats. I am planning to apply next cycle, and have one mid-tier school that I would definitely go to if I were fortunate enough to be accepted. Here are my questions:
1. Is it true that some mid-tier schools will not interview high stat applicants because they have a low chance of matriculating?
2. If so, is there anything that can be done to let the ADCOM know that I am very interested in attending their school?
3. Would I be reducing quality of potential residencies that I could match into, or limiting options for specialties I could pursue by attending a mid-level SOM.
Thanks for your input!