Mid year slump

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starstarie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm an MS1 and I just took my third test in physio (cardio) and I got just below average. I'm really down and I guess I'm a little lost as to what to do next.

I had been consistently doing well above average (usually about 1 SD above).

My first test in physio block I did well, but then these last two tests, I got RIGHT around the average for both (btw the average was consistent throughout the three). There have been some personal things going on AND for the last test, we changed to the flipped classroom (ie no lecture) and I was an avid lecture-goer. I realize too that this info is pretty hard.

So I guess I'm looking for some advice as to what to do/ some motivation or something! I don't even know.

I'm partially trying to deal with the "not being the best" thing, but it's not even really that. It's more just frustrating that I was doing so well, so I know I am capable, but now I'm not.

Also I know this is silly but I want to do 240+ on Step 1 and I feel like if I can't even get average on my tests it's not a good sign.

So I would love to hear some advice from some wise older (or actually probably younger haha) folks!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Half of your class mates are below average.

I wouldn't stress it. Just get through your courses, learn how you learn, learn as much as you can, and study hard for the USMLE.

Actually this should be very exciting instead of frustrating. Now you get a chance to really put your mind to work to maximize your potential. Make a game plan and follow through.