middle tier programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shortbread9

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know what programs would be considered mid tier ?

Members don't see this ad.

shortbread9 said:
anyone know what programs would be considered mid tier ?
There is great uniformity amongst all the EM residencies in the US. Just as the question "which are the best programs" has no answer, neither does this one. Before you ask it, there is no answer to the "which programs are the crappiest" either.

Q

Members don't see this ad :)
USCDiver said:
Which programs are crappiest?
East Carolina University, Duke, Yale, St. Luke's, USF, Iowa, King Drew, Wayne State, Denver.... anywhere an SDN member has graduated, they have the crappiest residency. Its evidenced-based!

Q

I guess since I havent graduated it doesnt matter YET!! :D

Oh, my head..... not again with the "which program" questions!

OK, let's try this. Obviously any program with residents who have enough time to post on SDN must be cush so.....

What programs are represented here (faculty, graduates or current residents)? This way, anyone interested in our programs will have a contact person (other than the obvious official ones).

I'll start...

Scott & White/Texas A&M

Take care,
Jeff

Yo Momma Memorial/ St. Fattypants has a thoroughly middle-tier program. Really good trauma, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Mississippi

Hey which programs do you guys think will be all state and which ones all conference (not honorable mention all conference, cause coaches just submit those to the paper anyway).

thanks so much in advance

Hey everyone,

I'm putting my Fantasy EM team together. I'm having a hard time deciding who to take in the draft. I'm hoping to get In-and-out in the first round, but I'm picking 4th in my league so it isn't likely. Who should I take first round?

Thanks in advance

USCDiver said:
Hey everyone,

I'm putting my Fantast EM team together. I'm having a hard time deciding who to take in the draft. I'm hoping to get In-and-out in the first round, but I'm picking 4th in my league so it isn't likely. Who should I take first round?

Thanks in advance

1. Miami
2. Key West
3. Toronto

The EM program is so good here, that they didn't even have to declare it a program :D . We are trying to transcend above all training, deciding instead to train all Miami EPs by osmosis.

I'll put in a vote here for York Hospital in PA. It's community and may not be the coolest place ever to live, but the residents are happy and say it's a great education. I have heard many good things about it but I don't know if it's in the top tier of EM - I feel it would be a good candidate for a solid middle tier.

King/Drew in da hizzie! (Also known as the "enough time for surfing/drinking" residency)

are talking about "Killer King?" BOY, have I heard and read some wacked out shizzle that goes on there. The LA Times exposed the hell out of Killer King and I don;t even know if their EM program is going to survive. I think a whole bunch of residencies got the bullet in the head, so to speak

are talking about "Killer King?" BOY, have I heard and read some wacked out shizzle that goes on there. The LA Times exposed the hell out of Killer King and I don;t even know if their EM program is going to survive. I think a whole bunch of residencies got the bullet in the head, so to speak

And I alway's look to the LA times for fine up to the date accurate reporting....:rolleyes:

Dont knock the LA times.. they run placebo controlled double blinded studies. Anything they say must be good as gold..

Anyways..

The U of Arizona.. sweetness here baby!

We have full accreditation, and have never been on probation. Additionally our hospital just passed CMS inspection, despite the effort of the L.A. times to close us down. You'd better not be spreadin' lies about my program, or I'm gonna cap yo ass, fo shizzle!

We have full accreditation, and have never been on probation. Additionally our hospital just passed CMS inspection, despite the effort of the L.A. times to close us down. You'd better not be spreadin' lies about my program, or I'm gonna cap yo ass, fo shizzle!

is that what one of the patients said the other day? haha. I'm sure at that point you said i'm not fo shizzle, i'm dr. veers.

King/Drew in da hizzie! (Also known as the "enough time for surfing/drinking" residency)

umm, I think you mean to say "Killer King"

or...Notorious M.L.K.

..........just a lil' hood talk to keep it real

ok, I'm steppin' off....

don't fitty cent me....pleeeease