This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have not heard back yet, I am surprised because this is much earlier than they normally start sending out acceptances! How were you notified?
I found out through email! It essentially just said that I was accepted, have two weeks to accept or decline, and that more information would be provided if I accept.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! Did they give you a deadline to let them know?
Yep they gave me about two to three weeks for the early admission. I know that at the end of January they began sending out interview invites for the next round. I ended up declining my spot for another program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Allen seems full with acceptances, but hasn't sent out rejections ?? Anyone experience or have info on this?

Hey guys! Has anyone been offered admission to Ohio State and planning to decline? I'm high on the waitlist and want to know what my chances are of getting an offer.

Received an email this morning from Mary Palin - accepted at St. Kate's but will be declining!

I got waitlisted at Madison this morning, I'm surprised they haven't filled their class yet. Has anyone heard back from Milwaukee yet?

I got waitlisted at Madison this morning, I'm surprised they haven't filled their class yet. Has anyone heard back from Milwaukee yet?
I have reached out to UW Milwaukee, because I have not yet heard back, and they do not know when they will be sending out decisions.

Has anyone been accepted to Ohio State and plan on dropping their spot/committing somewhere else? I'm very high on the waitlist and just trying to figure out what my chances are of getting in.

I got into St. Catherine and was wait listed at Madison (I hold a moderately-strong place on the wait list). Is anyone in the same position? I plan to submit my deposit to St. Catherine, but if I get a last minute spot at Madison I don't know if I would accept. It would save me a lot of money in tuition but St. Kates has a lot more international opportunities...is anyone else having the same quandry?

I got into St. Catherine and was wait listed at Madison (I hold a moderately-strong place on the wait list). Is anyone in the same position? I plan to submit my deposit to St. Catherine, but if I get a last minute spot at Madison I don't know if I would accept. It would save me a lot of money in tuition but St. Kates has a lot more international opportunities...is anyone else having the same quandry?
I was accepted into both programs and ultimately turned down St. Kate's, but I think you are approaching the situation in the best way you can. It might help to know that UW Madison doesn't require a deposit of any sort, so if you do get into Madison, at least you won't have to put more money down there to hold your spot. I wish you luck!

I was wait listed at Madison as well. How did you find out what your spot was?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody been accepted to Carroll University of St Scholastica and will be declining? I am pretty high on the waitlist and trying to see if I have a chance of getting in.

How did you find out your current standing on Carroll's wait list?
Has anybody been accepted to Carroll University of St Scholastica and will be declining? I am pretty high on the waitlist and trying to see if I have a chance of getting in.

How did you find out your current standing on Carroll's wait list?
Called Cindy and she didn’t tell me where exactly I was but she said I was “pretty high” on the waitlist. That’s all I know.

Called Cindy and she didn’t tell me where exactly I was but she said I was “pretty high” on the waitlist. That’s all I know.
I am on the wait list too, so I was just curious. Thank you! I wonder when they will start working their way down the wait list.. I'm dying to know because the program starts June 1!

I am on the wait list too, so I was just curious. Thank you! I wonder when they will start working their way down the wait list.. I'm dying to know because the program starts June 1!
She told me they are constantly going through it as students decline their acceptenances. I’m dying to know also!

I would be careful with Madison’s waitlist. I held a moderately strong position last year and never got off. I believe they have a big waitlist ~30 applicants. I am currently (again) on the waitlist at Madison.

I have a friend who attends Milwaukee and she said they are dispersing acceptances in waves this year. That is why some people have heard while others have not.

Reactions: 1 users
I was wait listed at Madison as well. How did you find out what your spot was?
I just emailed the admissions coordinator and asked if Madison shares information with students about their place on the waitlist and she just replied I held a "moderately-strong position." So I'm not sure how promising that is since I don't how many students are on the list or how quickly they go through the wait list. I bet if you ask her she would be able to tell you about your spot too!

I would be careful with Madison’s waitlist. I held a moderately strong position last year and never got off. I believe they have a big waitlist ~30 applicants. I am currently (again) on the waitlist at Madison.
Thanks for your insight!

I have a friend who attends Milwaukee and she said they are dispersing acceptances in waves this year. That is why some people have heard while others have not.
This includes rejections I presume? So hopefully that’s positive news for those who haven’t heard anything!

I was accepted into both programs and ultimately turned down St. Kate's, but I think you are approaching the situation in the best way you can. It might help to know that UW Madison doesn't require a deposit of any sort, so if you do get into Madison, at least you won't have to put more money down there to hold your spot. I wish you luck!
Thanks for the reassurance! Congratulations on your acceptances!

Anyone accepted to St. Catherine’s or Carroll University and will be declining their spot? I’m on the top third of the waitlist and want to know my chances!

Anyone accepted to St. Catherine’s or Carroll University and will be declining their spot? I’m on the top third of the waitlist and want to know my chances!
I was accepted at St. Kate’s but will be declining in favor of UW Madison or UMN (just accepted there today!). Having a tough time deciding. Best of luck, I hope it opens up a spot for you!

Yesterday I was accepted to University of Minnesota (both campuses) Im accepting my spot at Twin Cities today.

i was told that there were several ahead of me on Carroll's waitlist. I'm thinking several means somewhere between 6-15 people, depending on the size of the waitlist.

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from UW Madison?

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from UW Madison?
I’m currently on the wait list there, they said I hold a “strong position” but I’m not sure what that actually means I feel like I lot of people have said that’s what Madison told them too haha. Has anyone else heard from UW Milwaukee yet??

I’m currently on the wait list there, they said I hold a “strong position” but I’m not sure what that actually means I feel like I lot of people have said that’s what Madison told them too haha. Has anyone else heard from UW Milwaukee yet??
Yeah that’s what my friend was told as well. I still haven’t been told my status. I was accepted at Milwaukee on Monday.

Reactions: 2 users
For people accepted to St. Kate's first round.. when do you have to decide by?

Accepted into UW-Milwaukee and University of Minnesota today!

Did you decline your spot at Carroll and St Scholastica?
I have declined at St. Scholastica but am still considering Carroll. I will make my final decision by the end of the month!

Any advice for pursuing a research focused program (due to significantly much less cost) when I know I want to practice clinically? Will I survive the transition and be prepared enough? :thinking:

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Milwaukee? I haven’t heard anything yet and am wondering if anyone else is in he same boat

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Milwaukee? I haven’t heard anything yet and am wondering if anyone else is in he same boat
Yes still waiting “patiently” ...

I looked back in my emails from last year. (I was waitlisted last year at UW-Milwaukee). I received a waitlist email on May 1st.

Yeah that’s what my friend was told as well. I still haven’t been told my status. I was accepted at Milwaukee on Monday.
I believe Alexia shares if you are “moderately strong” or “strong” on the waitlist. There are two different responses people are getting, so that is helpful in knowing your position

Guys I just got into Minnesota today and they literally gave me three days to accept or decline

Reactions: 2 users
Guys I just got into Minnesota today and they literally gave me three days to accept or decline
Congratulations! I have heard of people requesting an extension. If you feel pressured maybe try to mention that you need more time? You can always make an excuse like you don't have the deposit, or you're waiting to hear back from another program.

Can people update when they get off the waitlist for UW-Madison?

Can people update when they get off the waitlist for UW-Madison?
I'm not sure how many seats will be dropped to pull off of the waitlist. But I have a friend attending there this summer and she said the cohort seems pretty established. I hope that helps. Best of luck!!