-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwester Chicago Woot!
Started by Vr6
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats... i'm still waitin' to hear back from them... hopefully soon...
same no email what day did you have your candidate visit?
I was there on Feb. 12
i got an acceptance phone call this morning too! it's a great way to start a day! =) my mcv was on feb. 12.
now, i have to decide whether i want to go to mwu-ccp or creighton...
now, i have to decide whether i want to go to mwu-ccp or creighton...
i was there feb 13th.
are you guys from that area or out of state?
i am from MD and will need to start looking for housing soon.
Are you from MD? I am from Maryland too!! Nice to meet you!!
i was there feb 13th.
are you guys from that area or out of state?
i am from MD and will need to start looking for housing soon.
I live in Chicago but I grew up in a town close to Downers Grove.
Just got my call today too! Super stoked! But there's soo much to figure out, like bringing my car to midwest, housing, etc...
Just got my call today too! Super stoked! But there's soo much to figure out, like bringing my car to midwest, housing, etc...
You'll need a car. Nothing is in walking distance from campus.
Just got my call today too! Super stoked! But there's soo much to figure out, like bringing my car to midwest, housing, etc...
yeah i gotta get that all worked out too i would really hate to live in the dorms i want my own kitchen, but they said its near impossible for a p1 to get into them 🙁
getting my car up would be a pain. its like a 16 hour drive from maryland to chicago.
btw i think we both bummed a car ride back that day back to the hamptons =D
They called you Today (Saturday) or yesterday?Just got my call today too! Super stoked! But there's soo much to figure out, like bringing my car to midwest, housing, etc...
yeah i gotta get that all worked out too i would really hate to live in the dorms i want my own kitchen, but they said its near impossible for a p1 to get into them 🙁
getting my car up would be a pain. its like a 16 hour drive from maryland to chicago.
btw i think we both bummed a car ride back that day back to the hamptons =D
hahaha- hey you!
what up?? ok maryland 16 hour drive- what about cali!?!? I'm gonna have to sell my car and buy one in chicago- hahaha- actually I have no idea about the logistics.
are you stoked? going?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They called you Today (Saturday) or yesterday?
they called me yesterday/friday morning-8 am my time!
hahaha- hey you!
what up?? ok maryland 16 hour drive- what about cali!?!? I'm gonna have to sell my car and buy one in chicago- hahaha- actually I have no idea about the logistics.
are you stoked? going?
oh yeah i've been drinking everyday since i heard.
now i just gotta decide to goto umd or to chicago. if i goto umd i am most likely gonna be at shady grove campus and not the main one and if thats the case i am going to chicago.
awwww damn. so no phone call means no acceptance i'm guessing. too bad cuz i was really hopin to get in this year too ...
hey man.. no worries.. keep hope alive
some people i know didn't get a phone call. they got an email.
hahaha- hey you!
what up?? ok maryland 16 hour drive- what about cali!?!? I'm gonna have to sell my car and buy one in chicago- hahaha- actually I have no idea about the logistics.
are you stoked? going?
I guess I am not the only one who is worrying about buying a car. Are you guys gonna buy the car as soon as you get to school?
I didn't get a packet either. But, I remember Wendy saying that they were preparing it and that it'll take a few weeks.
Did anyone's interact account change? Mine still says "application complete" under status...I think it's suppose to say admission accepted or something of that nature?
Did anyone's interact account change? Mine still says "application complete" under status...I think it's suppose to say admission accepted or something of that nature?
hey guys it takes atleast 3 weeks for the packet to come and about 3 weeks for ur account to change as well
I didn't get a packet either. But, I remember Wendy saying that they were preparing it and that it'll take a few weeks.
Did anyone's interact account change? Mine still says "application complete" under status...I think it's suppose to say admission accepted or something of that nature?
it will take a time for interact account change. about a week...
does anyone know if midwestern is complete all the interview session. i submitted my application in november and havent heard a word from them either good or bad news. i ask the counselor woman on the Interact accound but she just keeps saying the applications are under review.
does anyone know if midwestern is complete all the interview session. i submitted my application in november and havent heard a word from them either good or bad news. i ask the counselor woman on the Interact accound but she just keeps saying the applications are under review.
I was at one of the February MCV's, and they told us that they will be holding them in March and April too. So - they aren't done yet. Also, their supplemental application deadline was just last week so I think you still have a chance.
does anyone know if midwestern is complete all the interview session. i submitted my application in november and havent heard a word from them either good or bad news. i ask the counselor woman on the Interact accound but she just keeps saying the applications are under review.
They have rolling admissions, and I think it has a lot to do with your PCAT score. That's just my guess since your GPA is really good.
comet81 -
How long did it take to receive your admission packet? Once you received it, how much time did you have to send in your deposit?
thanks
My interview was on Dec.11th and received acceptance call on Dec. 15th so I received my packet about 13 days later. I had to pay my deposit by Jan 15th. Actually, I paid the deposit online. The packet would have your new ID and password that you need when you log into this site.
The reason I said it might take time at this time is that all processes has been so slow since mid-January. For example, after 1/15, I realized that my file said they still have not received my matriculation aggreement and technical standard sheet. So, I called the admission office. Then, the lady told me they were so busy with just taking care of all the application.
so, don't be panic. But, I still recommend you to call.
My interview was on Dec.11th and received acceptance call on Dec. 15th so I received my packet about 13 days later. I had to pay my deposit by Jan 15th. Actually, I paid the deposit online. The packet would have your new ID and password that you need when you log into this site.
The reason I said it might take time at this time is that all processes has been so slow since mid-January. For example, after 1/15, I realized that my file said they still have not received my matriculation aggreement and technical standard sheet. So, I called the admission office. Then, the lady told me they were so busy with just taking care of all the application.
so, don't be panic. But, I still recommend you to call.
Thanks for the info comet! 😀 I just received my acceptance phone call last Thursday, so maybe I still have a week or two to wait for my packet. I'm just so anxious - and very excited. It seems like if I'm not anxiously waiting to hear if I'm accepted, then I'm stalking my mailbox for my acceptance packet. I guess this whole process is helping to teach me a bit of patience.... but I want that packet now! lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the info comet! 😀 I just received my acceptance phone call last Thursday, so maybe I still have a week or two to wait for my packet. I'm just so anxious - and very excited. It seems like if I'm not anxiously waiting to hear if I'm accepted, then I'm stalking my mailbox for my acceptance packet. I guess this whole process is helping to teach me a bit of patience.... but I want that packet now! lol
i know exactly how you feel, i don't like being teased with the phone call and not getting the good stuff in the mail lol
lol...its all good people! we 're in and thats all that matters- don't stalk your mailbox until for another 10 days or so! hehehe....as for cars, everyone says that the snow makes your car not last as long. is that true for you people from eastcoast/midwest? I have no clue! But I am just gonna buy my car when I get to Illinois, and say bye bye to my car at home = (
So is anybody gonna start a blog or facebook group or something so we can meet all our future class of 2011 classmates??
= )
So is anybody gonna start a blog or facebook group or something so we can meet all our future class of 2011 classmates??
= )
I am from Minnesota so I am used to the salt ware and tare on my car!! Just a FYI, a group has been started on Facebook for all of the Class of 2011!!!! However, there is only 3 of us so far; so if you are on facebook JOIN US!!! Just search " CCP Class of 2011 " It will definately be great to meet others and converse before August comes around!!!
PS- Has anyone who applied for Fin Aid received an Award Letter yet??
PS- Has anyone who applied for Fin Aid received an Award Letter yet??
lol...its all good people! we 're in and thats all that matters- don't stalk your mailbox until for another 10 days or so! hehehe....as for cars, everyone says that the snow makes your car not last as long. is that true for you people from eastcoast/midwest? I have no clue! But I am just gonna buy my car when I get to Illinois, and say bye bye to my car at home = (
So is anybody gonna start a blog or facebook group or something so we can meet all our future class of 2011 classmates??
= )
PS- Has anyone who applied for Fin Aid received an Award Letter yet??
You won't hear about financial aid until at least after the deadline....and more likely not until the summer. Don't worry though, they generally give all students the full amount (~31000).
Where are you living-when shool starts? I found this great apt community 2 mins from school and they have full kitchens-great price...I think the 1 bed studios are at $769 right now-they really cater to Midwestern Students-
I rented there at Versailles.
I rented there at Versailles.
Only $31,000??? Is it going to be enough since tuition is like $25,000 already.
I don't think thats enought. i think its 40k-ish for those of us that are dorming.
btw i can't find that facebook group, maybe you should change the name of the group to something easier to find like "Accepted:Midwestern CCP 2011" and make sure is global?
Where are you living-when shool starts? I found this great apt community 2 mins from school and they have full kitchens-great price...I think the 1 bed studios are at $769 right now-they really cater to Midwestern Students-
I rented there at Versailles.
got a website?
Where are you living-when shool starts? I found this great apt community 2 mins from school and they have full kitchens-great price...I think the 1 bed studios are at $769 right now-they really cater to Midwestern Students-
I rented there at Versailles. Call Marissa 630.627.8890
I rented there at Versailles. Call Marissa 630.627.8890
Where are you living-when shool starts? I found this great apt community 2 mins from school and they have full kitchens-great price...I think the 1 bed studios are at $769 right now-they really cater to Midwestern Students-
I rented there at Versailles. you should Call Marissa 630.627.8890 to find a apt close to campus!
I rented there at Versailles. you should Call Marissa 630.627.8890 to find a apt close to campus!
I can't find the facebook website either...can you send a link? we can only search people on facebook...groups are hard to find.
thanks! = )
thanks! = )
I don't think thats enought. i think its 40k-ish for those of us that are dorming.
QUOTE]
I've dormed and never had a problem with needing to borrow extra money. In fact I have gotten refund checks in the past.
Hmmm, yeah I wonder if you have to be in the Midwestern network to view it...Here is the link, hopefully it works:
http://stcloudstate.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2234081817
http://stcloudstate.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2234081817
I can't find the facebook website either...can you send a link? we can only search people on facebook...groups are hard to find.
thanks! = )
for those who were at the FEB 12 MCV, just wanted to let you guys know that the committee met again on March 5th and decisions were made.....i finally built up the courage to call and found out......so dont loose hope!!!!!!.....ps. my interact now account has NEVER CHANGED....i dont think that thing even works....but whatever its a moot point know...good luck to all....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those who were at the FEB 12 MCV, just wanted to let you guys know that the committee met again on March 5th and decisions were made.....i finally built up the courage to call and found out......so dont loose hope!!!!!!.....ps. my interact now account has NEVER CHANGED....i dont think that thing even works....but whatever its a moot point know...good luck to all....
Were you on the waitlist before? Do you know if they have accepted people off the waitlist?
Hmmm, yeah I wonder if you have to be in the Midwestern network to view it...Here is the link, hopefully it works:
http://stcloudstate.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2234081817
jlpolla
I tried to join the group via the above website but I could not. I could not find Join Group button.
Were you on the waitlist before? Do you know if they have accepted people off the waitlist?
sorry i dont know....i never recieved any communication since my mcv, so i assume i was never on any waiting list....good luck...
jlpolla
I tried to join the group via the above website but I could not. I could not find Join Group button.
works for me......
Similar threads
- Locked
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K