You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern AZ MABS 2021-2022
Started by medschlhpfl
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
solotravelingpremed
Full Member
Hi! I originally applied to the Downers Grove DO programs for the current cycle. I hold a handful of waitlist positions but will be pursuing the SMP route assuming I don’t get off a WL.
Nice to meet you!
Nice to meet you!
Nice to meet you too! Wishing you the best of luck! This cycle was a crap shoot for me and reapplying as we speak lol but will probably be doing the MABS in AZ!! Just not so ecstatic about the price 😕Hi! I originally applied to the Downers Grove DO programs for the current cycle. I hold a handful of waitlist positions but will be pursuing the SMP route assuming I don’t get off a WL.
Nice to meet you!
Hey, I plan on attending the MABS program this fall. Was hoping to find a Facebook group for the incoming class, but I'm glad we at least have a forum now. Let me know if you're trying to make a Facebook group, Im all in for thatHi y’all I was recently accepted via DO app transfer! Thought I’d start a thread since I haven’t come across one or a fb page (maybe it’s still too early?)
anyone set on attending?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
solotravelingpremed
Full Member
Hey, I plan on attending the MABS program this fall. Was hoping to find a Facebook group for the incoming class, but I'm glad we at least have a forum now. Let me know if you're trying to make a Facebook group, Im all in for that
Hi! I originally applied to the Downers Grove DO programs or the current cycle. I hold a handful of waitlist position but will be pursuing the SMP route assuming I don’t get off a WL.
Nice to meet you!
I’d love a FB. I shouldn’t host it tho since I deactivate my social media a lot. But if someone makes it, happy to join.
FB group would be great but I feel like admin would have to be a previous alum or someone representing the program? Not quite sure whats the call is on that lolHey, I plan on attending the MABS program this fall. Was hoping to find a Facebook group for the incoming class, but I'm glad we at least have a forum now. Let me know if you're trying to make a Facebook group, Im all in for that
Congrats on the acceptance! I am still waiting to hear back from them, but I have a few questions I hope I can get help with.Hi y’all I was recently accepted via DO app transfer! Thought I’d start a thread since I haven’t come across one or a fb page (maybe it’s still too early?)
anyone set on attending?
1. I submitted my application in early April (I feel like it is too late but heard from others that it should be fine). So if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application and how long did it take to hear back from them?
2. Did you have to interview?
Also, I applied to MABS and MSBS in the Glendale, AZ campus. Thanks in advance! 🙂)
solotravelingpremed
Full Member
I’m peeking around at apartments in the area. Anyone from there with any suggestions?
I transferred my app over from the DO program sometime in April and got accepted a few days later without an interview! It actually happened really quick but I would reach out to admissions if you have any Q’s!Congrats on the acceptance! I am still waiting to hear back from them, but I have a few questions I hope I can get help with.
1. I submitted my application in early April (I feel like it is too late but heard from others that it should be fine). So if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application and how long did it take to hear back from them?
2. Did you have to interview?
Also, I applied to MABS and MSBS in the Glendale, AZ campus. Thanks in advance! 🙂)
I actually live on campus with my SO who is in the DO program. Nice family-oriented buildings with pool and clubhouse. 2 min walk to campus. Some of the buildings are newly renovated. But there are a lot of other apartments around the area if you want to separate work from play, like San Lagos.I’m peeking around at apartments in the area. Anyone from there with any suggestions?
Last edited:
There are people looking for roommates in the Midwestern AZ Glendale Housing page on facebook. The San Lagos apartments look really nice. I might get a 2 bedroom at San Lagos apartments across the street and post in the housing page to find a roommate.I’m peeking around at apartments in the area. Anyone from there with any suggestions?
solotravelingpremed
Full Member
There are people looking for roommates in the Midwestern AZ Glendale Housing page on facebook. The San Lagos apartments look really nice. I might get a 2 bedroom at San Lagos apartments across the street and post in the housing page to find a roommate.
Thanks for sharing this info! I’m a little older and I will probably go it alone - skip the roommate. However I’m glad to know where I can find one in the event living alone won’t work out ☺️
solotravelingpremed
Full Member
Anyone here know if it’s possible to live near campus (like a few blocks away at most) and not have a car? Mine is on the fritz and I’d rather not buy a new one.
When I had my on boarding call with a faculty member, they said they’re trying their best to plan for this next school year being in person. So there may be more on campus classes/events, which if you were walking or biking, would really really hot in the May-Sept/Oct. and then really cold in the other months (March-may is pretty nice but that’s only 3 months out of the year lol) but it’s up to you! I’d rec on campus or apartments directly across the street if you don’t have reliable transportationAnyone here know if it’s possible to live near campus (like a few blocks away at most) and not have a car? Mine is on the fritz and I’d rather not buy a new one.
I can't access the page... Is there a discord channel?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone committed to the program want to meet up?