Midwestern CCP 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bsweet2me

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a current PS1 at Midwestern. Feel free to ask any questions and good luck on your interviews this year!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
2) questions:

1) How long after submitting does it take to get an interview?

2) What is the interview like? What do they like to focus on?

Personally, I submitted my application early, July, because of rolling admissions. They did not start interviews until October 2015. I received an interview in mid-October and they submitted an acceptance offer to me within 2 weeks. (you can always look at Midwestern ccp 2020, I was in your same shoes!)

I also posted in Midwestern CCP 2020 thread the questions they asked me, but I will tell you the ones I remember off hand.
Why pharmacy?
How have you dealt with upset customers/patients before?

The group interview made things more comfortable in my opinion because it gives you time to formulate your thoughts and come up with a great answer, just be sure to make it original!

I hope this helps. Do you have an interview scheduled already chem4life?

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I submitted my application early, July, because of rolling admissions. They did not start interviews until October 2015. I received an interview in mid-October and they submitted an acceptance offer to me within 2 weeks. (you can always look at Midwestern ccp 2020, I was in your same shoes!)

I also posted in Midwestern CCP 2020 thread the questions they asked me, but I will tell you the ones I remember off hand.
Why pharmacy?
How have you dealt with upset customers/patients before?

The group interview made things more comfortable in my opinion because it gives you time to formulate your thoughts and come up with a great answer, just be sure to make it original!

I hope this helps. Do you have an interview scheduled already chem4life?
No, not yet. Anything else you deem helpful?

Last edited:
Hello, I am a current PS1 at Midwestern. Feel free to ask any questions and good luck on your interviews this year!
What are some current challenges in pharmacy these day? I could not come up with a good answer for this question. Could you please help me with the answer.
I do not have a bachelor degree but I my GPA is good and I have some experiences in pharmacy. I have an interview next month, do you think I have any chances to get in? Thanks.

What are some current challenges in pharmacy these day? I could not come up with a good answer for this question. Could you please help me with the answer.
I do not have a bachelor degree but I my GPA is good and I have some experiences in pharmacy. I have an interview next month, do you think I have any chances to get in? Thanks.
When did you submit your application/When did you receive a interview invite?

I submitted my Pharmcas application 08/28/2016 but my application was locked in the school that I chose as my ED . I am wait listed for that school. They released my application last Friday and I send my application to other school on Saturday. I got the interview invitation from Midwestern on Monday. I believe they would send you the invitation link as soon as your Pharmcas application is done.

I submitted my Pharmcas application 08/28/2016 but my application was locked in the school that I chose as my ED . I am wait listed for that school. They released my application last Friday and I send my application to other school on Saturday. I got the interview invitation from Midwestern on Monday. I believe they would send you the invitation link as soon as your Pharmcas application is done.
I didn't realize you're talking about Glendale! This thread was for CCP, but no worries. That's really fast for an interview invite though!

I didn't realize you're talking about Glendale! This thread was for CCP, but no worries. That's really fast for an interview invite though!
When they send you the link to schedule your interview date, you will be able to schedule an interview for both campuses. Donot worry you will get it fast too. I applied for 15 schools on Saturday and I got 9 interviews by today.

Things I did to prepare was to know what the school is about because during the interview they will ask if you have any questions and I thought of some in advance. Such as, what types of student organizations there are to join, or how well integrated are the interprofessional classes in the pharmacy program?

Current challenges in pharmacy: I would say the changing healthcare system with the affordable care act and pharmacists are playing in increasing role in patient care but do not receive provider status in most states.

If you have a good gpa, probably above 3.3, and you can communicate well during the interview then you probably have a good chance on getting in. (as long as your pcat is reasonable as well, but I do know of at least one classmate that had a 2.9 gpa and was accepted). My advice would be not to stress too much because you can't change your gpa/pcat too much right before the interview, so focus on the interview and presenting yourself well and being prepared for any type of question that they may throw at you.

Last edited:

Good luck on your interview!

Things I did to prepare was to know what the school is about because during the interview they will ask if you have any questions and I thought of some in advance. Such as, what types of student organizations there are to join, or how well integrated are the interprofessional classes in the pharmacy program?

Current challenges in pharmacy: I would say the changing healthcare system with the affordable care act and pharmacists are playing in increasing role in patient care but do not receive provider status in most states.

If you have a good gpa, probably above 3.3, and you can communicate well during the interview then you probably have a good chance on getting in. (as long as your pcat is reasonable as well, but I do know of at least one classmate that had a 2.9 gpa and was accepted). My advice would be not to stress too much because you can't change your gpa/pcat too much right before the interview, so focus on the interview and presenting yourself well and being prepared for any type of question that they may throw at you.
Thanks for the help. I am trying not be nervous but unfortunately it is not possible. My science gpa is 3.65 and non-science one is 3.8 but my pcat is 62 percentile, which is not impressive at all :( . Since English is my second language I am not confident at all, but I am doing my best to get prepared as much as possible.

The roles of pharmacists are expanding (and are more stressful). Retail pharmacies are becoming a little more clinical (as evident through the promotion of flu shots). The increase in the number of prescriptions due to baby boomers population. Patient compliance is extremely important; I think mentioning that during your interview is awesome since that is basically our primary role...to ensure that patient's are taking their prescriptions as directed per their doctor. Pharmacists truly set the tone of the pharmacy, so having an upbeat, go-getter personality is important. Otherwise, it feels like cashiers and pharmacy technicians are lagging, resulting in un-optimal performance. You must set a good example to your technicians so that they can respect you, and also follow your good work ethics. Your competence and mentality is also important because you are verifying prescriptions every second/minute/hour. I know nothing about hospital pharmacy though. Sounds boring :p Retail is stressful, but it CAN be fun. That's me; I love the thrill and the unstoppable prescriptions coming to our work queue. GL with your interview!

The roles of pharmacists are expanding (and are more stressful). Retail pharmacies are becoming a little more clinical (as evident through the promotion of flu shots). The increase in the number of prescriptions due to baby boomers population. Patient compliance is extremely important; I think mentioning that during your interview is awesome since that is basically our primary role...to ensure that patient's are taking their prescriptions as directed per their doctor. Pharmacists truly set the tone of the pharmacy, so having an upbeat, go-getter personality is important. Otherwise, it feels like cashiers and pharmacy technicians are lagging, resulting in un-optimal performance. You must set a good example to your technicians so that they can respect you, and also follow your good work ethics. Your competence and mentality is also important because you are verifying prescriptions every second/minute/hour. I know nothing about hospital pharmacy though. Sounds boring :p Retail is stressful, but it CAN be fun. That's me; I love the thrill and the unstoppable prescriptions coming to our work queue. GL with your interview!
Thank you so much. This a perfect answer,I 'll try to memorize them all,just in case!

Thanks for the help. I am trying not be nervous but unfortunately it is not possible. My science gpa is 3.65 and non-science one is 3.8 but my pcat is 62 percentile, which is not impressive at all :( . Since English is my second language I am not confident at all, but I am doing my best to get prepared as much as possible.

I had very similar scores, keep your confidence high!! You got this!
I was very nervous too though, and I understand your situation. You feel like there's too much riding on a single interview and you do not want to make any mistakes. I hope they make you feel as comfortable as they made me feel so you can communicate effectively. Please keep me up to date on how your interview goes!

I apologize for not responding quickly, I am preparing for finals week!!

Do you remember roughly how many questions they asked during the interview?

Hello, I'm wondering what the English component is that you have to do when you come in? Can you please help me on that?

Hello, I'm wondering what the English component is that you have to do when you come in? Can you please help me on that?
I just had my interview on Friday and the essay part was just two questions that you had to write in about 20-30 minutes. Really easy questions. Nothing to worry about