Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, I just submitted my supplemental application today. Any idea how long it will take to hear back from them, and do you think I will receive an interview with these stats:

PharmCAS Calculated
Science - 2.52
Non-Science 3.47
Overall - 2.74

PCAT - Composite 85%

I am also finishing up a Master's in Pharmacology and Toxicology (Michigan State's College of Osteopathic Medicine). My MS GPA after this semester will be around a 3.0 (depends on how my final papers go)

I also have a TON of work experience, two mission trips, lots of extracurriculars, and shadowing experience.

Considering you are getting an advanced degree in a related field, I'd say that you are in good shape. In terms of if, how, and when you will get an interview depends entirely on how many interviews they have scheduled already and how you stack up against them.

Hi! I'm really interested in going to Midwestern University!

How do you like the university? From my research it seems like a nice place to live as well as a good pharmacy school.

My GPA is 3.11 and my PCAT is an 85. I've volunteered at 4 pharmacies (compound pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, Walgreens, and a private retail pharmacy) and I'm in many clubs, just no leadership positions. Do you think I have a chance?
I'd say you have a chance, I just interviewed there and your stats are close to mine. I really liked their program. Still waiting to hear back from them though.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
October 26th is sooo close. Starting to get that nervous excitement. Anybody else staying nearby the night before?

I just wanted to ask a couple of questions--being that this process really makes me nervous.

I am a Junior, so I will not be getting a bachelor degree.

Medcial Internship in Ghana, West Africa last summer (I delievered babies alone and drew blood/pricked fingers)

Worked in a pharmacy for 2 years

Certified Pharmacy Tech in KY

3.5 science gpa

3.79 pre-reg gpa

3.58 overall

I have done research with hydroxyl-d

I received a pcat of 81% (that was just preliminary score--I'm waiting for my actual results)

I have a great rec from a RUSH U professor/doctor (he is the top cardiologist over all Chicago hospitals)

And, is there any advice you can offer me? I would greatly appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to ask a couple of questions--being that this process really makes me nervous.

Medcial Internship in Ghana, West Africa last summer (I delievered babies alone and drew blood/pricked fingers)

3.5 science gpa

3.79 pre-reg gpa

3.58 overall

I received a pcat of 81% (that was just preliminary score--I'm waiting for my actual results)

I have a great rec from a RUSH U professor/doctor (he is the top cardiologist over all Chicago hospitals)

Would I be considered competitive??

I think you have great stats; you have spent a good amount of time working in the pharmacy, your internship is great (it is something to talk about in the interview as well), and your gpa is great. I think that this should be good enough to offset the fact that you do not have a Bachelors. When I interviewed, I met another applicant who was in a similar situation. :)

3.5 science gpa

3.79 pre-reg gpa

3.58 overall

Would I be considered competitive??

Thank you for your reply! About how long after midwestern received your supplemental did you get an interview?

Thank you for your reply! About how long after midwestern received your supplemental did you get an interview?
It took them about 5 days after they got my supplemental for them to offer me an interview

That's good to hear! Congrats! I turned in supplemental, but am still waiting on my PCAT scores from September (I only took it once). Hopefully after they receive the scores it won't take long for me to hear something. Do they notify you that your application is in review or anything?

They said we would hear back in 2 weeks right? From the first interview date? So tomorrow? Has anyone heard back about being accepted yet?

I have the interview next two days. I still do not know hoe to prepare for the writing portion. Does anyone have any suggestion? Thanks

hey did anyone from the october 10 interview date hear anything?? I called today and I guess that the admission committee aren't even meeting until the first week of November. Which I thought was weird since they stressed that it would only take 14 days to hear back :shifty: :uhno:

The writing portion is very straight-forward, more so 'short answer'. They will ask you what you would do when faced with a general ethical dilemma that are very common when working in a pharmacy.

The writing portion is very straight-forward, more so 'short answer'. They will ask you what you would do when faced with a general ethical dilemma that are very common when working in a pharmacy.

Thank you for answering my question. I know that the writing portion is about 30 minutes. Do we really need 30 minutes to answer the short question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for answering my question. I know that the writing portion is about 30 minutes. Do we really need 30 minutes to answer the short question.

no, not at all. They give you one lined page, front and back. I wrote about 3 short paragraphs, and took me maybe 15 minutes. They allow 30 mins so that we're given ample time.

hey did anyone from the october 10 interview date hear anything?? I called today and I guess that the admission committee aren't even meeting until the first week of November. Which I thought was weird since they stressed that it would only take 14 days to hear back :shifty: :uhno:

Yeah I spoke with them as well. They told me that they are meeting first week of November. I guess the sleepless nights continue.

Do you guys know if we have to bring anything to the interview?

Do you guys know if we have to bring anything to the interview?

No you don't need to bring anything. They provide everything you'll need. Also they give you a notebook and a pen if you were planning on taking notes.

That's good to hear! Congrats! I turned in supplemental, but am still waiting on my PCAT scores from September (I only took it once). Hopefully after they receive the scores it won't take long for me to hear something. Do they notify you that your application is in review or anything?
yeah the day after i turned it in they let me know my app was complete and it was under review

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow, I'll see you all there :)

That totally sucks, why until November? So long lol

Yeah I spoke with them as well. They told me that they are meeting first week of November. I guess the sleepless nights continue.

Just got my interview invite.

B.S. Bio @ a UC
cGPA 2.73
sGPA 2.77
PCAT 92, 4.5 writing
Prepreq GPA ~3.9
120 Hrs of pharmacy volunteering

Daughter just go an interview invite for both Midwestern Chicago and Arizona

At a good public university in CA (UC)
cGPA 3.34
PCAT 97 Composite Writing 4.5
California pharmacy technician certificate
Volunteer at hospital and pharmacy - hour not known
Member of several school clubs
Applying 5 California school and 7 out of state school

:)I just submitted my supplemental! Hoping SO BAD for an invite. Do you think I applied too late?
I really do not know what "early" and "late" is considered for this pharmacy application process. But it is stressing me out!:scared:

Stats:
GPA: 3.69 (Pretty much the same for science, overall, and prereqs)
Pcat: 85
Will have a BFA
Worked/ volunteered at a pharmacy for about a year.
Volunteered at a hospital for a year.
Lots of job experience (Had to support myself throughout college)
but unfortunately that led to me never having enough time to join a club :(

Your stats look really good. I think you'll be fine! My PCAT scores literally just went through yesterday, and I already got an invite.. so keep checking your portal.. I'm sure it will be soon!

Hey,

I just got an interview invitation today for 11/7th or 11/14th but I am not free on these two days. Does anyone if it is possible to ask for alternative dates?

Hey,

I just got an interview invitation today for 11/7th or 11/14th but I am not free on these two days. Does anyone if it is possible to ask for alternative dates?

They said call if you cannot make the dates on your MWU-portal. Nov 7th/14th... way too short notice especially since i'm coming from LA. In all honesty, I just don't want to pay extra for airfare.

Yeah, I am coming from SF and the air fee is super expensive! I just called them and they said I just need to wait for an email for more dates.

Yeah, I am coming from SF and the air fee is super expensive! I just called them and they said I just need to wait for an email for more dates.

Hell yeah it's expensive! That's why I only accepted the AZ invite. It was only $140 round trip!

Anyone from October 26th interview here back yet? Portal changes???? Restless here....

Anyone from October 26th interview here back yet? Portal changes???? Restless here....

Me too mannn I interviewed on oct 10 and supposedly the committee meets tomorrow so well see wussup

Me too mannn I interviewed on oct 10 and supposedly the committee meets tomorrow so well see wussup

I interviewed on the 26th... I can't imagine having to wait as long as you have! I was thinking that they wouldn't meet on Election Day, but I'll be thrilled if they do :)

I can't believe you've been waiting so long. :thumbup: For not going crazy yet.

Well maybe we are all a little crazy right now :laugh:

It would be fantastic if they meet tomorrow. I'm dying to find out, but a part of me is sort of hoping they stall a bit so I can hear more news from my number one school choice.

I can't believe you've been waiting so long. :thumbup: For not going crazy yet.

Well maybe we are all a little crazy right now :laugh:

It would be fantastic if they meet tomorrow. I'm dying to find out, but a part of me is sort of hoping they stall a bit so I can hear more news from my number one school choice.

Thanks I think everyone from the oct 10 day is going crazy. If they accept you, I think they give u a month to put down that huge 1000 deposit!!! Hahah I hope we alll get in!

I just called the office of admissions and they confirmed with me that the committee has met already but not all the interviewers were present. Anyone's portal change yet?!?!?!

No portal change- Did they say if decisions were made without the one interviewer present?

I just called the office of admissions and they confirmed with me that the committee has met already but not all the interviewers were present. Anyone's portal change yet?!?!?!

Negative, mine hasn't changed. Did you ask the office if they could just tell you over the phone whether or not you got accepted? I have some interviews coming up, but I'd rather spend my money on the deposit than more plane tickets.

Negative, mine hasn't changed. Did you ask the office if they could just tell you over the phone whether or not you got accepted? I have some interviews coming up, but I'd rather spend my money on the deposit than more plane tickets.

The person i spoke to said that the committee has met, however there were some interviewers that were not there. im assuming the interviewer is present when reviewing your files. She said that even still she is not allowed to give out information about anyone over the phone until they begin to receive the files. She did not ask my name so im not sure what going on but im sure that the acceptances will begin anyday now. And im assuming that the board will meet regarding the oct. 10th day and the recent date. but all in all I'm just assuming hahah well just wait around until we see a posting that he/she is accepted. then itll be ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!

The person i spoke to said that the committee has met, however there were some interviewers that were not there. im assuming the interviewer is present when reviewing your files. She said that even still she is not allowed to give out information about anyone over the phone until they begin to receive the files. She did not ask my name so im not sure what going on but im sure that the acceptances will begin anyday now. And im assuming that the board will meet regarding the oct. 10th day and the recent date. but all in all I'm just assuming hahah well just wait around until we see a posting that he/she is accepted. then itll be ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!

Yeah, I'm still waiting for someone to post their acceptance, ha. Thanks for the info! I guess I'll wait a few more days before I give them a call.

Arghhhhhhhh now I'm going to be checking the portal like every five minutes

Anyone else check their portal again? I can now view the accepted student checklist!! When I went into the matriculation agreement, it said "your information is being updated please check back tomorrow" or something along those lines. So I'm not celebrating just yet, but I'm hoping just being able to get into the portal means acceptance!

Mine hasn't changed, that could be bad news for me.

check your portals just got my acceptance!!!! yay :)

Good luck to everyone else!

Accepted as well. Received email from Kerry this morning.

I got accepted!!! Great start to my day :) Congrats everyone!

Same here, wonder if we still have a chance. Are people still getting updated or was it updated for everyone first thing this am?

Same here, wonder if we still have a chance. Are people still getting updated or was it updated for everyone first thing this am?

I called yesterday regarding my status and she said she was in the process of writing a letter to be placed on the alternate list. She said that I can speak to a counselor to inquire on why that is so.