Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2018)

Started by jkong
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok..I'm hearing about this cold weather/snow storm stuff in the news. Anyone know if the interview will still hold on January 10th? I'm from the South- everything is cancelled at the mention of even ice/snow. Someone told me to go purchase a ski mask. lol. Not sure if he was joking....he's not from Chicago either.

I'm freaking out. Maybe reschedule the interview?
Call the admissions office just to be sure that they will still be held. Chicago schools will be in session on Wednesday so they may be at the tail end of the super cold weather....however being from Milwaukee and now living in Phoenix I can tell you that you will want to have a warm jacket, a good pair of gloves, a hat and scarf. Also it never hurts to have a face mask but seeing as you will not be hiking around all that much a big scarf should do it. The thing to remember is to always have your skin covered. Just remember it is still winter in Illinois
 
the storm is done...
today is the 9th n the main roads r clean...so you should be good for tomorrow unless the school makes its own decisions to hold off. It is still frigid cold out, but manageable.
 
Has anyone from the December 11th interview heard back yet. Any acceptances from that interview date?
Please post.
Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone from the December 11th interview heard back yet. Any acceptances from that interview date?
Please post.
Thanks.

I interviewed on that day as well and I havn't heard anything. I can only assume they have a lot of applicants to review since the holidays slowed them down.
 
So today at 8:05am...i logged into the applicant portal and the first thing i saw was them asking me to verify/update my contact info. Address/phone/email/ and at the bottom was an accounts payable permanent address verification box.
Is this an indication of good news
 
Is anyone else interviewing Feb 14th? I feel like I am being interviewed pretty late I am worried that I have a lesser chance of getting in.
 
Is anyone else interviewing Feb 14th? I feel like I am being interviewed pretty late I am worried that I have a lesser chance of getting in.

Nah, don't worry about that. Rolling admissions, rite? So no worries.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to those that were recently accepted. Do you all plan to attend the university? If so they have a Facebook page for the class.
 
Congrats! Those who got accepted can you share your stats?
Hi!
cGPA: 3.3
PCAT: 70
I will be getting a bachelors of science in Molecular Cellular Biology from University of Illinois in May. I am in many extracurricular organizations and have about a year of pharmacy experience at a tech!

Good luck during your application/interviewing process!
 
  • Like
Reactions: afy
Does anyone know if you will receive a email if you are on the wait list? Or if you were rejected? Haven't received anything yet which is really discouraging.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if you will receive a email if you are on the wait list? Or if you were rejected? Haven't received anything yet which is really discouraging.

you will get one if you are on the waitlist. I did anyway..still waiting on that acceptance though which after being on the wait list is nerve racking
 
girls who interviewed - did you bring a purse or bag? how much walking do you do?

I have an interview on jan 24!
 
girls who interviewed - did you bring a purse or bag? how much walking do you do?

I have an interview on jan 24!

I brought a wristlet, but you can bring any purse or bag if you want to because everyone left their belongings in a room. We walked for about....half an hour or so and it was kind of cold when I went to interview. I wore heels and I didn't like it because it was cold and I felt like I was walking slow during the tour. I don't usually wear heels, so that was part of the reason lol.
Good luck on your interview 🙂
 
girls who interviewed - did you bring a purse or bag? how much walking do you do?

I have an interview on jan 24!
Yes you may. After you check-in, you are directed to a classroom where everyone else interviewing would be in. You get to leave your stuff (jackets, file/folders, etc) there before you go on your group interview.

Not much walking either, although I brought my boots which I changed to before the tour. The tour is optional though.

Good luck with your interview and make sure to take a deep breath and talk slowly 🙂
 
Ok, so my matriculation portal still requests the transcripts for my schools, is this real or what (if i sent em through PharmCAS, do they still want me to order fresh ones and send them to the school itself; need help on this one)?
Thanks guys.
 
Ok, so my matriculation portal still requests the transcripts for my schools, is this real or what (if i sent em through PharmCAS, do they still want me to order fresh ones and send them to the school itself; need help on this one)?
Thanks guys.

If you are accepted, you do have to send transcripts separate from PharmCAS. It's part of the matriculation process. They need to be sent 2 weeks prior to start of school.
 
had an interview on the 24th, looks like I got denied.

"communication and articulation issues", don't be nervous during the interview I guess

Good luck to the rest of you
 
Those with upcoming interviews especially tomorrow, Wed Jan 29: DRESS WARM!

See you candidates tomorrow 🙂 I'll be one of the student ambassadors providing you the tour and answering any questions you have (in person; you can always ask questions here)

If you've been accepted, join the FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MWUCCP2018/
If you don't get accepted within 24 hrs, send the admin (me) a FB message
 
I was placed on the alternate list, does anyone know when they start pulling from it? In the past has there been a high number of student who have been accepted from the list? Thanks in advance.
 
I just interviewed on 1/29. How long dose it take to hear back and do most of the people who interview get in?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad