Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone interviewing on april 2nd?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone hear back who interviewed March 12? I interviewed with someone from Michigan and a girl from Arizona. So anxious to hear back.

I also interviewed on March 12th and haven't heard anything back yet. Hopefully soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Midwestern is my top choice. I'm having the director of pharmacy at my hospital write me an additional LOR and see if that helps. Hope to hear within the next week since everyone seems to be getting a 2 week average turnaround. I interviewed at CSU as well :( so scared!!!!

Last edited:
Anybody know anything about the mandatory health ins fee? IS there a way to get this waived if I already have health coverage? I find it unnecessary to pay considering I am already covered...

if you already made your deposit, in the midwestern portal, theres a "student service" tab that you click then on the left theres a link for "health insurance" where you have the option of submitting an insurance waiver request.

Hi all, I interviewed on March 14th and I too, am still waiting....It is killing me slowly

Me too! bahhhh it's taking foreverrrrrr. I know some people heard back so quickly, like between days and two weeks...oh well! everyone please post when you hear back!

Got my acceptance in the mail (as in actual snail mail) today! Checked the student portal and see the accepted student checklist now. Check your mailboxes! I thought they'd be sending emails?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! That's great. I have not emails or mail nothing in the accepted checklist... Fingers crossed!
Got my acceptance in the mail (as in actual snail mail) today! Checked the student portal and see the accepted student checklist now. Check your mailboxes! I thought they'd be sending emails?
ts

I got in as well! I didn't get any mail yet though, just a request to make my deposit on the student portal. I'm so happy!!!!!

I got accepted here also but am having a hard time deciding where to go... Chicago State is 15000 cheaper per year....that's a lot of money...any suggestions anyone?????

I got accepted here also but am having a hard time deciding where to go... Chicago State is 15000 cheaper per year....that's a lot of money...any suggestions anyone?????

I would stick with Midwestern. It's more established and has a better reputation.

yea but 60000
I have friends attending CSU and some entering this fall. They like it. Which one is more reasonable for you?
Personally, I chose MWU over UIC though UIC is way cheaper and ranks higher because I felt as if I fitted in better at MWU and wanted to go there for several reasons. See which school is more practical for you to attend personally.

Anyone know of any housing near midwestern? I just got accepted and am in need of a roommate or any ideas will help

Anyone know of any housing near midwestern? I just got accepted and am in need of a roommate or any ideas will help

Are you on the Class of 2018 fb page? There's usually people looking for housing and roommates too

I would stick with Midwestern. It's more established and has a better reputation.
Are you from Illinois? If you plan on staying in the area you may have a slight advantage at MWU, if you are from out Of state and plan to go back I would say it does not make a difference.

I was accepted at CSU as well but decided to attend midwestern. I made my decision based on NAPLEX rates, faculty achievements and accolades, safety, environment and the upkeep of the school's facilities. You have to make a choice that will benefit you more in the long run. On a good note you have options no one could complain about options lol. Good luck.

Are you on the Class of 2018 fb page? There's usually people looking for housing and roommates too

I'm not on the facebook page, but I will look into it.
I still have my fingers crossed that by some miracle I will get into midwestern in Glendale. I applied really late in the cycle. I applied a little before the original March 1st deadline. I interviewed March 14th and got accepted this past Thursday.

I am curious to see what stats are of people who were recently accepted . I truly believe that the admin committee consider the entire package when

I still have my fingers crossed that by some miracle I will get into midwestern in Glendale. I applied really late in the cycle. I applied a little before the original March 1st deadline. I interviewed March 14th and got accepted this past Thursday.

I am curious to see what stats are of people who were recently accepted . I truly believe that the admin committee consider the entire package when

(Considers the entire package when making a decision. I say that because my stats across the board are REALLY average!

Hi all! I checked my portal the other day and saw the Accepted Student's checklist, however I have not received any emails or letters. Is anyone in the same boat as me?

Hi all! I checked my portal the other day and saw the Accepted Student's checklist, however I have not received any emails or letters. Is anyone in the same boat as me?
Yea same here. I called them yday just to confirm. They said they will send it out next week!

Yea same here. I called them yday just to confirm. They said they will send it out next week!
Thanks! I wasn't sure since I wasn't contacted at all, it was a good thing I happened to log on - otherwise I probably wouldn't have known.

Thank you all for your input...this is going to be tough.....I like the campus at MWU and the facilities, but I can't justify the 60000 over the four year span. I think I'm going to have to look a little closer at the program at CSU to see if it suites me. Two months ago I was worried about getting in somewhere, now I'm worried about making the right decision. How priorities change? Lol.....maybe I should rank it on the quality of girls at the schools lol if it's a close knit race.

So I was accepted awhile ago, paid my deposit and blah blah. For the past few days though, when I try to log onto the portal at online.midwestern.edu, this is what I see:

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1396247983.918199.jpg

Is this happening to anyone else?

So I was accepted awhile ago, paid my deposit and blah blah. For the past few days though, when I try to log onto the portal at online.midwestern.edu, this is what I see:

View attachment 179822

Use the drop down list n go to admissions or financial aid, etc from that page. You are on the public tab that's why.

View attachment 179822

Click on the "Public Menu" and there should be a drop down list to take you to familiar pages. Lol hope that helps

Click on the "Public Menu" and there should be a drop down list to take you to familiar pages. Lol hope that helps

Thank you for your help! I can't get to my personal account stuff though :( .Has this been changed? I just want to get to my matriculation agreement to withdraw my offer..

My stats weren't all that:
GPA: 3.80
PCAT: 36
No pharmacy experience
No Bachelors degree just have an Associate in General studies
Submitted application on Jan 6 2014
Received acceptance email on Feb 20 2014

Does anyone know when the glendale campus startS?
I have been accepted to ccp but not even Interviewed an interview at cpg.
Has anyone transferred to cpg?

Does anyone know when the glendale campus startS?
I have been accepted to ccp but not even Interviewed an interview at cpg.
Has anyone transferred to cpg?

They usually start in June. I live in Phoenix and I have a few friends that are there and they all started in June last year

Thank you for your help! I can't get to my personal account stuff though :( .Has this been changed? I just want to get to my matriculation agreement to withdraw my offer..

Hmm I still see it in mine under the post accepted student check list so it hasn't changed ;/ try calling them maybe?

Hmm I still see it in mine under the post accepted student check list so it hasn't changed ;/ try calling them maybe?

Ah weird :/ I actually emailed this morning and literally they said "you have to log in" or call the IT department .. I was like I obviously did log in lol as explained in my email. I'm going to call tomorrow. Thanks for your help again!

Does anyone know approximately how many seats are filled up so far? I just received an email from the school saying they extended their application till May 1st and they are going to waive the $50 application fee. I know I am applying pretty late right now since I wasn't originally going to apply but after I found out about this I decided hey if it's a free application then why not?

Also do you guys know when they will stop conducting interviews? Thanks in advance!

Hi there,
My interview is on April 4th, I'm really nervous about it. I was wondering, how was your interview? and what questions do they ask you?

I'm actually waiting still. My interview doesnt start til 845am. But of course they still have introductions..blah blah..etc before the big interview. But I know that it's a group interview. They ask a question and people just answer in any order. They probably have questions like, why pharmacy? What are your weak points? Current issues that pharmacists are facing. Etc. Keep calm and rock it! Be confident! Fake it til u make it! Good luck!

Does anyone know approximately how many seats are filled up so far? I just received an email from the school saying they extended their application till May 1st and they are going to waive the $50 application fee. I know I am applying pretty late right now since I wasn't originally going to apply but after I found out about this I decided hey if it's a free application then why not?

Also do you guys know when they will stop conducting interviews? Thanks in advance!

Wow they extended until May? Then that means theyre probably far from filling up seats. Because I know that they accept 210 or so students. Maybe not a lot applied this year..I dont know. They still have interviews til april 4 but I dont know if thats the last day... good luck! I interview today eekks!

Good luck to all....I'm giving up my seat.....decided to go somewhere else.

Does anyone know what question are on the writing exercise? Is it a problem and solution essay?

I wish they would pull some of us off the waitlist. I have been on since October and if they are extending out the deadline then they should pull off the waitlist too..

Reactions: 1 user
I wish they would pull some of us off the waitlist. I have been on since October and if they are extending out the deadline then they should pull off the waitlist too..
Honestly I was surprised they are extending the deadline too. It made me wonder if they haven't filled up all of their seats yet even though it's already pretty late in the Cycle.
I've been pretty much waitlisted everywhere else too so that's why I'm gonna give this school a shot now that it's due may 1st. Do they also tell you What number you are on the waitlist?