Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who already went for interview, how many other students were interviewing at the same time?

Hey Paresh,
I interviewed last week it was a 4 student vs 2 faulty interview.. and it went on for like an hour!

Ps. also gujarati :)

Members don't see this ad.

My portal has updated with an accepted students checklist and a matriculation agreement now. I guess this means I am accepted! Anyone else?!
Same Here :) I'm pretty sure this means we're in

Guys I interviewed last week and checked the portal and it says I'm accepted? have not received any calls just wanting to confirm if this is true that I'm accepted or do they give a call later?

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys I interviewed last week and checked the portal and it says I'm accepted? have not received any calls just wanting to confirm if this is true that I'm accepted or do they give a call later?

From reading other peoples' posts, they definitely do not call. And sometimes there is a delay in the acceptance email. But if you go onto your portal and you can actually load and see the actual matriculation agreement, you are in.

From reading other peoples' posts, they definitely do not call. And sometimes there is a delay in the acceptance email. But if you go onto your portal and you can actually load and see the actual matriculation agreement, you are in.

Perfect just waiting for the email then, on the portal I can load the actual articulation agreement so I guess this means that I'm in! Is this your first choice school?

Hey Paresh,
I interviewed last week it was a 4 student vs 2 faulty interview.. and it went on for like an hour!

Ps. also gujarati :)

Hi, thanks for the info. I have interview on January 7th. Congrats on your acceptance!!! This is also my first choice. Hope I get in. yes, I guju! haha.

When you see Midwestern asking you for $1,000, you know you're in. ;)

You guys should expect emails in a couple days or so. Last year, mine came the morning after my portal updated. In 1-2 weeks you should also receive a letter in the mail stated your acceptance as well.

Congrats, guys!

Reactions: 1 user
Had my interview at the beginning of December. Just received a call from Midwestern yesterday, I got accepted! They do call students.Good luck to everyone interviewing. Don't stress, be yourself and you'll get where you want to be.

Hello, got my acceptance to this school a few days ago, I was wondering if a student is able to use Anatomy and Physiology I and Anatomy and Physiology II for the Human anatomy pre-requisite? Please give me some good news, Thanks and if someone is in the same boat as me please tell me. I looked on the checklist, and its not checked because i have not taken the second part of the sequence, therefore I don't know.

Hello, got my acceptance to this school a few days ago, I was wondering if a student is able to use Anatomy and Physiology I and Anatomy and Physiology II for the Human anatomy pre-requisite? Please give me some good news, Thanks and if someone is in the same boat as me please tell me. I looked on the checklist, and its not checked because i have not taken the second part of the sequence, therefore I don't know.

They generally just require one class of it since you need 3 credits. I'm not sure if you need the second sequence. If it contains anatomy in the course then you should be fine, since the course seems like it would to anatomy.

So i'm pretty sure I will be attending MWU CCP this upcoming year, anyone have any insight on apartments in the area? Thanks in advance

So i'm pretty sure I will be attending MWU CCP this upcoming year, anyone have any insight on apartments in the area? Thanks in advance

Congratulations! There are many apartments in the area, it all comes down to what you are looking for in an apartment and how much you'd like to pay. The complexes that most student currently live in are City View at the Highlands, Brook Hill, Clover Creek, Yorktown, Versailles on the Lake, and International Village. However, there are many more within the area.
I hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello. I have a question,I received an email on Dec4,2014that indicated ccp received all my required application and then I created an account .I have not received any interview email yet. Is it bad? It is about 3 weeks and nothing.

could you please answer my question.as I mentioned above I received an email on Dec4,2014that indicated ccp received all my required application and then I created an account .I have not received any interview email yet. What should I do? Is it bad sign?

could you please answer my question.as I mentioned above I received an email on Dec4,2014that indicated ccp received all my required application and then I created an account .I have not received any interview email yet. What should I do? Is it bad sign?

There could be a lot of things going on. Our admissions is working hard to get all the applications processed and sorted, so it's honestly hard to give you an answer since we're not on the committee. The hardest part is just waiting it out. If you're anxious, you could always give the admissions office a call for a status of your application. Since they did not send you a denial letter, I would say there is still hope!

hey where can i find the supplementals for this school?

I got accepted! For the Required Transcript (that shown in the accepted student checklist), It is not due by the deposit deadline, right? I read the admission requirement, it should be due two weeks before the 1st day of school, right? Thank you!

just got the invitation! only one possible interview date at 10/1

i thought they require supplemental application but email doesnt say anything

When did you submit your application? Yeah, I noticed on PharmCAS it didn't have a supplemental application requirement

check online.midwestern.edu
if you havent, maybe create an account and check your portal

For midwestern glendale, they have not send me anything. But i checked portal after i saw one person got interview invitation on sdn, so i checked my portal and it tells me to set up an interview date. I checked spam and everywhere, but have not gotten anything. I am so glad i checked the portal haha

Midwestern CCP sent me e-mail though, but you should always check their portal.

How soon should you make an account?

I got accepted! For the Required Transcript (that shown in the accepted student checklist), It is not due by the deposit deadline, right? I read the admission requirement, it should be due two weeks before the 1st day of school, right? Thank you!

You can send your transcript over the summer once it's finalized. Congratulations!

Anyone got an interview email so far? I don't know how fast they are after winter break?any ideas?

@greenspring, I submitted my app on 12/5th and got an interview invite on 12/17. My interview date is 2/11.

@paresh6022 How was your interview? I have mine next month and I dont know how to prepare for it.
Also, did you have to do the writing assessment?

To those that got accepted...which IL license did you apply for? Certified Pharm Tech, Pharm Tech, Student Pharmacist? What if you're already certified and licensed at the state that you're in, do we apply for Technician as stated in our email? Some P4 told me to apply for student pharmacist for our IPPE....

To those that got accepted...which IL license did you apply for? Certified Pharm Tech, Pharm Tech, Student Pharmacist? What if you're already certified and licensed at the state that you're in, do we apply for Technician as stated in our email? Some P4 told me to apply for student pharmacist for our IPPE....

You need to apply for a regular tech license. :) that's all you need right now. After you've been here they'll give you the information on getting the student license sometime in winter quarter (they still haven't given us that info yet). You will be fine on your first IPPE with the regular tech license. I suppose you could try for the certified one, but then IL would want your certificate from passing the exam and then also a pharmacist must sign off on it that you have completed the "on the job training" required to be certified. But honestly, I wouldn't mess with that hassle and just would get the regular tech license, since your certification will lapse anyways while you're at school, and the student license would trump it too.

You need to apply for a regular tech license. :) that's all you need right now. After you've been here they'll give you the information on getting the student license sometime in winter quarter (they still haven't given us that info yet). You will be fine on your first IPPE with the regular tech license. I suppose you could try for the certified one, but then IL would want your certificate from passing the exam and then also a pharmacist must sign off on it that you have completed the "on the job training" required to be certified. But honestly, I wouldn't mess with that hassle and just would get the regular tech license, since your certification will lapse anyways while you're at school, and the student license would trump it too.

Thanks for the fast reply! I'll just apply for regular...I don't want to get ahead of myself and mess it up.

Does anyone know what I should do to prepare for writing assessment?
What kind of questions do they ask during the interview?
It is my first interview and I am getting super nervous! Please help!

@paresh6022 How was your interview? I have mine next month and I dont know how to prepare for it.
Also, did you have to do the writing assessment?

Hey sorry for late reply. Interview was easy don't stress to much. Writing sample was easy too. Just practice the question from SDN. Good luck!

There could be a lot of things going on. Our admissions is working hard to get all the applications processed and sorted, so it's honestly hard to give you an answer since we're not on the committee. The hardest part is just waiting it out. If you're anxious, you could always give the admissions office a call for a status of your application. Since they did not send you a denial letter, I would say there is still hope!
thank you

I recently got accepted into Midwestern CCP and was looking at apartments close to campus in Downers Grove. I live in Indiana so I can't physically go look at apartments. However, searching online I saw that they are way to expensive even for 1 bed 1 bath! Any suggestions on where to look for housing? I am also open to roommates but since I don't live in the state, I don't know how that would work.

I recently got accepted into Midwestern CCP and was looking at apartments close to campus in Downers Grove. I live in Indiana so I can't physically go look at apartments. However, searching online I saw that they are way to expensive even for 1 bed 1 bath! Any suggestions on where to look for housing? I am also open to roommates but since I don't live in the state, I don't know how that would work.

Congratulations on your acceptance!! Most students found roommates through the facebook group, make sure to join it to find potential roommates and meet classmates. There are many apartments in the area, and there are definitely some that are affordable. Let me know if you need any help looking for a specific place!

Thank you so much! I tried searching for the Facebook page but I didn't find one. Do I have to wait until one is created or am I not searching right? It would be awesome if you could start me off with some affordable apartments that I could look at. Thanks! :)

Will courses from Summer 2015 be accepted or will it be too late?

What are questions did they ask for the writing part
I really wanna go here. Please help! thanks

Are there dorms?

Yes, there's dorms. I currently live in one! They also have one bedroom apartments on campus. I like the convenience of living on campus, but I'll be moving into an apartment with another classmate for next year.

Thank you so much! I tried searching for the Facebook page but I didn't find one. Do I have to wait until one is created or am I not searching right? It would be awesome if you could start me off with some affordable apartments that I could look at. Thanks! :)

A facebook group has already been created! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1573858529502432/

Also, a short list of popular apartments that most students stay at are Brookhill, Clover Creek, Versailles, Yorktown, City View at the Highlands, International Village... There are a few more in the area though!

Will courses from Summer 2015 be accepted or will it be too late?
Summer courses prior to matriculation are accepted. I would verify that the course fulfills the requirement though.

I was in the January 23rd interview, I think it was pretty nice. I enjoyed the tour a lot! Did anyone else get interviewed that day? What did you think of the school?

I was in the January 23rd interview, I think it was pretty nice. I enjoyed the tour a lot! Did anyone else get interviewed that day? What did you think of the school?
--

Last edited: