Midwestern CCP MCV 11/27

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rx22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so who was at midwestern ccp today (11/27) for the MCV?

Members don't see this ad.

someone was telling me that they might change the interview process for midwestern this year to a ONE ON ONE interview? has this happened yet?

how did the interview go and what did you guys do? i know a bunch of peopel already wrote but i think they're outdated (by a year) so i just want to know how people did that went to the incoming 2007 interviews

Don't forget to complete the interview feedback.....(interviews tab at the top):) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
someone was telling me that they might change the interview process for midwestern this year to a ONE ON ONE interview? has this happened yet?

how did the interview go and what did you guys do? i know a bunch of peopel already wrote but i think they're outdated (by a year) so i just want to know how people did that went to the incoming 2007 interviews

No one-on-one interview at Midwestern yet so relax. As a matter of fact i wouldn't use the word "interview" to describe my trip at Midwestern. You might be asked to introduce yourself to the group of other 10-11 students in a conference room, but youare not asked questions. IF anythiing you have to ask the questions. so JUST CHILL. I got accepted at Midwestern but I decided to pursue medicine afterall so I forfeited my seat. Good luck to you guys.

the MCV is very informal and just a way to get to know the school, faculty, and ask any questions you may have about the program. it's all down in a group process. however, you will have to write a timed essay, but the question is pretty straightforward and they give you enough time. i had an ethical question when i was there a few years ago.

i know UIC offers one-on-one interviews, but i wasn't even aware of CCP changing their interview format.

good luck!

I just found out this morning that I got in! Wendy called me. Anybody else hear yet?

I just found out this morning that I got in! Wendy called me. Anybody else hear yet?

Congratulations!
do you mind sharing your stats? i was at the MCV too and havent heard anything yet! Very nervous..

Sure. 95 PCAT and 3.96 GPA. Graduated with a BS in Economics and a BS in Justice Studies. About a year and a half of working as a pharm tech. Not much in the way of extracurriculars.
Who did you have for the group session? I had Giometti....
Good luck!

Sure. 95 PCAT and 3.96 GPA. Graduated with a BS in Economics and a BS in Justice Studies. About a year and a half of working as a pharm tech. Not much in the way of extracurriculars.
Who did you have for the group session? I had Giometti....
Good luck!

i had the person in charge of the rotations..forgot his name already.. are you planning on going to Midwestern? I really wonder why they call some people and others are contacted through mail..just making me more anxious!!

i also got called on 12/5 by wendy to let me know that I got in. I had the professor in charge of rotations for the group part of the day, I also cannot remember his name. I am curious to see how many people from our MCV were accepted?

Dean Avery Spunt :)

I know you attend Midwestern right now..do you know why some people are contacted via phone and others through mail? im really really nervous now

I know you attend Midwestern right now..do you know why some people are contacted via phone and others through mail? im really really nervous now

I really don't know. When I applied (for fall of 2004) everyone was contacted through mail. I didn't even know they called people, other then those who were taken off the waiting list, until I read it on this forum. It does seem very strange.

Don't be nervous, they are very good at responding to people. They might be holding your app until the next admission cycle which will probably be sometime next week after the next MCV.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a letter today saying that I was placed on the alternate list. I'm pretty bummed out about that because I thought I had good enough stats to get in (3.8 GPA, 87 PCAT). Anyways, does anybody know how many people get selected off of the alternate list and when they notify you? Also, I recently got my second PCAT score and got a 96 on that. How will they use that score in evaluating my application?

I received a letter today saying that I was placed on the alternate list. I'm pretty bummed out about that because I thought I had good enough stats to get in (3.8 GPA, 87 PCAT). Anyways, does anybody know how many people get selected off of the alternate list and when they notify you? Also, I recently got my second PCAT score and got a 96 on that. How will they use that score in evaluating my application?

Your stats are very good. I am surprised that you were placed on the alternate list. How did you do at MCV/essay?

They select a good number of students off the alternate list (about 35) and can notify you at any time. I know one guy who got in a day before orientation in September. I would make sure to send in the updated PCAT score. They reevaluate the students on the alternate list as a spot in the class becomes available. I know they call the alternates periodically to see if they are still interested.

They select a good number of students off the alternate list (about 35) and can notify you at any time. I know one guy who got in a day before orientation in September. I would make sure to send in the updated PCAT score. They reevaluate the students on the alternate list as a spot in the class becomes available. I know they call the alternates periodically to see if they are still interested.
Thanks for the info KARM12. Do I need to send them my new PCAT score or will they receive it from PharmCAS? I called admissions a day after I got my score and they said it was too early for them to receive it so I don't know if I should wait for PharmCAS or send it myself. Do you know how much they look at the organic grade when applying? The reason I ask is because I'm taking it this semester and that was reflected in my June PCAT where I got a 60 in chem. I'm getting an A in organic now and raised my chem PCAT score to a 95 so I don't know if that will help. Thanks again!

Your stats are very good. I am surprised that you were placed on the alternate list. How did you do at MCV/essay?

I thought the MCV/essay was fine, I thought I wrote a good response and I was involved in the discussion section. I also have a degree, and pharm tech experience. Oh well. Now the waiting process begins...

yeah i am really surprised u got placed on the alternate list.. i still havent heard anything and after reading ur stats, im not very optimistic :( and i mean even with the tech experience and all..makes u wonder what they want!

Woooow....rxrxrx....after listening to your story....I am very very very very worried!!!:scared: :scared: :scared:

to all of those that have been accepted during 11/27 MCV or before..did you check ur interactive account? did that change as mentioned in previous posts? or does it still say the application complete or applied? just wondering coz iam really reallly nervous!!!

so what's the best thing about MWU-CCP? Is it very difficult to get into the school?