Midwestern Ccp Mcv

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ms.terious

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this has already been brought up... but since it's later in the game... I had a question for those who have already been accepted, waitlisted, or deferred... if you don't mind, I much appreciate it!

I just received my MCV letter, I am going Feb.6... I was wondering if this means that I am in the running or... fat chance? Because another thread said that the seats are going to be gone by March :( and my scores and grades aren't nearly as impressive as those listed before...

GPA: 3.57
PCAT: 61, 79
lots of xtra curr activities
strong essays
no degree no experience... but my cousin who's graduating now said the experience doesn't matter...
good rec letters

is anyone else going this day? aaaaaah! I'm freaking out from the stress... I was so happy for the letter, but I feel I am going to be rejected.

Members don't see this ad.

COngradulations to you and good luck with your visit. I am also applying, but I am still not hearing anything from them, which makes me so nervous. Do you mind my asking when they've received everything? when did the "interact now" thing shows everything has been received? Thank you very much for any of your input.

ms.terious said:
I know this has already been brought up... but since it's later in the game... I had a question for those who have already been accepted, waitlisted, or deferred... if you don't mind, I much appreciate it!

I just received my MCV letter, I am going Feb.6... I was wondering if this means that I am in the running or... fat chance? Because another thread said that the seats are going to be gone by March :( and my scores and grades aren't nearly as impressive as those listed before...

strong essays
no degree no experience... but my cousin who's graduating now said the experience doesn't matter...
good rec letters

is anyone else going this day? aaaaaah! I'm freaking out from the stress... I was so happy for the letter, but I feel I am going to be rejected.

I'm going to the MCV on Feb 13th... but I realized that I should go to the one on Feb 6th!!! However, everything is set now so I can't change.

Anyways, talk about PCAT and GPA... you have higher number than mine on both! :) (I have 72 on PCAT and 3.1 GPA) So don't worry too much, when you are in the MCV, just do well on the writing sample and make sure people there like you, and yes they do look at your communication skill. Good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
cherryturnover said:
So don't worry too much, when you are in the MCV, just do well on the writing sample and make sure people there like you, and yes they do look at your communication skill. Good luck! :luck:

I went to the MCV on January 23rd and I have heard others on this board say they take note of your speaking verbal communication skills, but this just can't be true. There is a room full of 30 nervous, dressed up kids and no one knows anyone else's name. So, they don't make note of what Suzie asks or if Tom was wearing a matching jacket and pants. Wendy, and admissions counselor, very plainly states that all that is left to affect your application is the live writing sample that you do that day. Think about it, these folks at Midwestern are looking at 30, or so applications every two weeks for at least 5 months. They probably get asked very similiar questions with every new group that they have in that room.

My advice for those of you going to a MCV...
Be Polite
Pay Attention
Do your Best on the Writing Sample
and Don't Be Nervous.

That is what I did and I will let you know in about two weeks if it paid off.

Chris

ms.terious said:

strong essays
good rec letters

I had the same anxiety as you....because my stats were much lower than yours (but I have a BS degree). When I went to the MCV, I was ready to be rejected. I did my best on the writing sample and asked questions that mattered to me. I was fortunate to be in a group where the faculty member wasn't taking notes and people in my group didn't show their name (we were given a piece of paper to write our name in large letters to show everyone else). Thus, we were pretty much anonymous to her. The interactive group meeting was relaxed. Three days later, I was offered an acceptance!

Make sure your communications skills are strong, especially in writing. I don't know if the way you respond to the prompt will affect your admission...
Also, make sure to ask questions, but I don't know how much of the interactive group will have an effect on your admission.

Good luck! :luck:

freshbeatschris said:
I went to the MCV on January 23rd and I have heard others on this board say they take note of your speaking verbal communication skills, but this just can't be true. There is a room full of 30 nervous, dressed up kids and no one knows anyone else's name. So, they don't make note of what Suzie asks or if Tom was wearing a matching jacket and pants. Wendy, and admissions counselor, very plainly states that all that is left to affect your application is the live writing sample that you do that day. Think about it, these folks at Midwestern are looking at 30, or so applications every two weeks for at least 5 months. They probably get asked very similiar questions with every new group that they have in that room.

My advice for those of you going to a MCV...
Be Polite
Pay Attention
Do your Best on the Writing Sample
and Don't Be Nervous.

That is what I did and I will let you know in about two weeks if it paid off.

Chris

You are right. Writing sample and the application are the major thing that they are looking at.

However, in my case, writing skill is one of the weak points of mine because English is not my first language :( Therefore, I am not sure if I can do "my best" on it because there always will be some grammatical errors... I guess I should bring a pencil rather than a pen to write? Just in case if I need to erase or correct something in the writing sample.

Do you guys mind if I ask what question(s) did they asked on the writing sample?

Thanks~

cherryturnover said:
You are right. Writing sample and the application are the major thing that they are looking at.

However, in my case, writing skill is one of the weak points of mine because English is not my first language :( Therefore, I am not sure if I can do "my best" on it because there always will be some grammatical errors... I guess I should bring a pencil rather than a pen to write? Just in case if I need to erase or correct something in the writing sample.

Do you guys mind if I ask what question(s) did they asked on the writing sample?

Thanks~

Hey you... Don't get discouraged so soon..English is not my first language either but I was able to write something decent. I guess as long as you make sense and answer what they are asking, you'll be fine.
As for writing with a pencil, I would double check if that's ok. If not, bring a erasable pen with you (that's what I did)... If you have more questions, PM me! Good luck!

cherryturnover said:

Thanks~

The question I was asked was somthing along the lines of "If a classmate of yours was habitually missing class and asking for notes everyday, how would you handle the situation?" (paraphrased)

I wrote in pen and just crossed out my mistakes.

Chris

freshbeatschris said:
The question I was asked was somthing along the lines of "If a classmate of yours was habitually missing class and asking for notes everyday, how would you handle the situation?" (paraphrased)

I wrote in pen and just crossed out my mistakes.

Chris

thanks everybody for the responses... i am still unconfident but hopefully midwestern has a merciful admissions committee... thank you for your help and input!

As for cherryturnover... or i forgot but somebody asked about when i turned in stuff. i had everything in by december 23rd and my letter came like... five days ago... so it took a while because of the holiday season.
good luck!

ms.terious said:
thanks everybody for the responses... i am still unconfident but hopefully midwestern has a merciful admissions committee... thank you for your help and input!

As for cherryturnover... or i forgot but somebody asked about when i turned in stuff. i had everything in by december 23rd and my letter came like... five days ago... so it took a while because of the holiday season.
good luck!

Thank you so much for your info. their system showed that they had everthing about two weeks ago, so... I am so worried since it is so late already/

wish you the best luck on your visit.

linyliny88 said:
Thank you so much for your info. their system showed that they had everthing about two weeks ago, so... I am so worried since it is so late already/

wish you the best luck on your visit.

Linyliny and ms.terious and myself will all be skipping around Midwestern's campus in our white coats together come August!!! :D We will all be fully vaccinated against a plethora of diseases :eek: and we will have outrageously expensive health insurance (see other thread) :p and we will all be insanely happy because we all will have been ACCEPTED!!!! :) :)

You both are going to do just fine!
I wish I could take your nervousness away for you.

Chris

freshbeatschris said:
Linyliny and ms.terious and myself will all be skipping around Midwestern's campus in our white coats together come August!!! :D We will all be fully vaccinated against a plethora of diseases :eek: and we will have outrageously expensive health insurance (see other thread) :p and we will all be insanely happy because we all will have been ACCEPTED!!!! :) :)

Chris

Congrats to all!!! :D I'll see you there!

wow, it's refreshing to see some optimism... =D i'm sure you will all do well! I hope I do well too!

freshbeatschris said:

Chris

Thank you so much. It is so nice of you. I hope to see all of you guys in Aug. :)

Thanks Chichan and Chris! The topic of the writing sample was actually something I often encountered back in high school :mad: haha..

I guess I'll just being both pencil and pen.

Good luck for all of you guys (and me) who are still waiting and congrats for those of you guys got accepted! :)