Midwestern CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if you already interviewed...and people from your interview date have been accepted...then more than likely that means you may be placed on the alternate. that is what happened to me...and then a few days later, i recieved a letter in the mail saying i was on the alternate.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know approximately how full the incoming class is currently?

if you already interviewed...and people from your interview date have been accepted...then more than likely that means you may be placed on the alternate. that is what happened to me...and then a few days later, i recieved a letter in the mail saying i was on the alternate.

Nope that day is yet to come..not interviewed yet...:mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I never got that e-mail that was posted in here about Midwestern CCP no longer offering in-state tuition to IL residents.

I got a letter the other day.....waitlisted

for those who are still waiting i wish you guys the best of luck! i know how it feels to be waitlisted so you're not alone ^_^

and for those will lower credentials i just recently got accepted with a cumulative gpa of 3.17 and composite PCAT of 69 so dont lose hope!!:thumbup:

for those who are still waiting i wish you guys the best of luck! i know how it feels to be waitlisted so you're not alone ^_^

and for those will lower credentials i just recently got accepted with a cumulative gpa of 3.17 and composite PCAT of 69 so dont lose hope!!:thumbup:

Congratulations!!

It appears that the online portal got a design and layout upgrade

For those who are pulled from the waitlist in late summer,

what are the chances at landing a spot in the school dorms?

Or would we have to find housing elsewhere?

You can get housing in their older dorms. They are cheaper and bigger than the new ones. I know this because my friend is a P1 student living in the first floor of her dorm, but there are like three other students aside from her that live on the same floor. There are a lot of empty rooms, so if you can get over the initial scariness, then you'll be good to go. ;)

You can get housing in their older dorms. They are cheaper and bigger than the new ones. I know this because my friend is a P1 student living in the first floor of her dorm, but there are like three other students aside from her that live on the same floor. There are a lot of empty rooms, so if you can get over the initial scariness, then you'll be good to go. ;)

ha, whats wrong with them?

are they filthy, or something???

They are actually very clean and well kept. They are just old...I do believe they are revamping them sometime in the near future.

My young female friend thinks it gets too quiet on her wing since there are only three other students. Just the idea of all those empty rooms is a little mind grating

Members don't see this ad :)
The problem with the older buildings is that they don't have airconditioning (well that is what it says). Do they have heaters though?

The problem with the older buildings is that they don't have airconditioning (well that is what it says). Do they have heaters though?
I've stayed in the older dorms for three days and it is well insulated. You will DEFINITELY not want an AC since it starts to get cold in the Midwest around Octoberish. It won't start getting warmer until April (still need a light jacket), and it gets a little better in May. Summers are a bitch though.

anyone going here this fall gonna be living near Naperville? cuz that's where i'm staying instead of dorming on campus and i think it's gonna get lonely lol

Does anyone know if a BS degree is required for admission?

only one more week until the interview :scared::scared::scared::xf::xf::sleep:

I'm wondering how much ahead of time should I be on the campus (at the entrance) before the interview appointment..? 4 p.m. 6:30 p.m.

I'm wondering how much ahead of time should I be on the campus (at the entrance) before the interview appointment..? 4 p.m. 6:30 p.m.

oh man... your posts are intense... you have to relax otherwise you'll **** your pants before you get to the door

if you're nervous, you'll look nervous, sound nervous and appear less confident... just walk in there like you own the place - be talkative and social... they notice that type of stuff

4 or 6:30pm...as in the evening before the interview day?

thanks for the tip micko :D
4-6:30 p.m. is my appointment time.
:cool::cool::cool:<= that's a better attitude lol

Oh sorry, I just realized that you applied as a Dual Acceptance program applicant.

Did everyone else get the "Chicago College of Pharmacy - Alternate List" email?

It's okay to apply for federal financial aid at two different schools, right? If MWU offers me a financial aid package, I can always decline it, yes?

It's okay to apply for federal financial aid at two different schools, right? If MWU offers me a financial aid package, I can always decline it, yes?

You are correct.

Did everyone else get the "Chicago College of Pharmacy - Alternate List" email?

Yes. I thought for a moment they were pulling me from the alternate list. Oh well, maybe next time...

i thought the exact same thing...my heart started to race..and i was thinking "finallllyyyy my turn is here"

not quite my turn!

Yes. I thought for a moment they were pulling me from the alternate list. Oh well, maybe next time...

im bout to ***** myself out on the street to be able to pay the $1000 deposit -_____-
i shall be known as the man-gina from SoCal

did anyone hear anything from friday march 13 interview? i know it hasnt been that long..but just curious. also, anyone has any idea when the adcoms meet? thanks for your response :)

Just had my interview, finally!!!!!!!
I am feeling :D:D:D:xf::xf::xf:...
The Interview Feedback section of SDN helped me ALOT ALOT ALOT. I prepared for all the possible questions, and they asked me exactly those.

Now just have to wait for the decisions... but I am hopeful.

Just had my interview, finally!!!!!!!
I am feeling :D:D:D:xf::xf::xf:...
The Interview Feedback section of SDN helped me ALOT ALOT ALOT. I prepared for all the possible questions, and they asked me exactly those.

Now just have to wait for the decisions... but I am hopeful.
anyone from recent interview dates know when the admissions committee will meet?
i am getting an ulcer from waiting...

oh yeah, thx for posting interview feedbacks, they do help a lot!

my guess is they meet at the end of this month and we'll hear by 2nd week of april

damn... that's a long wait.
this is torture..

I just got an interview invite. Not sure if I will accept since I got into UB. Also I hav an interview for lecom-Erie. They have an April 10th interview date available only, it seems.

same here... same here...:smuggrin:
I need to get distracted by something.

how did your interview go?
mine went extremely well, and my interviewers loved me, but I thought the same thing about UB and I got waitlisted there!:p

yeah, you can tell i'm freakin' out since i'm posting during the middle of the day, when i should be studying or working! lol.
the suspense is killin' me. if i ever become an adcom, i'll push for faster results! UB was awesome about it. within 1 week. they told me the next business day! good luck to you! and to me as well!:D

I just got an interview invite. Not sure if I will accept since I got into UB. Also I hav an interview for lecom-Erie. They have an April 10th interview date available only, it seems.

i am so jealous of you right now... :p
i would be jumping up and down for getting into UB...:love:

congrats!

i am so jealous of you right now... :p
i would be jumping up and down for getting into UB...:love:

congrats!

I am so greatful for my family and pharmacists who helped me along the way. I still haven't told my favorite pharmacist yet so when I work with him on Friday I get to tell him :laugh:

how did your interview go?
mine went extremely well, and my interviewers loved me, but I thought the same thing about UB and I got waitlisted there!:p

yeah, you can tell i'm freakin' out since i'm posting during the middle of the day, when i should be studying or working! lol.
the suspense is killin' me. if i ever become an adcom, i'll push for faster results! UB was awesome about it. within 1 week. they told me the next business day! good luck to you! and to me as well!:D

lol, you are making me nervous now :D. I have the feeling that my interviewers love me too.

Well, mine was a group interview lead by one male and one female faculty. I answered all the questions to the best of my ability. I was really ecstatic that I already prepped for all five of those (lucky me!). I am just a bit worried about my English. When I got nervous, I tend to swallow my words and my accent became heavier:cool:.

I tried to make good eye contact but both of them seem to be scribbling most of the time. I see a lot of check boxes and blank lines on their evaluation sheet... made me kind of tipsy.

So joya, are you from Illinois? :)

I am so greatful for my family and pharmacists who helped me along the way. I still haven't told my favorite pharmacist yet so when I work with him on Friday I get to tell him :laugh:

yup. it's nice that you're not forgetting the people that have helped you on the way.
hopefully i'll see you at ub.;)
have fun celebrating!

lol, you are making me nervous now :D. I have the feeling that my interviewers love me too.

So joya, are you from Illinois? :)

No. i wish i was from illinois, that way, maybe i had a chance with UIC :p
but i'm from CT and UCONN doesn't accept students with degrees into their pharmd program. but i don't want to go to that school anyway. seriously, i've seen cows along the way to the school campus!

about the interview at CCP, i actually really enjoyed the whole process.
i thought i would hate the group interview, but when i sat down, i realized that other ppl were just as nervous as me and so i just took control and answered the first question first out of the group and it went smoothly from there. i did stumble on a question, an easy question, "what qualities would you look for in a mentor?" but i answered others well and i asked some intelligent questions and they loved me!

i was a little bummed about the cost, but then i realized that it's not so high for a private school and i have a favorite cousin there so i'm looking forward to living in IL.

but don't worry about the accent thing. i think that if you spoke well and clearly and answered the interviewers' questions intelligently, you'll be fine. let's just hope that they'll notify us soon so that we can relax or cry or whatever. lol.

good luck to you & keep posting! it makes the time go faster!:laugh:

No. i wish i was from illinois, that way, maybe i had a chance with UIC :p

good luck to you & keep posting! it makes the time go faster!:laugh:

I just realized that I asked a redundant question when I spot "Location: CT, surrounded by trees..." :laugh: :oops:

wow, cows huh? sounds interesting... I would want to go there and befriended one cow or two. that's a bit crazy that they don't accept students with degrees though, I thought that having a degree means that you have a better chance of being admitted than people without one. :confused:

Anyways, I don't want to sound like the interviewers, but I"m just curious...why pharmacy for you, joya?:)

Anyways, I don't want to sound like the interviewers, but I"m just curious...why pharmacy for you, joya?:)

i think uconn will start to accept non-uconn students starting from next year.

hmm, why Rx? in the beginning, i just wanted a career change. i loved my job in corporate, but the more i thought about my future,... i don't know, i just felt it wasn't me. at the time, i was thinking about going back to school for an mba, but i heard about how there aren't enough pharmacists so i decided to give it a try. i quit my job, moved to CT (where my parents live) and started taking science courses and somehow, my gpa was higher than my undergrad years, so here i am! but i bombed the pcat and i just feel lucky to have gotten 4 interview offers so far! but basically, i fell in love with Rx after i began to pursue it. i know it sounds corny, but i really feel like i found my calling. i've never been happier in my life, being in a constant learning environment, being broke, going to school, and being yelled at by patients at walgreens. :D

what about u, MWUhopeful?
u're from IL or from AZ? just guessing by your name.
did u apply to other schools?

I'm marveled at your life's story:). Corporate sounds cool. That's really great that you found that pharmacy is your calling.

"u're from IL or from AZ? just guessing by your name.
did u apply to other schools?"

I am from Chicago, IL and I did not apply to any other schools. I am still a high school senior. I just hope to get an early assurance seat from MWU so I could go directly there after two years of undergraduate work at Loyola. I can't stand going through another application process:scared: (I did a lot of college apps this year and it felt like I am riding an emotional roller coaster with few acceptances and so many rejections).

I wanted to do pharmacy because of the job stability and great salary. yeah, I wish I had your reasons for Rx...:)

i have always always always wanted to say this on sdn..

IM iN!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: