Midwestern CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone,
I am currently attending a community college and I have 8 more classes to take in order to finish the pre-pharm program. Unfortunately my GPA is going lower and lower and very soon I need to start preparing myself for the PCAT, but I don't even know where to start from. I also need to take a pharmacy tech certificate, so I need to study for this test too. Can anyone tell me what is the right thing to do first. I am overwhelmed with my full-time job and my school, but I still need to study harder. What should I do- study for the PCAT first or for the certificate, or maybe work on my GPA?
Also, I am planning to transfer so do I still have to be interviewed, or they just transfer me??? I am absolutely lost!!!
Any kind of help will be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the process of filling out housing... I kind of don't want to stay in the traditional dorms because i've already stayed there with a friend, and quite frankly, they were kind of dated and old. What's the difference between Redwood 1 and Redwood 2?

Members don't see this ad :)
to those still patiently waiting for that acceptance letter from mwu, I've accidently found a way to find out if you're In, other than via snail mail. If you log in to online.Midwestern.edu, the same website you had to go to to schedule your interview, if you've been accepted, you should see all the pertinent information in the links under "post accepted". this used to be empty. hope that alleviates some of the stress of waiting! and hope you guys find good news. I've been accepted, but will be declining mwu for uic. btw, I interviewed 4/10 and just found this today. have not gotten the "official" letter though. That I know of.

Last edited:
I'm in the process of filling out housing... I kind of don't want to stay in the traditional dorms because i've already stayed there with a friend, and quite frankly, they were kind of dated and old. What's the difference between Redwood 1 and Redwood 2?

Redwood 2 is newer (built in like 2005)...the rooms are basically the same size and everything. Redwood 1 and 2 are also attached.

I will be declining my seat to attend CSU, so good luck to those waiting:thumbup:!

Has anyone received their financial aid letter award yet?

Also, are there any low cost clinics in the area that will do the immunizations/titers for people with no health insurance?

What is everyone's reason for denying CCP? I thought it's a decent school.

I guess this is a good thing for me, especially if I am placed on the alternate list. :smuggrin: Well, CCP is one of my top choices and I just can't wait to get pulled off from the list!

Has anyone received their financial aid letter award yet?

Also, are there any low cost clinics in the area that will do the immunizations/titers for people with no health insurance?

I was told that depending on when you finished filling everything out - you should expect to see an award letter at the end of May or early June. I'm feeling a bit over-anxious myself and would like to feel secure that all my financial affairs are in order... oh well, more waiting.

They recently pubilshed the 09/10 tuition rates online - $29,835... ouch :scared:

I was told that depending on when you finished filling everything out - you should expect to see an award letter at the end of May or early June. I'm feeling a bit over-anxious myself and would like to feel secure that all my financial affairs are in order... oh well, more waiting.

They recently pubilshed the 09/10 tuition rates online - $29,835... ouch :scared:

IN 4 years, you will own $120k without interests. Remember, some of the loan will charge you interests every year while you are in school.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long do interviews run at this school? I just got one for MAY 20th! So late...

How long do interviews run at this school? I just got one for MAY 20th! So late...
Good luck with your interview! I gave up my spot at Wayne... maybe they will pull you out of the waiting list?

did you guys get on campus housing? i did but i barely saw the email! it said i had to respond by 4pm and i responded at 7pm :( i hope they don't take my spot away!

Good luck with your interview! I gave up my spot at Wayne... maybe they will pull you out of the waiting list?

Thanks! I really hope so too...good luck at MWU!

I called Michael today...he's like "i have no idea when you'll hear back"...they're sooo not helpful! He also said the admissions committee will meet mid may and look at winter grades and figure it out from there..i really wonder how many seats are actually open though..

to those still patiently waiting for that acceptance letter from mwu, I've accidently found a way to find out if you're In, other than via snail mail. If you log in to online.Midwestern.edu, the same website you had to go to to schedule your interview, if you've been accepted, you should see all the pertinent information in the links under "post accepted". this used to be empty. hope that alleviates some of the stress of waiting! and hope you guys find good news. I've been accepted, but will be declining mwu for uic. btw, I interviewed 4/10 and just found this today. have not gotten the "official" letter though. That I know of.

i found out that way too! i hope its not some random glitch in the computer. Still can't wait for that official letter to come in the mail though :)
and congratulations on getting into uic! you'll be saving lots of $$$ which i think is the biggest downside to MWU

Hi,

I wondering if someone could tell me if out of state tuition is $60,000/year?

Somebody told me if you are out of state that is what it is. This person went to the interview there too.

However the website says $29,000. Does that include room and board?

I went to private college for undergrade and everyone paid the same no matter what state you were from.

Just doesn't seem right.

Thanks!

Hi,

Somebody told me if you are out of state that is what it is. This person went to the interview there too.

I went to private college for undergrade and everyone paid the same no matter what state you were from.

Just doesn't seem right.

Thanks!

The "somebody" you talked to is a *****. You are right on the tuition for next year. There used to be a small discount on tuition if you were from Illinois but that no longer is the case. Everyone will pay the same tuition next year (about 29k).

Hi,

Just doesn't seem right.

Thanks!

$29,000 is the cost for both in state and out of state. It does not include room and board. The school estimates about $50,000 per year for tuition and living expenses, but that number can be decreased considerably with the right kind of budgeting.

Hello everyone,
I am currently attending a community college and I have 8 more classes to take in order to finish the pre-pharm program. Unfortunately my GPA is going lower and lower and very soon I need to start preparing myself for the PCAT, but I don't even know where to start from. I also need to take a pharmacy tech certificate, so I need to study for this test too. Can anyone tell me what is the right thing to do first. I am overwhelmed with my full-time job and my school, but I still need to study harder. What should I do- study for the PCAT first or for the certificate, or maybe work on my GPA?
Also, I am planning to transfer so do I still have to be interviewed, or they just transfer me??? I am absolutely lost!!!
Any kind of help will be appreciated!

You need to be interviewed. I would also advice you to keep up your GPA

For anyone who do not want to go to Midwestern as their school, did you decline your spot ?

Check your interact, I was just pulled of from the waitlist today. Now I am deciding which one I should go to because both are great schools. Any one has any advice? I am leaning towards UIC tough because its ranked top 10 in the nation and has a much cheaper tuition. Good luck for the rest of the applicants.

Check your interact, I was just pulled of from the waitlist today. Now I am deciding which one I should go to because both are great schools. Any one has any advice? I am leaning towards UIC tough because its ranked top 10 in the nation and has a much cheaper tuition. Good luck for the rest of the applicants.

Congrats on getting into both MW and UIC! When did you interview @ MW? I'm still on the waiting list and I interviewed Apil 7th

What is there to decide then....sounds cut and dry to me.

i interviewed way back in october and was placed on the alternate list. The reason I am still deciding is because I want to hear real input from current students and or students who will be going there. I know UIC is ranked top 10 however, I also believe that there is more to a school than just ranks.

How long have you been waiting? Did they call you? What do you think the chances are of getting pulled off the alternate list?

hopefully this will boost some people's hopes...

i know a lot of UIC accepted students who are holding their seat at midwestern until UIC officially hands them a physical accepted letter or something in the mail actually comes in and i mean ANYTHING. sadly UIC's students services isnt the best and they havent sent us accepted students anything yet (besides the acceptance email) and it's been so long since all of us have been accepted too.

so for those on the waitlist at Midwestern CCP, dont lose hope yet... i still have to give up my seat (and i know 2 others directly who are doing what im doing), but i wont do it until UIC sends me something in the mail and hopefully that happens soon because honestly i hate the fact that i'm stopping someone from being accepted and having the joy of being accepted.

sorry to those who are still waiting because of us UIC accepted students who are holding seats, but understand that it's a precationary measure (mostly because my parents are beyond paranoid) that i can not afford not to do.

goodluck to everyone!

hopefully this will boost some people's hopes...

i know a lot of UIC accepted students who are holding their seat at midwestern until UIC officially hands them a physical accepted letter or something in the mail actually comes in and i mean ANYTHING. sadly UIC's students services isnt the best and they havent sent us accepted students anything yet (besides the acceptance email) and it's been so long since all of us have been accepted too.

so for those on the waitlist at Midwestern CCP, dont lose hope yet... i still have to give up my seat (and i know 2 others directly who are doing what im doing), but i wont do it until UIC sends me something in the mail and hopefully that happens soon because honestly i hate the fact that i'm stopping someone from being accepted and having the joy of being accepted.

sorry to those who are still waiting because of us UIC accepted students who are holding seats, but understand that it's a precationary measure (mostly because my parents are beyond paranoid) that i can not afford not to do.

goodluck to everyone!

I was waiting for the same thing...but if ur already a UIC student, its already posted on our accounts that we are in the pharmacy program. Therefore, I JUST gave up my midwestern seat (like literally 5 mins ago), so good luck to anyone that is on the waitlist. For those of you that have declined...how do I get my $100 back? LOL! Just write a letter to the admissions office? I declined before re-reading the statement (stupid me) so if anyone can give me details that would be GREAT!

did anyone get their financial aid statement? i did, and im going a little :eek:

Does anyone know where they are with acceptance seats/pulling people off the waitlist. I was invited for an interview next week, and not sure if I want to attend anymore. I was accepted to two other schools, and I would really like to attend school in Chicago but with the high tuition and high cost of living.. Im not sure if I should add that to the mix of trying to figure out where to go. Any advice? Great School/location worth the extra tuition... or so-so school and just as fine as another one? Why are you picking CCP over another school or vice versa?

How did you get it? Through our MWUmail? I still haven't received anything..

yah through mwumail, they'll send u an email telling you your Aid has been processed; you can check you award on your Portal though.

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif] I am an accepted student at Midwestern University CCP - looking for male
students interested in renting in the Lombard area to save money.
Previously attended University of Wisconsin-Madison. Shoot me an email ([email protected]) if interested

Thanks

Hallelujah praise Jeebus!!!! i finally got accepted from the waitlist. Thank you to all UIC matriculants who withdrew their applications from MWU. Haha, I'm not sure, but i have a sneaking suspicion that I was placed on the waitlist in the first place because at the interview, when they asked what we would do with our first paycheck after becoming a pharmacist, the other interviewees said stuff like "Give it to my parents/family" or "Donate it to the church/a charity," I said "Buy a corvette." me thinky they no likey.

Hallelujah praise Jeebus!!!! i finally got accepted from the waitlist. Thank you to all UIC matriculants who withdrew their applications from MWU. Haha, I'm not sure, but i have a sneaking suspicion that I was placed on the waitlist in the first place because at the interview, when they asked what we would do with our first paycheck after becoming a pharmacist, the other interviewees said stuff like "Give it to my parents/family" or "Donate it to the church/a charity," I said "Buy a corvette." me thinky they no likey.

Damn, they didn't give me a question like that! "Donate it to the church/a charity,"....my ass. That screams BS...lol. Least your answer was truthful.... albeit a little ambitious.

Damn, they didn't give me a question like that! "Donate it to the church/a charity,"....my ass. That screams BS...lol. Least your answer was truthful.... albeit a little ambitious.

Well, you know. probably more like save it up so i can make a down payment on a corvette in 18 months or something. But that doesn't sound as awesome. And aw man I know!!! The whole time in my mind while they were giving those answers I was screaming "BS!!! BS I tell you!! Please, interviewer lady, accept my answer because it's true, and because i'm not being a butt-kisser! Don't believe the lies!! You're better than that!"

lol, who in the right mind would donate their first paycheck.
The best answer would be to start paying off those 100k+ stafford loans.

"The best answer would be to start paying off those 100k+ stafford loans."

That's what I plan on doing...for sure!

lol, who in the right mind would donate their first paycheck.
The best answer would be to start paying off those 100k+ stafford loans.

Oh totally! But I guess I forgot to mention that they excluded that response in the first part of the question. Clearly the corvette would be number two behind that lol

Ahh, I just found out that one of my friends has recently gotten rejected after being placed on the alternate list. I didn't even think that they would do this, even though it seems like many people are placed on the alternate list and that they somehow must shrink the list a bit. I called them earlier regarding my ranking on the list, but they won't give you anything except that they can call us anytime between now and September.

Ahh, I just found out that one of my friends has recently gotten rejected after being placed on the alternate list. I didn't even think that they would do this, even though it seems like many people are placed on the alternate list and that they somehow must shrink the list a bit. I called them earlier regarding my ranking on the list, but they won't give you anything except that they can call us anytime between now and September.

How did your friend find out about the rejection? Via phone call?

How did your friend find out about the rejection? Via phone call?

It was a hard copy letter dated on 5/29. I received an email on 5/29 regarding being on the alternate list, so I think I made the cut. But who knows, they might shrink the list even further throughout summer.

It was a hard copy letter dated on 5/29. I received an email on 5/29 regarding being on the alternate list, so I think I made the cut. But who knows, they might shrink the list even further throughout summer.

Yea, I got a friend who got that. I wonder if we are talking about the same person, hehe. I was hoping that he gets in so we, UCSD, kids can stick together at Midwestern. Well, at least he got into Shenadoah, I'm happy for him. Good luck to those people who are still on the waitlist. The feelings are indescrible! I've been there. Good luck guys!