Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you verify if the email came from Glendale or Downer's Grove?
Thanks.
Yes. It was sent from the admissions office at Downers Grove.
Last edited:
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Can you verify if the email came from Glendale or Downer's Grove?
Thanks.
Random question, I just was offered an interview and I am trying to get my travel plans together... If I arrive the night before and catch a shuttle from the hotel to campus, will I have a place to put my luggage during the visit???
hey cinnamon you're going to hawaii interivew on the 5th too? I'll be in vegas for that interview also. Except that I had to schedule touro on the same day.. so I don't know if I'll be making it out to vegas after all. If I do, see you there!
I'm from the Chicago area, and have not received a letter.

Just like American Idol!I have an idea. Instead of making everyone wait, there is another option.
At the end of the interview day, the admission committee should take a few hours to make a decision. Then after that, they should call of the students in, at around 8:00 P.M.
And then the admissions committee divides the room into three groups: the rejections, the wait-lists, and the acceptances. The faculty visits each of these rooms and tells everyone the news on the same day!! How about that?Just like American Idol!
Or about like the international piano competitions? They should have the committee come out (make a long speech about how difficult the decision is!), and then announce the rejections first, the waitlists next, and the remaining people not announced are the ones that are accepted!! And everyone sits in a large auditorium as they do this!! A lot of people, of course, are crushed after the announcement (and I have been crushed too several times!), but that is the way it is, I guess.
thanks 
My status hasn't changed, so should I be expecting the worst?
What a bummer. I really wanted to go to CCP too.
I just got accepted through my portal also!



If your status didn't change, then most likely you have been waitlisted or rejected. The online portal will notify you first before letters are sent.
Are you sure? I emailed the admissions office a few days ago, and they said they had sent out letters in the past couple of days.

It's a long shot...but I wonder if they are slowly putting up the acceptances over the portal.
The reason that comes to mind is because over in the glendale thread, it seems that some people are finding out a few days apart from each other.
I have yet to see a status change, but congratulations to those who have received an acceptance.
Hopefully this year, many more of us will be able to experience that moment.![]()
I had just received my letter in the mail! Well, they placed me on the alternate list. They said they do not rank the list and if my status changes at any point in time they will contact me as quickly as possible.
Sorry to hear that. I think i will be in the same situation even though I have not checked mail yet.I had just received my letter in the mail! Well, they placed me on the alternate list. They said they do not rank the list and if my status changes at any point in time they will contact me as quickly as possible.
Why have I not received a letter when I live in Chicago? My Interact account hasn't changed either. I feel like they just forgot about me... =/
Possibly, because Interact is not a main way to notify students on thier statuses. I guess,they do change interact, but not everyone can have the change since there are many students, and there are many letters need to be done. I talked to the lady today, and it seemed to me like they are still doing it, and going to send out the acceptance letters. I hope it will be next monday.
also a word of advice for those on the alternate list....send in a LETTER OF INTENT as soon as possible to show that you are interested in coming here and get extra letters of recs from other professors and have them send it in directly to the Midwestern campus and they'll keep the letter of intent and extra LORs on file with your application so when they review your application again they'll see the extra stuff giving you a better chance!
😕Hey are all you guys who've have their status change from the Oct. 1st interview???
No letter for me yet. I guess that means it will come in the mail tomorrow.
Hang in there! Sigh...this means that we will have to do some more waiting for at least a couple of months! So, I'm guessing you will be heading to Vegas this December after all?
BAH -- waitlisted. 🙁
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.