Midwestern - Chicago Question re health insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SomaCNS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Any one know if you are able to receive health insurance coverage through Midwestern? Or do you have to be able to get it on your own privately? On the list of things necessary to attend the school, it states that one must show proof of health insurance coverage. Many schools have info about paying a certain amount each semester to receive health insurance through the school, but I don't see any information regarding this on the Midwestern site. Actually, on the student budget worksheet I just opened, it has $3009 budgeted for health insurance, but is that through the school OR an estimate of what one would pay by obtianing it privately? Also, if you can pay for coverage through the school, how comprehensive is it?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i had the same concern but i have not made up my mind as to whether i will accept their offer of admission. i will suggest u call them and i believe they will be able to explain it

Hi. Any one know if you are able to receive health insurance coverage through Midwestern? Or do you have to be able to get it on your own privately? On the list of things necessary to attend the school, it states that one must show proof of health insurance coverage. Many schools have info about paying a certain amount each semester to receive health insurance through the school, but I don't see any information regarding this on the Midwestern site. Actually, on the student budget worksheet I just opened, it has $3009 budgeted for health insurance, but is that through the school OR an estimate of what one would pay by obtianing it privately? Also, if you can pay for coverage through the school, how comprehensive is it?

Thanks!

I am a second year student at Midwestern-CCP. That figure is indeed through the school. I highly recommend getting insurance privately. The insurance through MWU is astronomically more expensive than if you went through Blue Cross-Illinois, Humana, Unicare. Let me know if you have any other questions, feel free to message me! Good luck!

To give you perspective, I have a high deductible insurance policy through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, and the cost is $300 every 2 months.
All full time college students are required by law to have health insurance in Illinois, thus most schools offer a plan.
UIC's plan is relatively cheap, $400 per semester, because it is an in house HMO.