Midwestern DG interview Friday - accreditation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bk124

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much should it concern me that this school hasn't received accreditation? How important is that in finding a job? Does anyone know when/if they will received full accreditation?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If your program is not accredited then you can't sit for the national licensing exam and then you wouldn't be able to practice legally. Personally, I didn't even look at applying to schools that weren't fully accredited. I didn't want to worry about that at all.

The CAPTE website has a lot of information about accreditation, if you haven't seen that already. http://www.capteonline.org/AccreditationHandbook/

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your response but the Glendale location is actually not yet accredited...wondering people's thoughts on that.

Jw why you labeled the thread Midwestern DG when you are referring to the Glendale location. Where are you interviewing, in Glendale or Downers Grove?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

glendale will receive its accreditation. No reason it shouldn't. They model their curriculum after downers grove. Even in the event they don't get it, they have an agreement with another school in AZ to take on the students. I've put down my deposit to MWU-G and it wasn't even an issue for me. And agree with the above....why put DG in the title? lol

Ha! I apologize. I think I'm just exhausted from this whole process and was doing it on my phone :)

Thanks for your response, y'all!

Nbd

Good luck on your interview!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Midwestern will get accredited. I had thoughts about if they will get accredited last year when I was interviewing and putting down my deposit, but since then I've seen how well everything is put together and how seriously the professors take the accreditation process. Now, there's no doubt in my mind that they will get it, and they'll know for sure in May when the accreditation people meet for the final decision.

I emailed the CAPTE group that does accreditation and they also reassured me saying that only several schools have not become accredited in recent years and that was mainly because they essentially "gave up" on trying to be accredited.