Midwestern, Glendale 2012 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One of the other students interviewing with me actually poured herself a glass of water. As long as you can keep your hands steady and not spill (luckily she could!) then I'm sure it is fine to use..they did have a small stack of cups right next to it. If it was for the interviewers then I doubt it would be there, since there were more than three cups.

I just brought my own water in, and drank it when I damn well needed to! LOL Relax, you won't lose points for it. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone have an interview on Fri Jan 6th? I heard they said we may know by that day or Monday because that's when they were meeting, but haven't heard anything.
BTW, the first thing I did when I sat down was pour a cup of water... lol

Did anyone have an interview on Fri Jan 6th? I heard they said we may know by that day or Monday because that's when they were meeting, but haven't heard anything.

I interviewed on Jan 5th and got the call from them the following day. A friend of mine who interviewed in December before their winter break had to call in to find out his status so I think you might want to do that if your portal doesn't change.

Members don't see this ad :)

I interviewed that day. I checked the portal and by that afternoon/evening it had already changed to the "Accepted student Checklist" but I didn't receive a call until Monday morning. So check your portal and give them call if you aren't sure.

I interviewed on Jan 5th and got the call from them the following day. A friend of mine who interviewed in December before their winter break had to call in to find out his status so I think you might want to do that if your portal doesn't change.

Was it good news he found out? :)

One of the other students interviewing with me actually poured herself a glass of water. As long as you can keep your hands steady and not spill (luckily she could!) then I'm sure it is fine to use..they did have a small stack of cups right next to it. If it was for the interviewers then I doubt it would be there, since there were more than three cups.

My interviewers were drinking coffee or something from travel mugs, IIRC. I believe we were invited to drink it.

I just brought my own water in, and drank it when I damn well needed to! LOL Relax, you won't lose points for it. :D

Me too! I passed 'em out of that little fridge to the other applicants who wanted one. :laugh:

Plus five points - that guy's got a really steady hand! Let's draft him into our compounding program... :laugh:

You guys are cracking me up with the water thing.

I was wondering if macbooks are compatible with the pharmacy program????

Once you're accepted, there's a technology section in MWUNet. You could contact them to ask to be sure.

I don't see any reason it wouldn't be. They have mac-compatible readers for the Office suite (which it appears they use), or there's always Open Office.

I been lurking this forum for years without signing up. Now that I have some interviews in the near future I finally decided to join sdn.

Anyways I have a interview at MWU-Glendale the 1/26. I'm not overly nervous, just anxious. I hope I'm not to late into the interview cycle that I'm an auto-waitlist.

Any advise from anybody who already experienced the interview? Thanks a lot.

I been lurking this forum for years without signing up. Now that I have some interviews in the near future I finally decided to join sdn.

Anyways I have a interview at MWU-Glendale the 1/26. I'm not overly nervous, just anxious. I hope I'm not to late into the interview cycle that I'm an auto-waitlist.

Any advise from anybody who already experienced the interview? Thanks a lot.

You can read about other applicant's experience if you just briefly browse through the first 15 pages :laugh:

This interview is the least stressful and the people are very friendly.
Interview itself may make you a bit nervous since its 3 interviewers - 3 interviewees, but you'll get over the nervousness right away.

Personally I felt it was helpful to write down notes about the questions. They will ask a question and the interviewees will answer it in order, and sometimes it is hard to remember what response you had. I would just write down a few notes to remind me about what I wanted to talk about when it came to my turn. I also feel that they asked harder questions because two of the interviewees had longer time to respond, so be prepared for some doozies. And good luck! Just be yourself, and tell them why you are the amazing person you are, and why they would be lucky to have you go to school here. =D

Wow. It feels like I'm so behind. I submitted my supplemental application about two days ago. I have my interview on the 26th of Jan. I wonder if there are any slots left...

Once you're accepted, there's a technology section in MWUNet. You could contact them to ask to be sure.

I don't see any reason it wouldn't be. They have mac-compatible readers for the Office suite (which it appears they use), or there's always Open Office.
Well, I called them and the lady in the pharmacy department said that a mac is not compatible with emails they send out, but that I should double check with the assistant dean;..I haven't had a chance to do that yet..

Well, I called them and the lady in the pharmacy department said that a mac is not compatible with emails they send out, but that I should double check with the assistant dean;..I haven't had a chance to do that yet..

That's lame :(

I guess my touchpad will finally get used then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

I submitted my supplemental last week and I just received a letter saying that I am "on hold pending a potential invitation for an interview". Does anyone know what this really means? Their nice version of a rejection, perhaps? Seeing as how so many people have been accepted already (congrats!), I'm getting worried that I am no longer in the running. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone!:thumbup:

Hi all,

I submitted my supplemental last week and I just received a letter saying that I am "on hold pending a potential invitation for an interview". Does anyone know what this really means? Their nice version of a rejection, perhaps? Seeing as how so many people have been accepted already (congrats!), I'm getting worried that I am no longer in the running. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone!:thumbup:

A friend of mine has been "on hold...." since late november. Don't know what that really means. How are your stats?

Just so you know, MWU pulls a lot of people from their wait list in the spring.

Midwestern class of 15 sounds like its going to be one interesting group. I've been reading this forum for awhile and finally decided go get my own account.Congratz to all those accepted!! I have an interview on Feb2. I hope its not too late! :xf:

I am liking how active this group is. This forum has almost 3 times the amount of action than the next highest forum!! I am hoping an active forum will mean an engaged class, which will improve learning! Keep it up guys!

I am liking how active this group is. This forum has almost 3 times the amount of action than the next highest forum!! I am hoping an active forum will mean an engaged class, which will improve learning! Keep it up guys!
Can't wait for school to start! Woot!

Hi all,

A friend of mine is in the same situation.. she basically said she's "waitlisted for an interview". I'm not exactly sure how Midwestern goes about in dealing with this list, you might want to give them a call just to have it clarified.

Midwestern class of 15 sounds like its going to be one interesting group. I've been reading this forum for awhile and finally decided go get my own account.Congratz to all those accepted!! I have an interview on Feb2. I hope its not too late! :xf:

It's never too late, it's rolling admissions =) Only too late once they have 150 yesses from whoever said they were going (including deposits and no cancellations)

this reminds me...... there was a pitcher of water on the table during my interview. We were never offered it and no one dared help themselves of ask for any. after the interview we all wondering if it was a test of some kind.
Nah. They just forgot to offer. I did makes point of pouring a cup in case I needed a stall tactic.

Congrats everyone who got in :). I was put on alternate list =/ does anyone know about how they process the waitlist? :(
I don't know if this has already been addressed, but my understanding is that the majority of wl candidates are eventually offered a seat. Keep your chin up!

Hello, I'm going to MWU for dental school this fall, a pre-pharm friend of mine just got an interview offer from MWU for next month. Do you guys know if he stands a good chance of getting in? or are they just interviewing for wait list now? what's the class size and how many deposits did MWU received by now? I'm sorry if this info is already posted, but this thread is unusually long.

Hello, I'm going to MWU for dental school this fall, a pre-pharm friend of mine just got an interview offer from MWU for next month. Do you guys know if he stands a good chance of getting in? or are they just interviewing for wait list now? what's the class size and how many deposits did MWU received by now? I'm sorry if this info is already posted, but this thread is unusually long.

One will never know if they are just interviewing for waitlist or for an actual spot in the school. This is all rolling-admission based so they will continue offering interviews up until all spots have been filled for the class (and i'd assume they have enough people on the wait list). Anyone off the waitlist can be accepted up until the day of/before orientation, so anything is still possible. Keep your hopes up and fingers crossed because an interview is already having a foot in the door =)

-P1

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum. Does anyone know if MWU sends an email or a letter if we have been placed on the waitlist? I'm still waiting for the results and it's making me anxious. :scared:

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum. Does anyone know if MWU sends an email or a letter if we have been placed on the waitlist? I'm still waiting for the results and it's making me anxious. :scared:

I received a letter when I was notified of being on the waitlist.

Thanks for the reply. How long did it after the interview before you received the letter?

I interviewed on Monday, Nov 14th & received the letter on Wed, Nov 23rd. So about a week and a half.

ALWAYS check the portal. I didn't get my acceptance letter until the day before it was the deadline to pay, but realistically i got accepted the day after my interview (so i secured my spot that way). =)

ALWAYS check the portal. I didn't get my acceptance letter until the day before it was the deadline to pay, but realistically i got accepted the day after my interview (so i secured my spot that way). =)

Yea I never got a call also :(

I know it's late, but I submitted my application last week and am still waiting for my supplemental application to be sent. Does anyone know when the next interview dates are besides 2/2? I hope there's still spots available. :xf:

I know it's late, but I submitted my application last week and am still waiting for my supplemental application to be sent. Does anyone know when the next interview dates are besides 2/2? I hope there's still spots available. :xf:

My options were 2/2 and 2/3. Of course I chose 2/2 lol!

Hi, all MWU majors take basic sciences together correct? can any current students hook me up with old quizes/exams? PM

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Are you being serious or trolling?

I'm serious, I thought most schools have a file of test banks that 2nd years pass to 1st years. I guess this is the wrong place to ask, I'll just try to make more friends once school starts.

I'm serious, I thought most schools have a file of test banks that 2nd years pass to 1st years. I guess this is the wrong place to ask, I'll just try to make more friends once school starts.

Yes, a lot of the healthcare ppls take the same basic science classes together. From what I heard, MWU is very much against sharing test banks and such. This is definitely not the right place to ask. o_o

I know what you mean though; UOP has something like that where all the students just share their info.

At the interview, how did you answer the question, "If you ever caught a student cheating, what would you do?"

Hey does anyone know what times the classes run from during the day? I heard 8:00-4:00? I was just accepted and needed to make sure I plan ahead for childcare :)

Hey does anyone know what times the classes run from during the day? I heard 8:00-4:00? I was just accepted and needed to make sure I plan ahead for childcare :)

I think you can check out the sample block schedule on the website. 8-4 sounds pretty close to accurate factoring in labs and such. double check though

Thanks! Where did you find the sample block schedule on their website?

I think you can check out the sample block schedule on the website. 8-4 sounds pretty close to accurate factoring in labs and such. double check though

Block schedule is sent out to you before school starts. Generally speaking you can "block out" anything from 8-5 which is how long they claim classes/meetings/etc may or may not last. Usually its shorter than this but yes, sometimes your days really can be 8-5. They do give you the block schedule though and its fairly accurate so just sit tight.

At the interview, how did you answer the question, "If you ever caught a student cheating, what would you do?"
:thumbup::thumbup: People like fujindesu should not be in health care field! I hope to hell he never gets accepted anywhere!:thumbup:

There are so many people who work hard to get in to the program. I'm assuming that you probably did the same thing during your prereq before getting in and now your trying to cheat your way through the program.

Last edited:
:thumbup::thumbup: People like fujindesu should not be in health care field! I hope to hell he never gets accepted anywhere!:thumbup:

I don't realize this is such a big deal? everyone in my dorms have old tests and most professors gave us old tests from the previous 2 years. If having access to test bank is cheating then I wouldn't do it. I have multiple acceptances already, so your hope has failed.

There a difference of using test bank questions as a study aid, and actively looking for last years test hoping it will be verbatim.

I agree though in the science dept, ESP in biology tests are always floating around. I was a chem major and never really had multiple choice type test, so I had to get good grades the good ol fashion way haha

I don't realize this is such a big deal? everyone in my dorms have old tests and most professors gave us old tests from the previous 2 years. If having access to test bank is cheating then I wouldn't do it. I have multiple acceptances already, so your hope has failed.

It's not that big of a deal if you ask among friends and classmates, just seem like an inappropriate thing to say/do in a public place like this forum and done it so blatantly.

I'm sure you can find some students from previous years who will share old exams with you once you get on campus.

Woah, I think you guys are seriously overreacting. Did you know that at other pharmacy schools, the school-sanctioned pharmacy groups (like APhA) have actually sold the test banks to students as fundraisers? It's not an unreasonable question. Whether it's cheating or not depends on the school and on the teacher.

I would rather see the information available to all students so everyone's on an even playing field (as it would be in a fundraiser situation), rather than becoming a popularity / connection contest (if you have to ask friends / previous students).

Woah, I think you guys are seriously overreacting. Did you know that at other pharmacy schools, the school-sanctioned pharmacy groups (like APhA) have actually sold the test banks to students as fundraisers? It's not an unreasonable question. Whether it's cheating or not depends on the school and on the teacher.

I would rather see the information available to all students so everyone's on an even playing field (as it would be in a fundraiser situation), rather than becoming a popularity / connection contest (if you have to ask friends / previous students).

I absolutely agree on both counts. :) Put away the pitchforks! (At least for now)