Midwestern Glendale Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow ! That's pretty quick . Thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions. Will update my status after my interview tomorrow .
Hey how was your interview? I long do they usually interview? Some people say they only interviewed for 10 to 15 minutes and some say longer than 30 minutes.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey how was your interview? I long do they usually interview? Some people say they only interviewed for 10 to 15 minutes and some say longer than 30 minutes.
It was ok . 10 - 15 mins for me. Haven't heard back yet though

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I just got back home from the interview and checked my applicant portal and it shows accepted student checklist. I am assuming that I am in??!!!
For those of you who have not checked already, they told us that the admissions committee was meeting today so check your status.
Wow I guess it can update so fast for some people who interview on days the committee meets.

The interview was very inviting and the questions were really asking about why pharmacy and tell me about yourself and then based off of how you answered.
I think I interviewed for at least 30 minutes and that was just because I asked a lot of questions and they provided very thorough answers.
Some people in the group interviewed for only 10 to 15 minutes and I do not think that the length of interview matters.

Good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews!!

Hey, I just got back home from the interview and checked my applicant portal and it shows accepted student checklist. I am assuming that I am in??!!!
For those of you who have not checked already, they told us that the admissions committee was meeting today so check your status.
Wow I guess it can update so fast for some people who interview on days the committee meets.

The interview was very inviting and the questions were really asking about why pharmacy and tell me about yourself and then based off of how you answered.
I think I interviewed for at least 30 minutes and that was just because I asked a lot of questions and they provided very thorough answers.
Some people in the group interviewed for only 10 to 15 minutes and I do not think that the length of interview matters.

Congrats! You're in!! I'm super excited for ya!

Thanks! This is so exciting for me! Good luck to you with your studies at UIC?!
Congratulations ! I have problems signing in the portal . But called the admissions n they said I am accepted . Yay!

what does the accepted student checklist say? the link has been on my page but when I click on it, alli see is "This checklist is available to accepted applicants."
I interviewed a few weeks ago and have not heard anything.

Congratulations ! I have problems signing in the portal . But called the admissions n they said I am accepted . Yay!
Hey that's great! I bet hearing several days later makes the excitement even greater. I saw the accepted student checklist on the same day and didn't get a phone call or anything so could not believe it until I saw the deposit due on the student portal this morning.

what does the accepted student checklist say? the link has been on my page but when I click on it, alli see is "This checklist is available to accepted applicants."
I interviewed a few weeks ago and have not heard anything.
Right after you log in, the accepted student checklist shows up on the home page with a list of things to complete. Try calling them on Monday. Do you have all items complete such as PCAT and majority of prerequisites? Sometimes they wait for that before deciding.

Right after you log in, the accepted student checklist shows up on the home page with a list of things to complete. Try calling them on Monday. Do you have all items complete such as PCAT and majority of prerequisites? Sometimes they wait for that before deciding.

I have all the prereqs done and the PCAT scores done. I even emailed them early last week and they said they finally got the PCAT scores so I was hoping to at least get a rejection email or something. I hate not knowing.

I have all the prereqs done and the PCAT scores done. I even emailed them early last week and they said they finally got the PCAT scores so I was hoping to at least get a rejection email or something. I hate not knowing.
way too early for them to send out rejection letter yet unless you had GPA below 2.5.. Season barely just got started lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I checked my portal today and the matriculation agreement is available on the checklist for accepted students, which wasn't there before. But I never got a call or email from the admissions office, so I'm not sure if this means I got in. Anyone else hear back yet?

I checked my portal today and the matriculation agreement is available on the checklist for accepted students, which wasn't there before. But I never got a call or email from the admissions office, so I'm not sure if this means I got in. Anyone else hear back yet?
that means you go in, you will get call later...

I think I am going to call the admissions office on Monday and ask. Couldn't hurt!

So I called them yesterday. My PCAT scores didn't load until Friday...after the committee met. Sigh.
Anyhow, they will review my application on the next meeting.

So I called them yesterday. My PCAT scores didn't load until Friday...after the committee met. Sigh.
Anyhow, they will review my application on the next meeting.

wow thats weird.. How come they would update accepted checklist in your portal without reviewing your app?? anyways you will be okay, good luck!

wow thats weird.. How come they would update accepted checklist in your portal without reviewing your app?? anyways you will be okay, good luck!

That's a great question! No biggie. I am just happy that everything is there now and they will review on Friday.

That's a great question! No biggie. I am just happy that everything is there now and they will review on Friday.

What other schools did you apply if you dont mind me asking? And is MWU your first choice?

What other schools did you apply if you dont mind me asking? And is MWU your first choice?

I applied to Creighton (online program), Midwestern, Mercer, Idaho State, Univ. of Montana, Roseman, South University, and one more that I cant remember since I am still half asleep.
Midwestern is by far the main choice. I live about 6-7 miles from the school in my own house. I don't want to have to sell or rent my house if I get in somewhere else, but I will do what I have to do. I am also 40 and the three year program is a bit more appealing for me since I am an old man.
Finally, I have been working in pharmacy as a tech for 16 years. My job will let me work any hours I want for extra cash as an intern. So yeah, Midwestern by far.

I forgot to ask during interviews and was obviously too nervous to notice what the students were wearing..ha ha.. What is the dress code for pharmacy students? Is it fine just to wear scrubs or does it have to be formal or business casual? I would hate to worry about clothes since I don't have a lot of formal attire. Also, what laptops do students use? My brother has an iphone that he can trade in for a credit so that I can probably use it to help buy a macbook, or maybe I should buy a cheaper notebook?

I forgot to ask during interviews and was obviously too nervous to notice what the students were wearing..ha ha.. What is the dress code for pharmacy students? Is it fine just to wear scrubs or does it have to be formal or business casual? I would hate to worry about clothes since I don't have a lot of formal attire. Also, what laptops do students use? My brother has an iphone that he can trade in for a credit so that I can probably use it to help buy a macbook, or maybe I should buy a cheaper notebook?

no dress code for pharmacy student. However, there are occasions/days when you will be expected to come in business casual. Most people use ipad or macbook.. Notability app is amazing for note taking!!

You were right, I did get in. I got a call and an email Monday afternoon!
SO, I need to finish a bunch of prereq courses in order to matriculate. Any suggestion on which are the easy courses I can take for Social/Behaviour sciences and General Education?

Anyone log into the portal this morning and get the accepted checklist?
I logged in and nothing. just curious if anyone had any luck.

Congrats on your acceptance. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Congrats on your acceptance. Do you mind sharing your stats?
I have about 3.3 overall pharmcas and graduate GPA of around 3.8. Science gpa is higher than cumulative. PCAT score was 99 biology, 89 chemistry, 84 overall composite, and writing score of 4. Worked 3 years as pharmacy tech, have several years of volunteer work, and am head of household.

So I called yesterday and was told that I was rejected. Not in the best of moods now.

Hey! How was your interview?
Sorry about the late reply. The interview went well i suppose however i was super nervous. We had a 3 on 1 interview which was something i did not expect. But overall it was a lovely campus and great people. Now im just waiting for a response after they receive my PCAT scores. how about you? how was yours?

Sorry about the late reply. The interview went well i suppose however i was super nervous. We had a 3 on 1 interview which was something i did not expect. But overall it was a lovely campus and great people. Now im just waiting for a response after they receive my PCAT scores. how about you? how was yours?
Mine went well . Found out that I got accepted . Good luck to you .

Does any one know if there would be a writing sample in an interview day or not. Thanks.

Does any one know if there would be a writing sample in an interview day or not. Thanks.
During my interview there was an essay to write while waiting for interviews. It was either answer the question written on the sheet or make up your own question that you would like asked and an answer to that. Essay should total about 100 words.

During my interview there was an essay to write while waiting for interviews. It was either answer the question written on the sheet or make up your own question that you would like asked and an answer to that. Essay should total about 100 words.
Great. Thanks!

I'll am preparing for my interview at Midwestern,Glendale, and I cannot come with a good answer for one of the questions that they might ask during the interview. Could somebody please help me with the answer.
The question is: what are the current challenges for pharmacy?
I really appreciate your answers in advance.

Last edited:
I'll am preparing for my interview at Midwestern,Glendale, and I cannot come with a good answer for one of the questions that they might ask during the interview. Could somebody please help me with the answer.
The question is: what are the current challenges for pharmacy?
I really appreciate your answers in advance.
Dealing with fake prescriptions

Hi everyone, I interviewed yesterday and got my acceptance via phone-call and email this morning! Good luck to everyone applying!!

Hi everyone, I interviewed yesterday and got my acceptance via phone-call and email this morning! Good luck to everyone applying!!
That is so great. Congrat on your acceptance. Do you mind sharing you stats and your interview experience?

I just took the pcat this week but received an interview invite today. is it better to complete interview now or wait until they receive pcat scores? Would they even accept me before the scores are received ?

I just took the pcat this week but received an interview invite today. is it better to complete interview now or wait until they receive pcat scores? Would they even accept me before the scores are received ?
Its better to complete the interview since its early on in cycle and you might have better chances. Also, it helps if you could scan your unofficial score report and send it to them so they have it in your record.

Congrats!! is this your first choice?
Hey CMUchicka, I would just like your feedback on the program. I was accepted recently and I liked the school a lot at the interview. Are professors easily accessible? Do you feel you made the right choice? Is the program doable? I just want to make sure I am not getting over my head! Thanks!!

Hey CMUchicka, I would just like your feedback on the program. I was accepted recently and I liked the school a lot at the interview. Are professors easily accessible? Do you feel you made the right choice? Is the program doable? I just want to make sure I am not getting over my head! Thanks!!

I will pm you later this weekend,congrats!!

Sorry to hear that. Did you find out the reason ? Sometimes it helps to know what went wrong .

The biggest issue they had was the fact that I took my prereqs several years ago. My PCAT score was not good at all since I really dedicate enough time and effort to the test. It's amazing how much you can forget in 6-7 years.

I was talking to the admissions and, if I take my PCAT in January and get a competitive score and also take another science based class with a lab (and get a good grade of course) then I might be able to get my application looked at again. there are no promises, just a chance. That's all I ask for.

On a side note, trying to cram all of the PCAT info into 2 months of studying is not the easiest thing in the world to do, especially working 60+ hours a week.

I will pm you later this weekend,congrats!!
I would also like your input about the program. I've gotten into MWU AZ as well and wanted to know how the program is, how intense/doable it is, and if there's time to work and gain experience other than rotations since it's a 3 year program. Thanks in advance!