Midwestern-Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I check my status one last time prior to writing a deposit to another school, had been waitlisted following the 2/13 interview, and I now have a matriculation agreement - although I haven't actually been contacted by the school yet.

Wow, now I'm not sure what to do...:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I check my status one last time prior to writing a deposit to another school, had been waitlisted following the 2/13 interview, and I now have a matriculation agreement - although I haven't actually been contacted by the school yet.

Wow, now I'm not sure what to do...:eek:
I received a phone call from the Assistant Dean about 4 days after my online account had changed.

Members don't see this ad :)
It totally depends on if I get into UC. Im from phx, so I know glendale, I want to experience something different. Plus I want to stop working at Walgreens so if I leave for UC or Hawaii I can finally quit vs if I stay at CPG I'd still work there. So if I get into UC, im goin there. If I dont get into UC, I'll prob pick CPG.

The CPG deposit is due April 3, so I should hear back from UC by then.

was anyone else who was waitlisted been contacted about now being accepted? My letter (waitlist) said I'd be contacted and have 3 days to make a decision. Does that mean 3 days to come up with the $1000? Or will I still get the 30 days to make a depostit?

call them ASAP =)

rxbymail: have you decided what school you want to go to?

It totally depends on if I get into UC. Im from phx, so I know glendale, I want to experience something different. Plus I want to stop working at Walgreens so if I leave for UC or Hawaii I can finally quit vs if I stay at CPG I'd still work there. So if I get into UC, im goin there. If I dont get into UC, I'll prob pick CPG.

I don't blame you for wanting to go somewhere new. That would be great if you liked UC. The fit just wasn't right for me.

call them ASAP =)

rxbymail: have you decided what school you want to go to?

I wish! I already made a deposit at LECOM, but really like things about the other programs as well. I'm still waiting to hear from my local school - UNMC -and am trying to weigh all my options.

What I really need is time! UC-Denver is due back on tuesday and I'm not sure when I need to get a response back to Midwestern, but I don't expect to hear back from UNMC till the first week of April.
I'm stressed!

Random question, just curious, but what do you do at Walgreens? Pharmacy technician?

Pharmacy tech at the busiest non24 store in the district. It totally sucks so if i go out of state I can quit the store. wooohooo!!

Pharmacy tech at the busiest non24 store in the district. It totally sucks so if i go out of state I can quit the store. wooohooo!!

you can still quit the store if you go to MWU. It is a 3 year accelerated program. So I don't think you have time to work.

uhhh i hope this school is a good time...the 3 year program kinda freaks me out..hope i can still have a life

Members don't see this ad :)
glad someone else agrees. we all gonna have to have a big get together before classes start...

Definitely! Can't wait =)

Has anyone received their financial award status yet?

I've talked to a couple people at Midwestern CPG, they both work part time as pharm interns and have been doing so throughout there tenure. One for Walgreens and the other for a nearby hospital. Both said it's feasible.

I'm hoping to work part time, mabye nights/weekends, to help reduce my student loans. I'll probably apply for a job once I've adapted to the school workload.

ok..so if anyone goes to mwu maybe you could help me out! ok...i am going to be attending pharmacy school in the summer, and have been accepted to both the U of Iowa and to midwestern glendale. Just kind of wondering what the social life was life at glendale??? i mean do the students hang out a lot outside of school and on the weekends? i'm from Iowa and I'm 20, so I guess i still wanna have a little fun (if possible) wherever I am at! Thanks for any help you guys can give me! :)

I know two kids at CPG (P2 & P3) and they have plenty to do outside of school. One kid goes to Vegas quite a bit and the other is always out doing things. Glendale is about 25 miles away from Scottsdale & Tempe so bars/clubs are close. Phx has a lot of stuff to do so its a nice place to go to college.

I have grown up here so I wanna get out but if you're from out of state, its a nice place to spend 3 years.

I know two kids at CPG (P2 & P3) and they have plenty to do outside of school. One kid goes to Vegas quite a bit and the other is always out doing things. Glendale is about 25 miles away from Scottsdale & Tempe so bars/clubs are close. Phx has a lot of stuff to do so its a nice place to go to college.

I have grown up here so I wanna get out but if you're from out of state, its a nice place to spend 3 years.

This is very comforting news. LoL. It's really hard to get out of my SoCal bubble.

ok..so if anyone goes to mwu maybe you could help me out! ok...i am going to be attending pharmacy school in the summer, and have been accepted to both the U of Iowa and to midwestern glendale. Just kind of wondering what the social life was life at glendale??? i mean do the students hang out a lot outside of school and on the weekends? i'm from Iowa and I'm 20, so I guess i still wanna have a little fun (if possible) wherever I am at! Thanks for any help you guys can give me! :)
I think that if you are able to mesh with a few other students, it is not hard to find things to do. I plan to do a lot of hiking, play on a co-rec softball team, find some great pubs/bars/restaurants to hang out at, and also find places to relax. There is a community there outside of the school. It may be harder at first, but most of the students this year will be in the same boat.

hahaha, you think pharmacy school is about having fun...Just wait until you actually begin it. With a 3 year accelerated program, you won't have time to go out like you used to. Anyways not to scare you guys but get ready for 3 years of hell.....

hahaha, you think pharmacy school is about having fun...Just wait until you actually begin it. With a 3 year accelerated program, you won't have time to go out like you used to. Anyways not to scare you guys but get ready for 3 years of hell.....

:) im ready.. lets get it on!

One more reason to go to Hawaii...4 year program with summers and winters off. phewwww

Can anybody make the deposite yet?

I know I have to wait a little while, but only one week left until the deadline.

hey did any of you guys get interviewed by a pharmacy school counselor in CPG? ( I know weird question :rolleyes:...just asking)

Anyways, does anyone know how the classes are in CPG (ie tons of reading, how different is physio course from university classes [easier or harder], can you skip class [like accidentally:) sleeping in and missing class]) ... I guess this question is for someone who goes to CPG or knows someone...

hey did any of you guys get interviewed by a pharmacy school counselor in CPG? ( I know weird question :rolleyes:...just asking)

Anyways, does anyone know how the classes are in CPG (ie tons of reading, how different is physio course from university classes [easier or harder], can you skip class [like accidentally:) sleeping in and missing class]) ... I guess this question is for someone who goes to CPG or knows someone...
One of my interviewers was an admissions counselor by the name of Krista. She was great!

okay so i am having a problem with attending the orientation because one of my professors here at UC Irvine decided to place a final on June 3 and told me that if i would miss the final then i would get an F in the class. he does not understand the concept that i need to be at this orientation for grad school. He said that there were no makeups and that he does not allow any students to take the exam earlier regardless of the situation.

I just wanted to know if anyone is in the same situation as me and anyone know how i should go about this problem.

okay so i am having a problem with attending the orientation because one of my professors here at UC Irvine decided to place a final on June 3 and told me that if i would miss the final then i would get an F in the class. he does not understand the concept that i need to be at this orientation for grad school. He said that there were no makeups and that he does not allow any students to take the exam earlier regardless of the situation.

I just wanted to know if anyone is in the same situation as me and anyone know how i should go about this problem.

what a jerk! One of my classmates last semester was able to take her final a day early in order to make an interview for med school. I can't believe that your professor would not be flexible in your situation? Contact MWU and see if missing June 3rd is okay due to your circumstances.

what a jerk! One of my classmates last semester was able to take her final a day early in order to make an interview for med school. I can't believe that your professor would not be flexible in your situation? Contact MWU and see if missing June 3rd is okay due to your circumstances.

yea i did. they told me to contact dr. dietrich and i have so i am just waiting for his answer. I just wanted to know if anyone has been in a similar situation.

I received an e-mail saying that I didn't get on campus housing. :smuggrin: Oh well. Does anyone recommend a specific apartment complex? I've been on apartmentratings.com and so far the highest rating was a 71% recommendation for Laguna at Arrowhead Ranch.

I didn't get on campus housing either..so i have been looking into apartments and the san lagos and san prados (spelling?) across the street seem really nice, i called and talked to them today and they seem really friendly/the Laguna apartments seem really nice too..so i am prolly gonna try to get an apartment at one of those places... Anybody interested in a roommate for June?? :) i am 21/female/from Iowa...so if anybody is looking for a female roommate to share a 2/3/4 bedroom apartment..let me know! :)

I received an e-mail saying that I didn't get on campus housing. :smuggrin: Oh well. Does anyone recommend a specific apartment complex? I've been on apartmentratings.com and so far the highest rating was a 71% recommendation for Laguna at Arrowhead Ranch.

when did you pay your housing deposit?

I went look at some of the apartments near school a couple of weeks ago and they all seem nice. I chose to put some money down at the Sage Stone at Arrowhead complex (I believe it is behind San Lago or San Prado I confuse the two.) When you do go look at the apartments be sure to tell them you are going to be a Midwestern student because some of them have small discounts for us :thumbup:.

I signed up Jan 15 and put down a deposit the same day. I guess I was too late.

I'm not surprised you didn't get housing. When you consider how many students they have (all the different programs, with all the different years, the 3 years of pharmacy students alone is somewhere between 400-600) and the limited amount of housing they have. I imagine most of the housing goes to current residents who are renewing their lease.

Anyways just look at the apartments already mentioned, I'll be rooming at San Lagos.

I didn't get housing either:(. Anybody need a female roommate?

Time to go search for an apartment..

Okay so i am almost 95% sure that i will be attneding MWU-CPG this coming summer and i need to know what documents need to be received by the school. I know that you need to send all your transcripts in.. but is there anything else.

I know there is a link for the immunization record and a physical that needs to be completed by your physician. Any other documents that i am misssing?

Okay so i am almost 95% sure that i will be attneding MWU-CPG this coming summer and i need to know what documents need to be received by the school. I know that you need to send all your transcripts in.. but is there anything else.

I know there is a link for the immunization record and a physical that needs to be completed by your physician. Any other documents that i am misssing?

Good choice:laugh:

Financial aid application is due today

I signed up Jan 15 and put down a deposit the same day. I guess I was too late.

I also submitted my deposit on Jan 15. I called Jose to see what number I was on the waitlist. He said he'd let me know the next day. So the following day, I was offered on-campus housing (via e-mail). So it's likely that you'll get housing, if you haven't already.

Last edited:
I also submitted my deposit on Jan 15. I called Jose to see what number I was on the waitlist. He said he'd let me know the next day. So the following day, I was offered on-campus housing (via e-mail). So it's likely that you'll get housing, if you haven't already.

LoL. Grrreeeaatt! I withdrew my application.

Last edited:

Hmm..well if you're using another form of health insurance and not MWU's, then you have to fill out the waiver.

Any idea on when orientation is?

Jun 3-4...don't know any specifics yet though. You showing up?

Hmm its very possible. Im supposed to get an email from CU today or tomorrow. We shall see

i think under the Student Services tab there is a welcome and orientation letter with more details

Sorry, I wasn't including the hours we needed to be there as details, but yes...those were included in our welcome letter.