Midwestern-Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Back in Dec. I was told my Science GPA was the issue. Called today STILL on the waitlist for an interview. They have the wait list, an alternate list and the accepted list. The person I spoke w/ said they "can be filling seats until the first day of class"....as people withdraw from the various lists.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I just withdrew my acceptance today, so that'll open a spot for you guys hopefully! :)

Thanks! It's costing me a fortune though. I did not know that spring training was going on. Be aware of that if you interview. Tickets and hotels are outrageous!

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology

GPA: 3.48
Science GPA: 3.1
GRE: V: 410 Q: 600 A: 4.0
Volunteer Hours: Outpatient-5 different settings 20 hours each. Inpatient-1 setting 20 hours

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many people are interviewed in each of the eight interview sessions? I was just invited for an interview, but I want to be realistic with my expectations.

When I interviewed I believe there were 18 of us. Not sure how many were invited but I'm pretty 18 were on hand

If 18 is a typical amount, then there would be about 150 interviewees total. For 50 seats? I guess that isn't too bad. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, no problem. I believe they even mentioned that they would be interviewing about 150 people. Good luck to you!!

There was about 30 of us at my interview back in January

There were 15 of us on 3/16 and they said 150 total.

KIN 2010 how do you think the interview went? Did they say how many seats were filled? Are they interviewing for their waitlist?

Litlwarrior08- The interview went well I guess. I'm indifferent really. The campus is really nice. They did not say how many seats were filled. All I know is that I was on a waitlist to get an interview for April when I called admissions. Then all of a sudden I was offered an interview date last week 3 days before the interview. I don't think it was an interview for their waitinglist. They said we would find out within 2 weeks. Someone I talked to said most people find out in a week if it's a yes? I'm not sure though. Sorry!

Litlwarrior08- The interview went well I guess. I'm indifferent really. The campus is really nice. They did not say how many seats were filled. All I know is that I was on a waitlist to get an interview for April when I called admissions. Then all of a sudden I was offered an interview date last week 3 days before the interview. I don't think it was an interview for their waitinglist. They said we would find out within 2 weeks. Someone I talked to said most people find out in a week if it's a yes? I'm not sure though. Sorry!
Thanks

Has anyone heard back from Midwestern? I was told I am on hold after interviewing and to contact them if I don't hear back in 2 weeks.

I was on hold for interview for April, but not scheduled........they told me at the beginning of March it could run until the day before school starts. HUH!

Anyone got any updates on Midwestern Glendale? Anyone: get accepted, waitlisted after an interview, waitlisted for an interview, know how many seats are left, withdraw their acceptance, scheduled for an upcoming interview, or anything really? I have no new info:(

I will be interviewing there this Friday. Maybe I will have some updates after that.

UteFan-How'd the interview go? Did you get any info?

It turns out I was accepted on Thursday by Mercer University (who had impressed me greatly at my interview in February, and it is a cheaper school), so I declined my interview on Friday. I assume the short notice didn't allow for Midwestern to interview anyone in my spot, which I feel bad about. Sorry that I don't have any updates to provide.

Congrats 4 you!! Most likely Midwestern will be interviewing and calling people up to the week they start --- think i saw a post last year where someone got an offer the week before school started.

Congrats on your acceptance!!! Thanks for the update. I guess I am just on edge since it has almost been 4 weeks since my interview with no change in status. I will contact them Friday to get more info.

Hey All!

Just got a letter saying that I'm on the Alternate List for Class of 2015. :( I interviewed on April 13. From what they told me at the interview, there were only 8 spots left and April 13th was the last interview date (7 interviewed on April 6 and 3 interviewed April 13). So they could pull people from the 10 that interviewed the last two days or from the alternate list.

I read earlier that they have an accepted list, alternate list, and wait list. Is that true?

Still holding onto hope but it is getting really close and I will have to relocate from Iowa City...We'll see!

Hey All!

I read earlier that they have an accepted list, alternate list, and wait list. Is that true?

That's what they told me on the phone. I recently received a letter telling me what I already knew...still on the wait list for an interview.....:laugh: guess that makes it official.