Midwestern IL MABS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mfrey28

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting the thread for anyone to talk about application or the program in general. Accepted on 12/12!

Members don't see this ad.

Starting the thread for anyone to talk about application or the program in general. Accepted on 12/12!

I've been on alternate list. I'm not sure when this status is going to change haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Does your application transfer over if you get rejected from CCOM?

Hi guys! I got accepted mid-November and I can't wait to meet everyone!!

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to this 2 weeks ago. How long does it take to get correspondence back for whether my application is submitted and complete?

I applied to this 2 weeks ago. How long does it take to get correspondence back for whether my application is submitted and complete?
For me, they emailed me the application completion email a day or two after my last letter of rec was submitted!

I did the transfer application for my AACOMAS to the program. Did you guys do the same?

I transferred my application and heard back within like 10ish days. This was two weeks ago. I just paid my deposit today.

Accepted my offer on 3/13. Does anyone know of a Facebook group?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I was accepted into the MABS program at MWU-IL, and I have to submit my deposit by 4/12. I am going to visit in 2 days, but I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on the program? Does anyone have any thoughts on the program? Is it worth it? Is the articulation agreement still in place in regards to guaranteeing an interview at their dental school/med school etc? What is the campus like? How long are you in class everyday? Just any comments on the program?

Also what do people do about housing?

Also what do people do about housing?

I went to Midwestern's Health Professions Career Day last week, and I talked to a lot of the students currently in the program. It sounded like most of them live off campus. They said that the on-campus housing adds up to be about the same cost as living off campus. They also mentioned that a lot of apartment complexes in the area do offer a 10 month lease, and some apartment complexes even give discounts for Midwestern students. They recommended living no more than 15 minutes away because of the uncertainty of traffic and weather in the winter. Some of the exams are as early as 7AM.

I went to Midwestern's Health Professions Career Day last week, and I talked to a lot of the students currently in the program. It sounded like most of them live off campus. They said that the on-campus housing adds up to be about the same cost as living off campus. They also mentioned that a lot of apartment complexes in the area do offer a 10 month lease, and some apartment complexes even give discounts for Midwestern students. They recommended living no more than 15 minutes away because of the uncertainty of traffic and weather in the winter. Some of the exams are as early as 7AM.

I'm Canadian so I was definitely planning to live off-campus since I want a few weeks to sort out things. The 15 minute tip is nice to know.

I was just more curious about average rent and where to find a place to live. I've done a few internet searches but I'm used to Toronto rent prices so I can't figure out what's a good deal, what's too expensive, and what is likely to be a cockroach infested cardboard box.

I'm Canadian so I was definitely planning to live off-campus since I want a few weeks to sort out things. The 15 minute tip is nice to know.

I was just more curious about average rent and where to find a place to live. I've done a few internet searches but I'm used to Toronto rent prices so I can't figure out what's a good deal, what's too expensive, and what is likely to be a cockroach infested cardboard box.

If you are doing the program, I made a facebook page for it (the link is a couple posts above). I am from out of state, so I am unsure of what a "good price" for rent would be in that area. I am currently in the process of calling around to see what kind of prices different places can give me. I am hoping once more people get admitted to the program and see that facebook group, they will join. It will help everyone out to be able to talk and network especially right now with questions about housing and what not!

Has anyone heard back recently? Or do you know if they're still accepting students?

I got accepted to the 2 year MBS program about 2 weeks ago. I can't seem to find a Facebook page for it

Hey everyone, I am going to be a M1 this upcoming fall at CCOM and am looking to rent a house out with an M3. We are looking for 1-2 more roommates to share the space. If you are interested please send me a message!

I completed the MABS program this past May. Ask me anything.