Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Started by artist2022
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey yall,
Don’t give up yet! I know it seems like you want to do that but don’t. I am a current D1 and I didn’t get in until 5:55 pm central time and I was in OH at the time which was 6:55 pm I almost cried. Based on my knowledge they assign different names to different professors and they call you (that’s why its not in alphabetical order) and the professor who called me last year (wasn’t who interviewed me) she apologized and said they had a busy day and she was just able to call her assigned list. We just finished with our day so maybe some professors will call more people (they call to make it personal, they love that).

Even if they placed you on the waitlist (if you don’t get anywhere else God Forbid, keep waiting) we had someone who was off the waitlist literally 1-2 weeks before we started.
 
Hey yall,
Don’t give up yet! I know it seems like you want to do that but don’t. I am a current D1 and I didn’t get in until 5:55 pm central time and I was in OH at the time which was 6:55 pm I almost cried. Based on my knowledge they assign different names to different professors and they call you (that’s why its not in alphabetical order) and the professor who called me last year (wasn’t who interviewed me) she apologized and said they had a busy day and she was just able to call her assigned list. We just finished with our day so maybe some professors will call more people (they call to make it personal, they love that).

Even if they placed you on the waitlist (if you don’t get anywhere else God Forbid, keep waiting) we had someone who was off the waitlist literally 1-2 weeks before we started.
I think I may cry if I get a call at this point
 
My friend who was waitlisted last year said he got the email around 5 est
Hey yall,
Don’t give up yet! I know it seems like you want to do that but don’t. I am a current D1 and I didn’t get in until 5:55 pm central time and I was in OH at the time which was 6:55 pm I almost cried. Based on my knowledge they assign different names to different professors and they call you (that’s why its not in alphabetical order) and the professor who called me last year (wasn’t who interviewed me) she apologized and said they had a busy day and she was just able to call her assigned list. We just finished with our day so maybe some professors will call more people (they call to make it personal, they love that).

Even if they placed you on the waitlist (if you don’t get anywhere else God Forbid, keep waiting) we had someone who was off the waitlist literally 1-2 weeks before we started.
Thank you for giving us a little bit of hope lmao
 
Maybe they are just done, or if they were behind they could have sent an email. Its a little ridiculous at this point in the day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they take into account both the interview and the app, or just the interview?
I interviewed very early, back in September.
 
my mood
1702681645717.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted also. Does anyone know how long this process takes to be taken off the waitlist? or how the process works in general? Thank you
 
Waitlisted also. Does anyone know how long this process takes to be taken off the waitlist? or how the process works in general? Thank you
for this school, I'mma try to be optimistic
and say "soon", given how its quite expensive and most people are suggested to go to cheaper schools regardless of factors
 
Should I kiss their asses and send a thank you letter for being considered?
 
Do you think its possible they put everyone on the waitlist who they didnt have a chance to call today? Or do you think thats pretty much it for acceptances at this point in the cycle
 
Do you think its possible they put everyone on the waitlist who they didnt have a chance to call today? Or do you think thats pretty much it for acceptances at this point in the cycle
I feel like we would have gotten an email from them letting us know we were waitlisted. Maybe we are just hoping for the best haha 😅
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think its possible they put everyone on the waitlist who they didnt have a chance to call today? Or do you think thats pretty much it for acceptances at this point in the cycle
I dunno any more dude. All I can say is that I don't trust the process
 
Do you think its possible they put everyone on the waitlist who they didnt have a chance to call today? Or do you think thats pretty much it for acceptances at this point in the cycle
I don't think so then they would have just not announced anything. I think we are all just wait listed at this point.
 
Thats so crazy how so many in state applicants got waitlisted. I didn't get an email about it just saw it through aadsas, but I hope somehow we get off of it