Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link to last years thread: Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Illinois Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: College of Dental Medicine - Midwestern Illinois

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.35
Science GPA: 3.22
DAT: 19.4AA, 19.1TS, 19.9PAT
Applied: 2,346
OOS: 1,849 Applied, 455 Interviewed, 206 Accepted
IS: 359 Applied, 133 Interviewed, 65 Accepted
International: 138 Applied, 6 Interviewed, 4 Accepted
# Enrolled: 140
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.41
Science GPA: 3.30
DAT: 19.2AA, 19.1TS, 19.5PAT
Applied: 2,612
OOS: 2,090 Applied, 255 Accepted
IS: 367 Applied, 66 Accepted
International: 155 Applied, 9 Accepted
# Enrolled: 139
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 2.84-3.92
Overall: 3.02-3.91

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone getting an error when trying to submit the supplemental application? I can't submit the supplemental because it says "Question #__ explanation is required and cannot contain an apostrophe, single or double quote". I already contacted Midwestern twice, but they don't know what to do. I already made sure there aren't any apostrophes, single or double quotes, or extra spaces anywhere in my response. I've also already tried refreshing the page and retyping my response.

Is anyone getting an error when trying to submit the supplemental application? I can't submit the supplemental because it says "Question #__ explanation is required and cannot contain an apostrophe, single or double quote". I already contacted Midwestern twice, but they don't know what to do. I already made sure there aren't any apostrophes, single or double quotes, or extra spaces anywhere in my response. I've also already tried refreshing the page and retyping my response.
did you try a different browser?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are the interviews strictly in-person? Or is there an online option?

Do they update application status on AADSAS? Mine still says none

I got an email a week after I submitted the application saying that they received my application so I guess they just don’t update it on AADSAS.
Some schools don’t update until interviews or acceptances. Sorta depends on how they feel. Each school handles AADSAS statuses differently, especially if they have their own portals.

Interview invites went out?
According to the interview tracker interviews went out July 28th, but I haven't heard of anyone saying they got an interview
I was PMd with confirmation of an interview. They showed me the email so I can confirm that interview invites did in fact go out. This person just wished to remain anonymous so they didn’t share here.

Good luck to everyone who has received an interview! I am a current D2 at MWU-IL, feel free to reach out with any questions :)

received an interview invite! Goodluck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
also received an interview invite today! keep holding on everyone!

Last edited:
I just got an email today saying that the school wants to give me an opportunity to transfer my application to the pharmacy program. I obviously applied to the dental program so considering that, is this a bad sign for my dental decision? Has anyone else got this email as well? I submitted my application couple weeks ago and I am completed with all steps in the application process.

Note: this seems to be from Midwestern branch in general and not strictly the downers grove campus.

Last edited:
I just got an email today saying that the school wants to give me an opportunity to transfer my application to the pharmacy program. I obviously applied to the dental program so considering that, is this a bad sign for my dental decision? Has anyone else got this email as well? I submitted my application couple weeks ago and I am completed with all steps in the application process.
Would assume this means they don’t think your app is good enough for admission, I would consider not pushing it over to pharmacy. I’d just decline it and see if you get an interview later on.

Would assume this means they don’t think your app is good enough for admission, I would consider not pushing it over to pharmacy. I’d just decline it and see if you get an interview later on.
I was declined from MWU AZ few weeks ago but MWU IL is in-state for me and I have same stats as many people I have seen who have gotten interviews and acceptances so it was weird to see this email. I'm not sure since I was rejected from AZ, if they are sending this email based on results from AZ?

Note: this seems to be from Midwestern branch in general and not strictly the downers grove campus.
When did you submit your app

did you get the emails at same time?
I also got this email last night. I think it’s just an autogenerated one. I attended a few of their zoom information meetings and I guess I was subscribed to their mailing list. It literally says above the email if I want to unsubscribe. So I think it might have been a mass automated email…

There seems to be many interview questions about leadership. If I don't have any recent experiences that are applicable would it be okay to refer back to a time in highschool?
what about times I practiced leadership qualities in my leadership class?

edit: sorry for the broken english, I was stressed and tired.

Last edited:
There seems to be many questions about leadership interview questions. If I don't have a recent applicable one is it ok to refer back to a time in highschool?
If it was in your senior year I think it would be okay to use it for one example, but you should try to focus on your experiences in college since those are much more relevant. I used one high school experience for a couple interviews but I focused on college/post college (if relevant) experience when I could

I got MANY pharmacy requests from the schools I got rejected from, but only after Dec 15 date. I would contact MW to follow up on the email. Wouldn’t hurt to assure them you are laser focused about dental.
- Current D1 @ Creighton

There seems to be many questions about leadership interview questions. If I don't have a recent applicable one is it ok to refer back to a time in highschool?
Could you explain how your practice leadership in leadership class?

Situations where high school leadership matters to me would be very large community impact. Why Eagle Scout projects are generally acceptable.

Interview #2
Notification date:
9/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/1
Application complete date: 08/24
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.33 Overall: 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18 AA, 19TS, 16 PAT, 17 QR
Method of interview: In person
Interview date options: The first and second week of October

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #2
Notification date:
9/19
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/24
Interview Date: 10/20
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.28, Overall: 3.26
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA, 20 TS, 26 RCT, 22 PAT, No
Method of interview: Zoom

It was great, it seems like a really good school and all the professors seem like they care about the students, it just really expensive in comparison to other schools.

Interview #1
Notification date:
9/28
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/15
Application complete date: 08/25
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.19 Overall: 3.43
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17 AA, 16TS, 17 PAT, 19 QR
Method of interview: In person (no virtual options available)
Interview date options: Oct 24, 27, 31.

Any other instate folks from IL invited for interview beside the one noted above? I see a lot of interviews go out this past week.

Any other instate folks from IL invited for interview beside the one noted above? I see a lot of interviews go out this past week.

Just received one now!

Edit: sorry im oos

Last edited:
Interview #1
Notification date:
10/11
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/11
Application complete date: 09/28
GPA (science, overall): undergrad: sGPA: 3.0 Overall: 3.1; masters: sGPA: 3.8, overall: 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 18TS, 21 PAT, 30 RC, 19 QR
Method of interview: in person
Interview date options: nov 9, 13, 14

Interview #2
Notification date:
9/25
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/22
Application complete date: 8/1
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.2 Overall: 3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17 AA/17TS/ 18 PAT/18 RC/ 2 sections below 17: 16 QR 15 Orgo
Method of interview: in person 10/23
Interview date options: only in person dates were available October 17, 18, 19, 23, 24