Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2029 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

My account still says they are waiting for 2/3 of my LORs even though I had a committee letter with all the ones they needed. I have emailed them twice and no change...

Call them ASAP! Same thing happened to me and the admissions officer fixed it immediately…they are using a different software this year for some reason it didn’t count the committee letters as individual i had 4 total ahahah
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
last year today* I received my invite in the evening. Hopefully theyll give me a round 2


edit: annnnnd nothing
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How do we feel about letters of interest (not intent)? Could they make a difference in receiving an interview, or is it too soon in the cycle to consider sending one?
 
How do we feel about letters of interest (not intent)? Could they make a difference in receiving an interview, or is it too soon in the cycle to consider sending one?
OMG!!! Literally my thought first thing in the morning. Like, as soon as my eyes opened I was thinking if it was too early to send a letter of interest. I submitted my application in the first week of June and still waiting. I received an interview invite for the Arizona campus so I don't know if you receive one you don't get the other type of situation is what they have going on but I still pray for the best. I pray everyone hears good news soon!
 
OMG!!! Literally my thought first thing in the morning. Like, as soon as my eyes opened I was thinking if it was too early to send a letter of interest. I submitted my application in the first week of June and still waiting. I received an interview invite for the Arizona campus so I don't know if you receive one you don't get the other type of situation is what they have going on but I still pray for the best. I pray everyone hears good news soon!
Congratulations on your interview!! I know people who have received interviews at both campuses in previous cycles, so don't worry. Hopefully, you'll hear from the Illinois campus soon! We just gotta find out if its worth sending a letter of interest yet
 
How do we feel about letters of interest (not intent)? Could they make a difference in receiving an interview, or is it too soon in the cycle to consider sending one?
Way too soon (usually this happens after offer decisions come out). They make little impact on getting interviews if your file has been reviewed and scored.

You applied to us and have us money so we know you are interested. If you visited our campus or attended recruiting events we hosted, we also can surmise you are interested.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know where I can pay the supplemental fee? All I have received from Midwestern was an email to login into the applicant portal and another email stating to do the background check. Thanks in advance!
 
Anyone know where I can pay the supplemental fee? All I have received from Midwestern was an email to login into the applicant portal and another email stating to do the background check. Thanks in advance!
there is no supplemental fee for this cycle. I already called and verified.
 
Does anyone know if they offer virtual interview?
As far as I can tell, that was not an option for me. Already booked a pretty expensive flight to come from Oregon- because the available interview dates were about two weeks out from my invite.
At least I’ll get to visit Chicago for my first time! Making a weekend out of it.
 
has anyone interviewed yet? can you describe how the day went, how long the interview was, and the types of questions they asked (traditional vs mmi)?
 
Interview #2

Notification date: 9/27

Method of notification: email

Residency: OOS

AADSAS mail-out date: 8/13

Application complete date: 8/15

GPA (science, overall): 2.8 sGPA, 2.8 cGPA (post bacc 3.85)

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/26/no

Dates available OR your interview date: 10/17

Method of interview: in-person
 
I applied to Midwestern-Illinois and to Midwestern-AZ and completed the application on 08/02. I received an status update on Aug. 29th, that I was put on the waitlist for an interview. However, I have not heard anything from Midwestern-Illinois and it still says status awaiting decision in my application portal.
Need advice - Should I reach out to the Midwestern-Illinois admissions?
 
I applied to Midwestern-Illinois and to Midwestern-AZ and completed the application on 08/02. I received an status update on Aug. 29th, that I was put on the waitlist for an interview. However, I have not heard anything from Midwestern-Illinois and it still says status awaiting decision in my application portal.
Need advice - Should I reach out to the Midwestern-Illinois admissions?
same sort of boat. someone pls give input!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Keep in mind that MWU - IL and MWU - AZ are basically two completely different schools… just bc you heard from one doesn’t mean you’ll hear from the other and there’s always the possibility of hearing from both! I know the Illinois campus interviews into April as well so it’s still pretty early… don’t lose hope!
 
Interview #1
Notification Date: 10/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
GPA: cGPA 3.34 sGPA 3.0
DAT: 20 AA, 19 TS, 21 PAT
Method of interview: In-person; 10/23
 
Interview #1
Notification Date: 10/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
GPA: cGPA 3.34 sGPA 3.0
DAT: 20 AA, 19 TS, 21 PAT
Method of interview: In-person; 10/23
wowwww so proud of u! do u have lots of experience? also if u don't mind are u an URM? we have very similar stats!
 
wowwww so proud of u! do u have lots of experience? also if u don't mind are u an URM? we have very similar stats!
Thank youuuu! I had a little bit over 100 shadowing hours and I was a dental assistant full time over the summer. I also did research in undergrad and a lot of volunteering hours with people with disabilities. Im not URM. I hope you get your invite soon!!
 
Interview #2
Notification date: 10/25/24
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
ADEA mail-out date: 6/4/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.00 sGPA, 3.25 cGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/21/21/no
First Date available: 11/6/24
Method of interview: In Person
 
Interview #2
Notification date: 10/25/24
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
ADEA mail-out date: 6/4/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.00 sGPA, 3.25 cGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/21/21/no
First Date available: 11/6/24
Method of interview: In Person
congrats wow!!! what are ur EC's like?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #1
Notification Date: 10/31
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: OOS
GPA: 3.62 cGPA, 3.45 sGPA
DAT: 18 AA, 18 TS, 17 PAT
Method of interview: In-person
 
I received an interview invite this morning but on the portal, it says all the slots are taken. Do they send more dates out?