Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2029 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Idk, someone on discord said they saw a wave of Midwestern rejections last year. Wondering if it means waitlisted or rejected
I applied last year as well and my waitlist email came in January and wasn't rejected until September when class started so idk
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My application officially was completed in July 31st. I have not heard anything from Midwestern. They said my application is still valid. Anyone has any idea ?
Stat : Overall GPA 3.8/ Science GPA 3.7/ DAT 21/ Total Science 21
 
My application officially was completed in July 31st. I have not heard anything from Midwestern. They said my application is still valid. Anyone has any idea ?
Stat : Overall GPA 3.8/ Science GPA 3.7/ DAT 21/ Total Science 21
What are your EC’s? Your GPA and DAT are great! I’m surprised you didn’t get an interview based on those stats tbh! I heard Midwestern loves clinical hours and they conduct a holistic review of applicants, not strictly looking at numbers!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #2
Notification date: 1/15/2025
Method of notification: Email/Phone
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/01
GPA (science, overall): 3.16, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/19/23/yes, organic chemistry
Interview Date: 1/28
Method of interview: In Person
 
did you

did you have to accept a spot on the waitlist this time around?
I did not have to. It was automatic. The image of a waitlist letter from MWU was either med/vet. Still in the WL now.. and could be a week before classes start. Sent an LOI this week. Fingers crossed.