Midwestern interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
why does everyone come on this forum talking about "western" when the title of this thread is MIDWESTERN? before people make stupid remarks can they read the title of the thread first? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone got interview on Feb 14?

Hey Alby...no worries about how many spots are left...we both will get in together...btw I got interview on Feb 14 as well...see you there

Members don't see this ad :)
will be there feb 14th too. i wonder how many people will be there that day?

Hey Alby...no worries about how many spots are left...we both will get in together...btw I got interview on Feb 14 as well...see you there

Thanks for the positive vibe! I will see you guys there!

Thanks for the positive vibe! I will see you guys there!

You welcome, at this stage I think we need to be positive..and this is my first interview, my only concern is that I have to fly all the way from Toronto to Glendale. It should be an experience.

hello all, it shows on my interactNow acct that everything was received by both Glendale and Downers Grove by december. still, i have not heard anything yet. is this bad? am i suppose to wait for something in the mail? i don't really know how to get around on that 'interact now' site

You welcome, at this stage I think we need to be positive..and this is my first interview, my only concern is that I have to fly all the way from Toronto to Glendale. It should be an experience.

Hey at least you aren't flying in for Superbowl weekend... Im getting out of town for this crazy weekend... traffic is brutal enough without the Superbowl!

Have a safe flight!

hello all, it shows on my interactNow acct that everything was received by both Glendale and Downers Grove by december. still, i have not heard anything yet. is this bad? am i suppose to wait for something in the mail? i don't really know how to get around on that 'interact now' site

I recieved notification by email... I checked my interact account and it still says application complete, and that is after I scheduled my interview date... so apparently it is not up to date or I haven't figured it out yet either.

From the day I hand delivered my supp. application it took them 2.5 weeks to offer the interview... hope that helps!

As far as the "interact Now" account goes, I think they update it to show that they have all your info. They don't really change anything until you are accepted.

If you have not heard anything, Relax, they are still doing interviews, so there is a chance of getting in. That is WHY it is so important to get all your stuff in early.

I interviewed on Jan 4, and they said then that they didn't quite have 50% of there spot filled, but that they were expecting to fill alot with those interviewing on Jan 3, and Jan 4. Now, don't get me wrong, they are still interviewing so there ARE still spot available.

Relax, and good luck.

i just had interview a week ago on Jan 24th. even though its only been a week im getting really nervous:p just waiting to find out my application status

anyone else from jan 24th?

I am from Jan. 24th interview and I still have not heard anything yet~ stay positive:)

Anyone interviewing Feb 15th? This is going to be my first interview for pharmacy school, and I'm really nervous... Flying in from Colorado, and still don't have a hotel booked... eek!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview day before you, it is my first interview as well, but be positive and remember we have made it so far...we will get in the program as well. Best of luck in your interview preparations.

Does MW waitlist a lot of people? i got waitlisted after my interview. im really dissapointed. I really want to come to MW-CPG.:cool: if you get waitlisted is there a good chance of getting in? how long do they usually take to reply after that? any input would be great:) thanks!

are you serious? already? I also interviewed on Jan. 24th but I still haven't heard anything yet. how did you find out that you have been wait listed?
anyone heard anything yet?

they sent me a letter through the mail notifying me that I was waitlisted. anyone else heard anything?

how do you get to downers grove from Chicago?

I have a friend to stay with on Tuesday night, but how (besides a taxi/limo) would I get from L-access to downers grove?

how do you get to downers grove from Chicago?

I have a friend to stay with on Tuesday night, but how (besides a taxi/limo) would I get from L-access to downers grove?

No el to Downers. You can take the train (via burlington northern santa fe). However, you'll need a cab from either of the two stop points in downers.

Hi
Has anyone interviewed on Jan 9th heard anything from CCP? Thanks.

im from arizona what about you "pharmfreak77" ?

cool! im assuming you applied to midwestern ccp since it is in your state ? or is midwestern glendale your first choice? I'd like to stay here in az if possible so mw-cpg is definitely my first choice:)

to be honest CPG is my first choice~hehe

So...do you receive something in the mail with instructions on how to track your application AFTER you submit your supplemental or before?

The e-mail made it seem like it was before, but I haven't gotten anything yet. I just submitted my supplemental application too.

So...do you receive something in the mail with instructions on how to track your application AFTER you submit your supplemental or before?

The e-mail made it seem like it was before, but I haven't gotten anything yet. I just submitted my supplemental application too.

u'll get it soon... they'll tell u to set up an interact account w/ the acct # that they give...

CPG is my #1 too, they put me on hold though... im keeping my fingers crossed, i hope the month of february is good to me!

p.s. i found out that after january 75% of the class is already selected... that's pretty disheartening for someone who is still on hold :(:(

CPG is my #1 too, they put me on hold though... im keeping my fingers crossed, i hope the month of february is good to me!

p.s. i found out that after january 75% of the class is already selected... that's pretty disheartening for someone who is still on hold :(:(

i forfeited my spot... hopefully it goes to u... :thumbup:

i interview at ccp on weds!! AHHH!!! flying out tomorrow morning... so nervous...and afraid that i'll slip and fall on the snow...

i got accepted to both Midwestern campuses... i decided on Illinois b/c I have friends there... and canceled my other 8 interviews... lol... maybe i should've went to them =P

i got accepted to both Midwestern campuses... i decided on Illinois b/c I have friends there... and canceled my other 8 interviews... lol... maybe i should've went to them =P

daaaaaaaaang, you my friend, are DA MANNNNNNNNNNN!!!:D

ok, so I'm slightly north of chicago, 3 hours from my interview and the cab company recommended by Midwestern said "No" when I told them I'm ready for a pickup

any suggestions on getting to downer's grove?

Maybe you can rent a car for a few hours? It's pretty easy to drive there since it's pretty close to the highway.

ugh...it was 5:30AM when I made that post and I had my interview 3 hours later at 8:30AM

I started to get nervous, thinking that I might actually miss my interview, so I finally convinced a city cab to pick me up and drop me off in downer's grove (which he kept complaining about having to do), which he did off the meter, for $76+$3 in tolls (which were $0.80 each as we drove by two of them) + tip

but it's ok...I made it to the interview in good time, and one of the other interviewees was kind enough to drive me back to the airport...plus staying at my friend's place was free

Is anyone still waiting for a reply from Midwestern CCP for an interview? Its almost been a month and I suppose its because my fall semester grades were received like a week ago. Another reason could be that I never will get a response because they have too many applications to consider (2500+). I emailed them but no specific details were given as to whether my application merits an interview. I hope my waiting is not vain.

I was waiting for an invite too, but I got mine yesterday, so maybe it's coming =) gluck! and i sent my stuff out right before the deadline too

Does anyone know how much the deposit ot hold your spot at Midwestern- Glendale is? and how much time they give you to decide whether to accept to go there or not?
:)
Thanks in advance!

Just curious and if you do not mind sharing, LilN88 what are your academic stats and how much pharmacy experience do you have?

hey, my gpa is 3.65 and I'm a junior, so I won't be getting my BS. PCAT score was 88. I volunteer quite a bit. I volunteer at a children's nursery called the Crisis Nursery for about 4 years now, the ambulatory care unit at a hospital for almost 2 years, the inpatient pharmacy at another hospital, a external vp of a club on campus, and other little things here and there.

On a side note, I just got rejected to Purdue :( oh well....

When do they start pulling people off the waitlist? I am so bored waiting for pharmacy school to start since I'm done taking prerequisites last semester. Though I got accepted to MWU Chicago, I might probably go to MWU Glandale since it starts in June. just bored to death!!! :scared:

So how long after submitting the supplemental applications were you notified of an interview/rejection?

I know their seats are probably almost filled by now.

i was wondering the same thing. I had my interview on jan and I got put on the alternate list..and I'm crossing my fingers i"ll get a call saying ive been accepted:) But i really don't know when to expect a call/notification of my final application status. anyone have any ideas?

So how long after submitting the supplemental applications were you notified of an interview/rejection?

I know their seats are probably almost filled by now.

There are still several more interview dates, so I doubt they are full yet. I am interviewing on Thurs., there are three more dates after that.

FYI, It took them 2 weeks to contact me after receiving my supplemental.

That's reassuring. I hope I hear good news from them soon. I would really like to go to Midwestern-Glendale!

I got my letter of acceptance Jan 24th I believe, and they wanted $1000 by Feb. 1st. You have a month I think before the first day of class and you can get $100 back.

$1000, about 2-3 weeks i believe...

Anyone know if Midwestern CCP interviews in March, April, or is the class usually full by the end of February. Reason I am asking is because I doubt I am going to receive anything except an end of cycle letter since it has been over a month in which my application was considered complete.

I got my letter of acceptance Jan 24th I believe, and they wanted $1000 by Feb. 1st. You have a month I think before the first day of class and you can get $100 back.

I had 3 weeks from the time I received my acceptance letter.