Midwestern interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! So now you have a decision to make?

Gluck!
Thanks! yeah I have a tough decision to make but it makes me happy to be able to have a choice in two great schools! It's so weird though, because when I made my pro/con list the two schools almost seem like opposite experiences hehe.

One thing I wanted to ask is about one thing I am a little worried about in attending MW. I know that U of Arizona is a great nearby school and I think I read somewhere that it is difficult to get pharmacy experience in the AZ/Phoenix area because of competition from UofA students (since they are a much older school with more history). Do you think this is true?

Members don't see this ad.

U of A is located in Tucson AZ which is a several hour drive from Phoenix.

Although, I am sure competition does exist, I don't think it is too much of a problem because Phoenix is a very large city, not to mention the surrounding cities: Glendale, Scottsdale, Mesa, Buckeye, Chandler etc. Considering there are only two Pharmacy schools in the state of AZ I don't see too much reason for concern.

Thanks! yeah I have a tough decision to make but it makes me happy to be able to have a choice in two great schools! It's so weird though, because when I made my pro/con list the two schools almost seem like opposite experiences hehe.

One thing I wanted to ask is about one thing I am a little worried about in attending MW. I know that U of Arizona is a great nearby school and I think I read somewhere that it is difficult to get pharmacy experience in the AZ/Phoenix area because of competition from UofA students (since they are a much older school with more history). Do you think this is true?

This is actually one of the questions I asked during the interview. Supposedly MWU has their own rotation sites different than U of A and the fact that they are sorta far away from Tucson, finding rotation sites in the phoenix area shouldnt be too much of a problem. That's what they told me anyways.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alby: Thanks for your response. I'm glad that I don't have to worry about that.

pharmacy ey: I was in the last group. I only got to talk to a few interviewees that day because we only had 3 people in our tour/financial aid thing while everyone else was lumped together.

Hey guys,
For those of you who are planning on attending MW-CPG this June, I was wondering how you guys are going about getting housing. I called the Housing Office today and found out I've been waitlisted, so I need to start looking at off campus housing soon. Anyway, was wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me.

KelNhi,

I am in the same boat, I interviewed on 3/27. I called a week later, and found out that I am on the waiting list. I did check out a few apartment buildings just outside the school, that are within walking distance. They seemed nice, but kind of high priced. I think around app. $700 or so. It is kind of frustrating to have to wait it out:(, but I guess that is all part of the game. I am just going to continue to keep working, and not worry about it until, I hear something concrete either way. I know school starts in early June, do you know the exact date?:eek:

Does anyone know if there is a certain date, that Midwestern first year pharmacy students already accepted into the program have to commit, or withdraw their applications, before they start opening up spots for us, on the waiting list?

Good luck,

Michael

Hellos-
I think Kelnhi meant that he/she was waitlisted from the dorms, not the pharmacy school? When I interviewed on March 28, the guide of the tour said there was already a 250 person waiting list for the dorms.

Orientation is June 4 and 5 and I think that classes start soon after that.
It said on my letter that we have to submit the matriculation agreement and the deposit by April 25. Hope that helps! :)

Hey Michael,
Sorry for the confusion, but yeah I did mean I got waitlisted for housing, not the program. Although I've been in that situation before and it sure isn't fun. I hope you hear back from them soon or from another school
Anyway, to answer your question, Orientation is on June 4-5, and classes begin on June 9.

Well guys, I've been looking at apartments online around the Glendale area, it ranges from 500-800, which honestly isn't so bad compared to living in LA or Irvine (which is where I'm from). I realized it would be A LOT cheaper to get a 2-bedroom apartment and share it with a roommate. I want my own room but do not want to live by myself in a one bedroom apartment. SO! If there are any female freshmen looking for a female roommate, please PM me :)
Thanks

Sorry, for the confusion. I totally misread it. But, thanks for the info when school starts, and the info about, submitting the matriculation agreement.

Thanks,

Michael

Hey JSK Pharm D. did you interview at the chicago campus on 3/10? I am just curious because I interviewed at CCP on 3/10 as well and am still waiting for their response!

Yes, I interviewed on 3/10. Check your interact now account to see if it changed like mine with accepted student check list. Good luck to you. I hope you get in too.

Hi I am accepted to pharmD program at Glendale. I read some posts, saying it is hard to get on-campus housing. So I am thinking about searching for off-campus housing, such as a studio or apt. I am not from the area, so it is hard for me to visit places and compare thoroughly which place is better than the other and what not. I need some advice from people who know around Glendale area. Or if anybody needs a female roommate, please let me know. Let me introduce about myself a little bit. I am relatively clean and responsible for my messiness.( but not quite organized) Also, I like to go shoe shopping and cooking.

well speaking of housing... has anyone heard anything about some of the nearby apts??.. im trying to look online and what not but of course theres ppl who luv/hate every place...

Hey ganders!
I think I know who you are. I did my interview at March 28 and you asked me about Iowa. I was sitting next to you when we listened to the financial aid presentation. Did you decide which school you are going? I will be going to CPG. :)

Hey! Do you mean the Midwestern presentation from the faculty member, with the slide show? Because for the financial aid presentation, I was only with two other students and they were guys. I think I remember you too, you go to school in Iowa right? I'm going to CPG too so we will meet each other again soon! :) Have you joined the facebook group? I think it's called Midwestern CPG 2011 or something. There are people there that have information on apartments and stuff that is helpful.

Yeah! You are right! lol. It's good to see you here! :) I can't believe we only have about one and a half months until the school starts. I am excited, but I still have to find a place to live.