Midwestern, racist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My law degree isn't good for much as a dental student, but I assure you that I probably understand what I am talking about better than you do.

Then correct what you said and use the terminology properly first.

Members don't see this ad.

Then correct what you said and use the terminology properly first.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with a dental student who fancies himself a lawyer. Please point out any errors in what I said and I will be happy edit them if you are correct.

Otherwise, I'm done agruing with you.

irrelevant, irrelevant, and irrelevant. Best case scenario other schools aren't doing their job either.

So maybe we should write out every dental school in America and say that they need to re-evaluate themselves, according to your statement. I don't see how Oracle's figures are irrelevant? It disproves everything you're arguing about Midwestern, and the fact that you're singling them out. Not to mention that there are several schools that solely except minorities. And you can look at PreDents all day and compare whites to minorities with similar stats; the minorities will always have an advantage with interviews and acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not going to get into a pissing match with a dental student who fancies himself a lawyer. Please point out any errors in what I said and I will be happy edit them if you are correct.

Otherwise, I'm done agruing with you.

I don't mind refining my language precision for the sake of capturing the precise meaning of my ideas. I've been sloppy over the years, and I like to make exaggerations, I know. I don't know if you have a law degree or if you're just someone who says you have a law degree. All I have to go on is the somewhat misused ideas.

I don't mind refining my language precision for the sake of capturing the precise meaning of my ideas. I've been sloppy over the years, and I like to make exaggerations, I know. I don't know if you have a law degree or if you're just someone who says you have a law degree. All I have to go on is the somewhat misused ideas.

In the end, I don't even think we disagree. You stated that the ratio of students would be the single most important factor. I took exception to that and you backed off that position to one that I don't disagree with.

As for the terminology and misused ideas stuff, I still don't know where you are coming from. Whether you believe it or not, I am a lawyer and am pretty knowledgable about equal protection. Please point out any mistakes and I will change them as I am not afraid to admit it if I made an error.

Last edited:
So maybe we should write out every dental school in America and say that they need to re-evaluate themselves, according to your statement. I don't see how Oracle's figures are irrelevant? It disproves everything you're arguing about Midwestern, and the fact that you're singling them out. Not to mention that there are several schools that solely except minorities. And you can look at PreDents all day and compare whites to minorities with similar stats; the minorities will always have an advantage with interviews and acceptances.

Yes, "every dental school" needs to re-evaluate themselves. At the very least for the purposes of addressing the ADA's urging them to accept more minorities.

And no, it doesn't disprove anything.

Not to mention that there are several schools that solely except minorities.

YEAH! What the hell? There are schools that solely accept minorities? This is an outrage! Where are the schools that solely accept whites?? They should start one, call it Aryan Academy of Dentistry! Or is that the other name for Midwestern...

Wow, this is the most ignorant thread I've read on SDN.

Non-Hispanic Asians aren't considered Underrepresented Minorities (URM) when they apply for pretty much any school, be it undergrad, graduate or dental school. Asians are treated exactly the same as non-Hispanic whites in terms of admissions preference. If you see so many Asians on campuses, it just means they have good stats and are qualified to be there. And most of them did it without even speaking English as a mother tongue. The majority of children of first generation Asian immigrants grew up in households earning near or below poverty.

The only schools that Asians in the US might get preference in for admission is Chinese/Korean Sunday Bible School. If you have a beef with affirmative action, Asians is the last group of people you should be targeting.

The amount of "woe is me, reverse discrimination because I'm white" defensiveness in this thread makes me think that indeed there is something screwy with Midwestern U and the people who go there.

In the end, I don't even think we disagree. You stated that the ratio of students would be the single most important factor. I took exception to that and you backed off that position to one that I don't disagree with.

As for the terminology and misused ideas stuff, I still don't know where you are coming from. Whether you believe it or not, I am a lawyer and am pretty knowledgable about equal protection. Please point out any mistakes and I will change them as I am not afraid to admit it if I made an error.

If you're a lawyer, then let's just leave it at this. That 85% statistic is rather unflattering, especially considering the nature of the applicant pool in dentistry, and it's more than worth a careful examination into. I'm more than curious what I would find on discovery.

Last edited:
YEAH! What the hell? There are schools that solely accept minorities? This is an outrage! Where are the schools that solely accept whites?? They should start one, call it Aryan Academy of Dentistry! Or is that the other name for Midwestern...

Oh wait, I take that back, Midwestern isn't all white. They did accept one black guy off the waitlist... He Who Shall Not Be Named. I guess they're not racist after all! :rolleyes:

What is SDN coming to? A school has accepted less minorities this year compared to last year and you assume its a trend that they're accepting less of so and so ethnicity. A new dental school's class just happens to turn ot 80% white (which includes most Europeans and Americans btw) and you call it racism. Stop blaming everything on race. Maybe that's just the demographics that played out after the acceptance cycle was over (based on stats alone). Who knows? Unless you see the words "too black" or "too asian" stamped on a persons application, you have no clue if it's racism or not, which would lose your court case right there if you decided to sue for racism.

Stop insulting each other.
Stop calling someone out.
Stay on topic.
Have an intelligent conversation.

Yes, "every dental school" needs to re-evaluate themselves. At the very least for the purposes of addressing the ADA's urging them to accept more minorities.

And no, it doesn't disprove anything.

Then don't single out one certain school as "racist"

What is SDN coming to? A school has accepted less minorities this year compared to last year and you assume its a trend that they're accepting less of so and so ethnicity. A new dental school's class just happens to turn ot 80% white (which includes most Europeans and Americans btw) and you call it racism. Stop blaming everything on race. Maybe that's just the demographics that played out after the acceptance cycle was over (based on stats alone). Who knows? Unless you see the words "too black" or "too asian" stamped on a persons application, you have no clue if it's racism or not, which would lose your court case right there if you decided to sue for racism.

Stop insulting each other.
Stop calling someone out.
Stay on topic.
Have an intelligent conversation.

We don't know if it's racism. We do know they could do more to answer the ADA's plea for more minority dentists.

Members don't see this ad :)
Then don't single out one certain school as "racist"

Then start a thread addressing the problem on a national scale. On a Midwestern thread, I'll address Midwestern's problems.

We don't know if it's racism. We do know they could do more to answer the ADA's plea for more minority dentists.

Then, would that be discriminating against the majority to be substituted for minorities on the basis to fill a quota?

Did I say it was an outrage? Absolutely not. But then why is it an outrage to you that some schools have more whites than minorities? You turn instantly to race without any evidence of the qualifications of the applicants. We can all be professional in our discussions, and not just throw out random assumptions with the caps lock on and exclamation marks flying.

just to be clear... dr. simonsen is married to an asian woman, dr. zais who is a BIG part of admissions was raised in china, another is armenian (sorry if i misspelled that), and a couple are women. if you're going to MWU next year, why post such an inflammatory and unfounded thread about the school? personally i'm offended by your notion and i'd wouldn't be surprised if dr. s wants to have a sit down to talk about your representation of our school. i sit at a lab bench of 10 student doctors of which 4 are white men, 3 are women and 3 speak fluent korean. i can't stand their filthy pig latin but i got rosetta stone so it's on suckas![/quote]

I just think it's funny how you decided to be the big stick holder and police Hersheylove for asking about sleeping with peers/Waitlisted for calling midwestern racist...when you yourself dared to make the comment you did above.

Every time you point your finger three point right back at you. I hope you can live with your guilt of possibly taking away acceptances from students who legitimately earned them.

Last edited:
just to be clear... dr. simonsen is married to an asian woman, dr. zais who is a BIG part of admissions was raised in china, another is armenian (sorry if i misspelled that), and a couple are women. if you're going to MWU next year, why post such an inflammatory and unfounded thread about the school? personally i'm offended by your notion and i'd wouldn't be surprised if dr. s wants to have a sit down to talk about your representation of our school. i sit at a lab bench of 10 student doctors of which 4 are white men, 3 are women and 3 speak fluent korean. i can't stand their filthy pig latin but i got rosetta stone so it's on suckas![/quote]

I just think it's funny how you decided to be the big stick holder and police Hersheylove for asking about sleeping with peers/Waitlisted for calling midwestern racist...when you yourself dared to make the comment you did above.

Every time you point your finger three point right back at you. I hope you can live with your guilt of possibly taking away acceptances from students who legitimately earned them.

I wonder what will happen when one of those lab bench members happens across this post. Must be pretty easy to ID this row of students now. This is a professional forum, and you all need to conduct yourselves as such. Don't hide behind the anonymity of the internet, because your true character will show eventually.

Yeah, exactly... It seems to prove that some of the students at Midwestern share the same sentiments as the Admissions Committee at Midwestern, as far as race goes. However, in the real world (i.e. outside of the white bubble that is Midwestern), everyone hates racists, gunners, and snitches. Some are blessed with the holy trinity of being all three. Someone give Oracle a round of applause...

I wonder what will happen when one of those lab bench members happens across this post. Must be pretty easy to ID this row of students now. This is a professional forum, and you all need to conduct yourselves as such. Don't hide behind the anonymity of the internet, because your true character will show eventually.

You kiddin'? Oracle wants to be IDed, he wants to has his identity known, to save the day and be the white savior of Midwestern, and then ride off into the sunset atop his majestic white steed.

they are all close friends of mine, and i showed then the post and we had a good laugh about it. it was just a joke because i can't understand the language so i wanna get rosetta stone so i can join in.
and i have no problem with it, they can go to your school (when you get one). my whole class knows about and they all say the same. so i'm OK if an internet jockey has a problem with it i guess.

see above. there is no hiding. it was a joke... oh no here comes the take it literally police! weeebo weeebo weeebo.

You kiddin'? Oracle wants to be IDed, he wants to has his identity known, to save the day and be the white savior of Midwestern, and then ride off into the sunset atop his majestic white steed.

my classmates would laugh at the white savior part, seeing how i'm an atheist haha. and yes i will ride off into the sunset on my white steed named somethinpositiv.

and for the record, about 20% of the class is non-white, not specifically counting canadians, jews, or women who are also minorities in american dental schools i imagine.

my classmates would laugh at the white savior part, seeing how i'm an atheist haha. and yes i will ride off into the sunset on my white steed named somethinpositiv.

1. When did I mention religion?
2. You want to ride me?
3. I'm not white.
4. I'm not a horse, or do you liken minorities to animals?
5. You want to ride me?? :scared:

and for the record, about 20% of the class is non-white, not specifically counting canadians, jews, or women who are also minorities in american dental schools i imagine.

You're aware most Jews and Canadians are also white? Damn, the more you post the bigger d-bag you seem to be.

See MWU is racist! They only accept Asians that are KOREAN!!!!!!

No im joking but it does seem like Koreans are the most populous among asian students in general.

See MWU is racist! They only accept Asians that are KOREAN!!!!!!

No im joking but it does seem like Koreans are the most populous among asian students in general.

As far as i know on my campus, they are the most dirty, fobbish and cheapish out of all Asian!
Ironically, as much as i hate them, i love to shagg Korean chick but wont marry them 'cause i cant stand their language

I sit in the back of class everyday at MWU...and I would love to see "Oracle" on a majestic white steed. Why does the steed have to be white? I have a Mexican...wife, and all of this talk offends me. The Mexicans don't even get mentioned...at least say something, even if it is bad. Anyway, sounds like we have a bunch of "geniuses" coming in next year. By the way, just to put any speculation to bed (pun intended), the posts are know of by the dean as well as the students. Orientation will definately be akward for the two of you. Nicknames to come soon. Go CHIEFS!!

about 20% of the class is non-white, not specifically counting canadians, jews, or women

The list of people Oracle looks down on with disdain keeps growing...

The Mexicans don't even get mentioned...at least say something, even if it is bad.

Don't worry, I'm sure Oracle considers Mexicans just as lowly as the blacks, asians, canadians, jews, and women. You know, those who are not white American males.

As far as i know on my campus, they are the most dirty, fobbish and cheapish out of all Asian!
Ironically, as much as i hate them, i love to shagg Korean chick but wont marry them 'cause i cant stand their language

:eek: um... that might have been the most ignorant thing said on this thread so far. and it wasn't said by Oracle?? someone get this man a prize. sharkteeth, you can pass the torch the next time someone says something more ignorant. it should be just moments now...

No one can hate Mexicans because Mexican food is the ultimate cure to hang overs.

The dirty korean comment above is pretty horrendous and borderline

Last edited:
:eek: um... that might have been the most ignorant thing said on this thread so far. and it wasn't said by Oracle?? someone get this man a prize. sharkteeth, you can pass the torch the next time someone says something more ignorant. it should be just moments now...

do you think we are on par on the racist and douchbag category?

I sit in the back of class everyday at MWU...and I would love to see "Oracle" on a majestic white steed. Why does the steed have to be white? I have a Mexican...wife, and all of this talk offends me. The Mexicans don't even get mentioned...at least say something, even if it is bad. Anyway, sounds like we have a bunch of "geniuses" coming in next year. By the way, just to put any speculation to bed (pun intended), the posts are know of by the dean as well as the students. Orientation will definately be akward for the two of you. Nicknames to come soon. Go CHIEFS!!

This isn't even remotely close to any English expression we have. Do you mean "put [any speculation] to rest?" Are you in the 15% or in the 85% but happened to have bad English?

And let's not kid ourselves about the incoming class. Don't pretend the current Midwestern class doesn't have more than its share of idiots.

Last edited:
the posts are know of by the dean as well as the students. Orientation will definately be akward for the two of you.

Well nobody has contacted me. So this all seems like a bluff. Oracle has not sent me what he sent the dean or his response. And nobody in the 2013 or 2012 class has messaged me saying anything either way.

Well nobody has contacted me. So this all seems like a bluff. Oracle has not sent me what he sent the dean or his response. And nobody in the 2013 or 2012 class has messaged me saying anything either way.

Well assuming you just got in, the dean or admissions people probably know who just got in. I sort of sympathize for you because you really wanted to get in but at the same time you didn't have to do your little and post stupid immature antics!

Dude, just work on your fake reaction when someone brings it up next year. "....[gasp] I'm appalled! Who would do say such a thing about the Harvard of Arizona!?!?!"

i will be going to MW this year, it seems to me that their first class is not as diverse as i hope. 85% are white.Yet at the same time, D1 students are like "oh our class are really diverse, from different walk of life,". Well, checking on my friends this application cycle: One hispanic, 2 white, one Indian, the 2 white guys got accepted and the minority got waitlist even they have the same stats.

So is it true that MIdwestern loves white people, 'cause it is a waste to go there.
Considering they had thousands of applicants your 4 friend sample is VERY small and the result of the white kids getting in and the others getting wait listed is insignificant.

I highly doubt the school has any form of institutionalized racism. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Worry about getting your DDS (or DMD).

On the first day act like you don't know anything. Don't mention your background, where you are from etc.

In conclusion, on the first day, be anything BUT yourself.

Dude, just work on your fake reaction when someone brings it up next year. "....[gasp] I'm appalled! Who would do say such a thing about the Harvard of Arizona!?!?!"

Midwestern is certainly like Harvard, circa 1870. You know, back when Harvard only accepted 1 African American each year... (I guess that's you, Waitlisted!)

:wtf:

This thread is offtrack. Now it's just another Oracle DMD/Waitlisted thread.

Waitlisted, is a message from the 2013 or 2012 class really needed? Okay then, as a future classmate of yours in the class of 2013, an apology to the faculty and classmates/future classmates would be beneficial to everyone. You do realize how many hours per week we will all be in a classroom together right? And how awesome the faculty is (according to every person I've talked to in the class of 2012, as well as from personal experience)? Maybe the things you've spoke of earlier have put a bad light on a great new school? Well, if this is a school you plan on attending, maybe own up to what you've said and we can all move on from there. If everyone is like me, I can't wait to start this fall!! Be a mature professional from here on out and everything should be fine.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XD5pBX72UP0/STzGaGxdjlI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/QGTRITo00Fg/s1600-h/group.jpg

/\ /\ /\ Make your own conclusions as to if this school is "racist" or not! Obviously this picture says it is NOT. Case closed. How simple was that!!!!

In Midwestern's class picture, I count 10 minorities. In a class of 100 students, that means it is 90% white, even whiter than the 85% statistic that was thrown out there. 3 black students, with no black males, so you'll stick out like a sore thumb Waitlisted..

So... is Midwestern "racist"?

Where's Waldo?

I see you on the front row buddy ;)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XD5pBX72UP0/STzGaGxdjlI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/QGTRITo00Fg/s1600-h/group.jpg

/\ /\ /\ Make your own conclusions as to if this school is "racist" or not! Obviously this picture says it is NOT. Case closed. How simple was that!!!!

Never the less it's a good school:
http://midwesterndmd2012.blogspot.com/

Good job with the blonds and Asian girls in the class. Good job with the number of black ladies. Fair on the Hispanics. Asians could be more plentiful. But what's the deal with all the men with receding hairline?

I also see a lot of GUYS, where are the girls?

The guys in the class are pretty much all white. Midwestern's white dudes and everybody else. "Everybody else" is white and minority girls.

The guys in the class are pretty much all white. Midwestern's white dudes and everybody else. "Everybody else" is white and minority girls.

Hence all the students and faculty with Asian and Hispanic wives. They've eliminated the competition. The girls have the lovely choice of "go white, or go home." Hersheylove won't have much variety as far as men go...

Status
Not open for further replies.