Midwestern University -AZ & IL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eagle88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As far as interviews for Midwestern University go, does everyone pretty much get an interview or do they only offer interviews for the students they are interested in?

Members don't see this ad.

As far as interviews for Midwestern University go, does everyone pretty much get an interview or do they only offer interviews for the students they are interested in?

I was just there at the AZ campus and as of now there were 450 applications. I believe there is a waitlist for an interview.

Well, that sucks! I am on the waitlist for an interview at the AZ campus. Hopefully something comes out of it!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
When did everyone submit their applications? I recently submitted (October 31,2011) and was trying to figure out when I can expect to hear something. Also, I only submitted my OTCAS application. Should I receive an e-mail from them saying they got my application or anything?

I was just there at the AZ campus and as of now there were 450 applications. I believe there is a waitlist for an interview.

So you are basically saying everyone gets an opportunity to interview??

So you are basically saying everyone gets an opportunity to interview??

I dont think you will get an interview/its not worth applying if you havent already. Also, the later you interview the less likely you are to get accepted.

I dont think you will get an interview/its not worth applying if you havent already. Also, the later you interview the less likely you are to get accepted.

i wonder when they stop doing interviews and start making decisions. anyone have an idea on this?

Well, that sucks! I am on the waitlist for an interview at the AZ campus. Hopefully something comes out of it!

Really? there is such thing as being on the waitlist for an interview? is that what they told you? by the way I heard that they conduct interviews all the way until February or even later. Someone I know had their interview in Feb. At least that's the furthest that I know of.

Last edited:
Yup, a waitlist of an interview. My luck, I will finally land an interview...and then get waitlisted :) haha weird.

Hey guys- make sure you check your junk email after submitting the OTCAS. Also if you get an interview you will know within 3 or so days if you got accepted. Also they do interview through March, but it is a rolling basis.

I was out there in Oct. for an interview and found out within days of the interview that I was accepted. When I was there they told us that they had invited 20 out of 27 applicants to interview (at the time that was all the applications that were complete) but that OTCAS showed that over 400 people designated Midwestern as a school they were planning on applying to. So, no they do not invite everyone for an interview. And yes, it is SUPER competitive when you are dealing with hundreds of applicants! Best of luck to you!

MeemsGal, what were your stats? and when did you apply?

I was out there in Oct. for an interview and found out within days of the interview that I was accepted. When I was there they told us that they had invited 20 out of 27 applicants to interview (at the time that was all the applications that were complete) but that OTCAS showed that over 400 people designated Midwestern as a school they were planning on applying to. So, no they do not invite everyone for an interview. And yes, it is SUPER competitive when you are dealing with hundreds of applicants! Best of luck to you!

Congrats on being accepted!! I was wondering what your GPA was?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten an interview/decision from Midwestern in AZ yet?

ya i got accepted....I was out there for an interview in early november.

Where did you get notification of your interview? Was it on your MWU net account? I have been checking "interview scheduling" on there...I am assuming this would be the right place to look for an interview offer...?

MeemsGal, what were your stats? and when did you apply?

Cum GPA 3.26
Prerequisite GPA 3.75
I did about 120 observation hours in 3 different settings
**I think it is REALLY important to do well in the prereq science classes (A &P) and to have a variety of settings during observation hours. Also, apply EARLY. This was my second time applying to schools and I spent my time between application cycles doing more hours and made sure I got A's in A&P. I had everything in order this time around and applied as soon as I could-I sent everything in early September. That is my best advice to current applicants! Don't give up and stay positive during the process!! Good luck everyone!

Anyone get accepted to midwestern AZ?
I was accepted to Midwestern and Touro University and decided to go with Midwestern. I LOVED the campus and program! Will you be attending Midwestern with me?!

I was accepted to Midwestern and Touro University and decided to go with Midwestern. I LOVED the campus and program! Will you be attending Midwestern with me?!

Yep. I sent in my deposit yesterday!

For those accepted, can you please tell us about your interview? What kind of questions did they ask?

Hi Otsomeday,

Did mwu only ask those 4 questions or did they ask more? If they asked more, can you list all of them? Thanks!

Hi Meemsgal,

What questions did MWU Glendale ask you during the interview? Can you list all of them? Thanks and congrats to everyone who has gotten accepted!

I was at MWU and AT Still in Mid November. Some of the questions they asked were

1. Why do you want to be an OT
2. Why our school
3. Are you resilient
4. What characteristics make up a professional
5. Name someone who is a positive influence in your life and why
6. What are your hobbies
7.How would you handle a work load

Hope this helps, good luck to you all!! :)

IheartOT, would you mind sharing your stats? Thank you & congrats!

Don't stress on the interview. I was over prepared for it. It also lasted only about 10 minutes.

Hi Meemsgal,

What questions did MWU Glendale ask you during the interview? Can you list all of them? Thanks and congrats to everyone who has gotten accepted!

I don't remember all of them but of course they asked what ot is to me, they gave me 2 scenarios and asked what I would do in those situations (they wanted to see how well I would work with others and my overall knowledge of the field), and they asked if I had any questions for them about the program or the school.

Make sure to pay attention to what they tell you about themselves, since you will be talking to actual professors in the program and what they tell you about the program. Try to remember things they said about their own background as OTs and about the school and come up with questions that relate to what you have heard. It shows you were paying attention and are genuinely interested in what they have told you. If you can use examples of things you saw during your observation hours they seem to enjoy hearing those stories. Best of luck to you!!

Hey everyone! Thanks for your help and advice on the interview. For those of you who interviewed with Midwestern Glendale and A.T Still, which school did you like better?

What makes Midwestern unique? Why would you choose Midwestern? These are probably some of the interview questions, but what would you guys say?

I received a letter from Midwestern AZ today that I was put on the alternate list after going for my interview :(. I feel I've lost hope and it ruined my day. During the interview they asked me about my healthcare experience and things pertaining to my personal statement. Nothing generic I was talking to the other interviewees and I guess everyone had different questions depending on who was interviewing them.

I received a letter from Midwestern AZ today that I was put on the alternate list after going for my interview :(. I feel I've lost hope and it ruined my day. During the interview they asked me about my healthcare experience and things pertaining to my personal statement. Nothing generic I was talking to the other interviewees and I guess everyone had different questions depending on who was interviewing them.

I'm sorry, but don't give up hope! Did you apply to any other programs? Was your interview on Wednesday, December 14?

Hang in there. I would recommend finishing prereqs and applying first thing next year.

no tuesday was my interview. I have not had other interviews scheduled.

no tuesday was my interview. I have not had other interviews scheduled.

I didn't get in last year. I would recommend applying first thing next year so you interview in october/november.

I didn't get into Midwestern in AZ when I interviewed with them last November, which is fine. But the IL campus took my application money and I never hear back from them! I applied in October too! Only thing I ever got back from them was an email stating that I completed my application. That's not right to leave people in the dark! At least be like Midwestern in AZ, they have a waiting list for people to wait for the possibility to be invited to interviews.

Last edited:
I applied in November, interviewed in mid December, and found out a few days after Christmas that I was accepted!
You interview with two of the professors and it is a really laid back process. Questions they asked included:

Why OT?
Why Midwestern?
How do you deal with stressful situations (they asked me both about handling a difficult work load in school and working with difficult clients)?
They also asked me to share a positive story from my volunteer experiences that made me want to continue pursuing OT.

It was really more of a conversation. Also, I had learned a little about their specialties before going into the interview and had lots of questions prepared for them in order to help demonstrate my knowledge of the field.

IheartOT and anyone else who also interviewed at A.T. Still, which school did you like better? I am trying to decide if I should cancel my interview at A.T. Still.

Congratulations! I interviewed in December as well. Were you there on the 14th?

Congratulations! I interviewed in December as well. Were you there on the 14th?
Yep, the 14th as well! I'm the one from Oregon. How about you? Do you also have an interview at A.T. Still?

I have an interview with AT Still this month too and I'm not sure about going either if I get into my top choice!

I totally remember you! I'm the one from California. I sat next to you in the waiting area. I didn't apply to A.T Still, but I was thinking about it- only cause I thought tuition would be cheaper. If you go to Midwestern, do you plan on living on campus?

I applied in November, interviewed in mid December, and found out a few days after Christmas that I was accepted!
You interview with two of the professors and it is a really laid back process. Questions they asked included:

Why OT?
Why Midwestern?
How do you deal with stressful situations (they asked me both about handling a difficult work load in school and working with difficult clients)?
They also asked me to share a positive story from my volunteer experiences that made me want to continue pursuing OT.

It was really more of a conversation. Also, I had learned a little about their specialties before going into the interview and had lots of questions prepared for them in order to help demonstrate my knowledge of the field.

IheartOT and anyone else who also interviewed at A.T. Still, which school did you like better? I am trying to decide if I should cancel my interview at A.T. Still.

I interviewed at AT Still last year and thought it was very nice. It was my top choice until visiting Midwestern AZ. MWU campus is nicer and its approach is more practical experience as opposed to research based like AT still.

I totally remember you! I'm the one from California. I sat next to you in the waiting area. I didn't apply to A.T Still, but I was thinking about it- only cause I thought tuition would be cheaper. If you go to Midwestern, do you plan on living on campus?
Oh cool, I remember you too! I'm not sure what I want to do for housing. I think I might get on the wait list for on campus housing just in case since it sounds like it is really difficult to get into. What about you? Are you planning to try to get your own place or find someone to live with if you go to Midwestern?

I interviewed at AT Still last year and thought it was very nice. It was my top choice until visiting Midwestern AZ. MWU campus is nicer and its approach is more practical experience as opposed to research based like AT still.
Okay, thank you so much! I'm thinking I probably wont go to my interview at A.T. Still. I really liked Midwestern's program.

What a happy holiday that was for you! I applied early this year and got an interview in October. I was accepted the next week. So, I guess I will be meeting you as well as a few others in this forum in August!!! Kudos again!

P.S. When I interviewed they had already accepted about half the total class size. I wonder how close they are to filling all the open positions?

Hello All,
I interviewed in October and was accepted the next week. I have been really anxious to talk to my future peers and am happy to know that there are some out there. When I interviewed, they told us the class was almost halfway full! It seems that applying early really helps! Well, I am very excited to meet you all in August. Also, I may need a roommate (or two). MUST LOVE DOGS!!!

:thumbup: KUDOS and see you in August!