Midwestern University Glendale Campus AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

opt_jackie

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am looking for any and all reviews/opinions people may have regarding Midwestern University at Glendale, AZ. It's one of the schools I'm considering but I'm from Maine and I don't know much about the school or the area. Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I'm visiting there next month. I can let you know about my experience after. I've heard a lot of good things about it and a member of my pre-opt. society is attending there this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!

I visited there a couple weeks ago and I was honestly very impressed. The interview, held by two professors, was VERY laid back, straightforward and only took about 15-20 minutes. The tour and presentations were led by a variety of their professors who were all very nice and even the dean took part in the majority of it which really impressed me. The professors were genuine and were willing to put in extra effort to get top notch applicants to come to their school.

As far as the facilities and campus go, they are the best that I have seen. The campus is home to other professional schools such as dentistry, pharmacy, etc... Since they are a newer school, most of their buildings and equipment are brand new. Outstanding preclinic facility, onsite clinic, just purchased several virtual reality simulators.

The school is in Glendale, which is basically a suburb of Phoenix, so expect sunny, hot, and dry most of the year. Seems like it is in a safe location and the area offers almost anything you want to do.

All in all, I pretty much loved everything about this school besides the price! I am choosing between Midwestern and UHCO and the price might end up being the deciding factor for me since UHCO was also impressive ($39,000 vs $23,000 tuition). But if the price doesn't scare you off, I would say it's definitely worth checking out for yourself! Can't beat the weather in Phoenix and if you're choosing between private schools the prices will be comparable. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
I went there and honestly worst school ever.

The faculty is old as dirt and haven't practiced pharmacy in years and the facility is shared among too many programs. Just dont do it

I went there and honestly worst school ever.

The faculty is old as dirt and haven't practiced pharmacy in years and the facility is shared among too many programs. Just dont do it
I think you're on the wrong forum? The Midwestern Optometry faculty are actually pretty young overall and don't share any facilities.

I'd be upset too if I picked Pharmacy.