Midwestern University Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

red-corvette

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Midwestern College of Pharmacy Glendale who interviewed on October 23rd? I read some other posts on a different thread but I believe they were pertaining to the Chicago campus...
I know it's only been two weeks but I am so anxious...

Members don't see this ad.

tht makes 2 of us.

Check your Interact Now account. If you are accepted it will change color and say 'Accepted Student Checklist'. This will happen long before they send you a letter.

Good luck:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
For all those that have interviewed already--approximately how long after you submitted your supplemental app did they request an interview? Thanks guys :luck:

Yes..i also wanna know how long after submitting supplemental did you guys receive your interview? were ur applications turned in real early? and if you could also tell us some of ur stats...thank you! :)

so did anyone get in yet? my site hasnt changed.. either they havent decided, or im not accepted.

Yes..i also wanna know how long after submitting supplemental did you guys receive your interview? were ur applications turned in real early? and if you could also tell us some of ur stats...thank you! :)

i turned in the supp like mid aug.. and my stats were mediocre - 3.2, 75pcats, but i had some interesting extra curriculars as well as shadow a pharm for over 150 hrs

Hey everyone.. I'm interviewing on November 16th. My stats are 3.9 GPA 57 Pcat. I work in an extended care pharmacy and have shadowed several Midwestern students/pharmacists. My mentor was a graduate of the inaugural class and everyone at the school knows her. She teaches and is a preceptor of the school. One of the interviewers knew her very well and even sent her an e-mail about me (pretty nice). Last year I was placed on the wait-list, but interviewed in April... Also, I retook the Pcat in October, so I hope to have scored much better!

Hey everyone.. I'm interviewing on November 16th. My stats are 3.9 GPA 57 Pcat. I work in an extended care pharmacy and have shadowed several Midwestern students/pharmacists. My mentor was a graduate of the inaugural class and everyone at the school knows her. She teaches and is a preceptor of the school. One of the interviewers knew her very well and even sent her an e-mail about me (pretty nice). Last year I was placed on the wait-list, but interviewed in April... Also, I retook the Pcat in October, so I hope to have scored much better!

Nice GPA, really poor PCAT. I hope you did better because you probably wont get in with that.

What were your pre-req gpa, science gpa?

You give someone an inch, they want a mile...

My science GPA is a 3.7 with A+ in each organic chemistry. I know people accepted with comparable pcat scores.

Remember, my friend, the pcat is used to get you an interview and lightly considered there after.

What are your stats?

3.75 pre-req gpa
3.88 science gpa

A+ in orgranic chem

94 on the PCAT.

Thanks.

Work experiences? Life experiences?

My friend has a 4.0, 83 PCAT and wasn't accepted after being interviewed. They don't want book worms. They'll tell you that.

My friend has a 4.0, 83 PCAT and wasn't accepted after being interviewed. They don't want book worms. They'll tell you that.

That sucks for your friend. Maybe he should develop some social skills and he probably would of got invited :|

Members don't see this ad :)

I have a second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and I won nationals with my soccer team back to back, Involved in some clubs, pre-pharm, math club, phi theta gamma. No work experiences because I dont work :cool: however I've volunteered at a nursing home, and a hospital. I've shadowed two pharmiscists. I do community service every month, so I'd say im far from being a book worm.

Thanks though.
:thumbup:

...so how long after your supplemental did they contact you guys with an interview request?:)

I turned mine in on a Friday and had an interview by the next Tuesday.

gjb19, I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I just don't appreciate when I'm willing to share my scores with eveyone and you tell me I have a "really poor pcat." I'm aware of that, and so is everyone else. No one likes Captain Obvious. I know that I'm smarter than what my score reflects and I'm not worried about my chances of getting into school with that score. Best of luck to you.

its official, im on the waitlist. i know it doesnt sound too bad but if i am just thinking that its difficult to get off the wait list and im kinda bummed about it. this is the second school to waitlist me thus far.
but for those who did get in, congrats and just hope that i can be your fellow classmate by some miracle.
take cares

its official, im on the waitlist. i know it doesnt sound too bad but if i am just thinking that its difficult to get off the wait list and im kinda bummed about it. this is the second school to waitlist me thus far.
but for those who did get in, congrats and just hope that i can be your fellow classmate by some miracle.
take cares

What are your stats?

Has anyone heard from Midwestern College of Pharmacy Glendale who interviewed on October 23rd? I read some other posts on a different thread but I believe they were pertaining to the Chicago campus...
I know it's only been two weeks but I am so anxious...

What were your stats?

Good luck everyone.. I interview on Thursday. Who's coming with me?

Is it harder to get into Glendale or Chicago?

It depends on a few things... But let's say both students are instate; I think it's harder to get into MWU-CPG

I think midwestern-cpg is still waiting for my pcat scores before they can review my application. hopefully I can get an interview in december...I'm guesing everyone else here already took there pcats before oct?

i got waitlisted. im wondering if my interview was not so great or the overall package of myself.. my grades arent all stellar.. 3.2 , 75 pcats, sooo what chances are there that they take several students from waitlist?? or is there a gang oad of people on waitlist?

I think the reason why you got waitlisted is because I'm assuming that they have a bunch of applicants they want to review but can't yet just because they havne't gotten the pcat scores in yet. Hey being waitlisted is better than being rejected...good luck with everything

I think the reason why you got waitlisted is because I'm assuming that they have a bunch of applicants they want to review but can't yet just because they havne't gotten the pcat scores in yet. Hey being waitlisted is better than being rejected...good luck with everything

i m going this thurs! get really excited and nervous at the same time... i hope to meet u there! do u know how many ppl r they interviewing at a time?

I have an invite at CPG on 12/18... can anyone give me any tips? Thanks guys :D

To those who were there today 11/16/2006, it was nice meeting you all! Best of luck!

To those who were there today 11/16/2006, it was nice meeting you all! Best of luck!

I really hope you dont get in for being such a fkn prick.

You rag on my PCAT score then ask me for help... And somehow I'm the bad guy?

I am not trying to start anything or degrade you in anyway. You have recieved an interview, which is more than I can say. However, it seems to me your invite to the interview has little to do with your EC's or academic performance. I think its due in large part to you mentor who is a preceptor at the school. I think it was that statement that brought alot of animosity towards this thread. If you had recieved an interview without any connections I think people would be a little more positive and encouraging towards your situation. You have an excellent GPA but a low pcat. I have not recieved my score yet so I could have done worse. For you to get an interview and with that stat and your connection, while other people with similar GPA's and high pcat makes people wonder a little bit. Like I said I am not trying to start anything. Just trying to give you an insight on why some people may not be as supportive. Good luck!

Your interview will make or break you. Practice your answers as much as possible but don't seem too robotic during the interview. Also, it really depends on who is going to interview you. I interviewed with Dr. Tafreshi and Dr. Cauthon, and they were very laid back during the interview and got me to relax. Others got some tough interviewers but nonetheless made it into CPG off the waitlist. I have one personal friend who was pulled off the waitlist two weeks before school started.

Stats aren't everything though. Several people got in with less than stellar gpas and decent pcat scores. I really believe the interview is what will set you apart from others. If you can't interview and convey why you want to become a pharmacist, your chances are shot. With that said, good luck to you.

LOL, should I tell everyone on this forum the Private Msg you sent me?

He told me he's going to send a copy of the email to the police, LOL

Shaun, you need help buddy! :laugh:

Look....you are all interested in getting admitted. So...you go through the process with what you have & how you present yourself.

But...remember...disparaging others...in any way....will come back to haunt you. It may not now, nor in pharmacy school....but sometime, it might become a habit which becomes destructive to you.

You all must at some point, when you become pharmacists, must stand up for yourselves...without the diminishing of others - just on your own merits & what you stand for.

Try to reach for the best you have within yourselves ethically. There is nothing wrong in networking & developing professional relationships. Just try to make your choices with your ultimate ethics as a person and a professional in mind. Knowing the ethical & personal boundaries you choose not to cross might become an interview topic & certainly is a professional topic almost weekly in my life as a pharmacist.

Good luck to you all!

And to think we all might be working together at some point...:eek:

gjb, I wished you the best of luck but you couldn't leave it at that. I don't know what else to say.

I am not trying to start anything or degrade you in anyway. You have recieved an interview, which is more than I can say. However, it seems to me your invite to the interview has little to do with your EC's or academic performance. I think its due in large part to you mentor who is a preceptor at the school. I think it was that statement that brought alot of animosity towards this thread. If you had recieved an interview without any connections I think people would be a little more positive and encouraging towards your situation. You have an excellent GPA but a low pcat. I have not recieved my score yet so I could have done worse. For you to get an interview and with that stat and your connection, while other people with similar GPA's and high pcat makes people wonder a little bit. Like I said I am not trying to start anything. Just trying to give you an insight on why some people may not be as supportive. Good luck!

I fully understand what you are saying. However, you have to understand that I had no idea what kind of impact or influence my mentor had on the school when I first started working with her. It wasn't like "oh hey, I know she has a lot of pull... I'm going to really suck up to her!" She's really good friends with my mother and was introduced to me by my mother... so I had no idea at the time. You guys are acting like I was already accepted, graduated and living the life of a pharmacist.. let me remind you all... I HAD AN INTERVIEW! LOL. It's clear to me that a lot of you are stressed. Relax, if it's mean to be it will be.

I fully understand what you are saying. However, you have to understand that I had no idea what kind of impact or influence my mentor had on the school when I first started working with her. It wasn't like "oh hey, I know she has a lot of pull... I'm going to really suck up to her!" She's really good friends with my mother and was introduced to me by my mother... so I had no idea at the time. You guys are acting like I was already accepted, graduated and living the life of a pharmacist.. let me remind you all... I HAD AN INTERVIEW! LOL. It's clear to me that a lot of you are stressed. Relax, if it's mean to be it will be.

I wasent trying to rag on you or put you down in anyway. Like I said, you have recieved an interview and I havent (so far) lol. I am still crossing my fingers. I was just trying to shed light into the mind set others might be assuming. Times are tough, I would take any edge I could. I know that she is not the factor that will decide if you get in. I can tell this because obviously you dident get in last year. Others might have failed to see that point though. Anyways, Good luck. Hopefully we all will have the opportunity to work together.

Right... I've jumped through the hoops and walked all the tight ropes. I was put on the wait-list last year and never made it, so I've tasted rejection. People here missed that I guess or read what they want to read and quickly hit reply because they got what they wanted to make a fool of themselves. We're on our way to be healthcare professionals and you have people private messaging saying they're going to beat me up because I won't tell them how my interview went. What are they going to do when a patient is unreceptive... beat them up too?

Right... I've jumped through the hoops and walked all the tight ropes. I was put on the wait-list last year and never made it, so I've tasted rejection. People here missed that I guess or read what they want to read and quickly hit reply because they got what they wanted to make a fool of themselves. We're on our way to be healthcare professionals and you have people private messaging saying they're going to beat me up because I won't tell them how my interview went. What are they going to do when a patient is unreceptive... beat them up too?

Shaun, you really need to get a life. All I did was ask how your Interview went and you reply with "You're competition, blah blah" If you're that insecure about yourself and can't tell other how your interview went maybe you didn't do good at all. I mean, you got waitlisted last year and this year you're all secretive about your interview and your stats etc. Perhaps Pharmacy school isnt for you.

Also, If you're going to tell the story about the private msg drama, please tell everyone the whole story, not just your side. Grow up.

Everyone needs to grow up and stop badgering each other...no one wants to read that on this thread...this has been rediculous...

Good luck everyone... I have nothing more to say than that...

gjb19 said:
Shaun, you really need to get a life. All I did was ask how your Interview went and you reply with "You're competition, blah blah" If you're that insecure about yourself and can't tell other how your interview went maybe you didn't do good at all.

When you say insecure, you mean like asking everyone their "stats", and having your gpa in your signature line?
Then criticizing people who didn't do as well as you? That's being insecure, BRO.

Probationary status. :laugh:

Shaun is a very nice guy, if u have met him in person, which i did in my interview last week... u should appreciate his help and not judge him like tat.
i hope u can control ur temper and competitve nature... one day we might be co workers, who knows, and we need everyone's supports.

Shaun, you really need to get a life. All I did was ask how your Interview went and you reply with "You're competition, blah blah" If you're that insecure about yourself and can't tell other how your interview went maybe you didn't do good at all. I mean, you got waitlisted last year and this year you're all secretive about your interview and your stats etc. Perhaps Pharmacy school isnt for you.

Also, If you're going to tell the story about the private msg drama, please tell everyone the whole story, not just your side. Grow up.

I meant that to you gjb 19. no offense but stop hurting ppl:mad:

Thanks pharmcoyote!! It was nice meeting you at Midwestern.. that was a fun day.

Ya so Midwestern CCP invited me for their visit but I haven't heard jack $hit from GCP. What is this interact account you speak of anyway? I am in the dark here people I sent that app in august too... you think i should contact them or what?

Hey Shaun- We met @ Midwestern on Nov 16. I don't know if I misunderstood or what, but I had know idea they use the exit questions as a writing sample. I had an exam that night, so I rushed my answers so I could get moving and get in a little study time prior.
Now I feel like I've messed up my chances.
Do you know how seriously they examine the exit questions?
All the work I've put in, I would hate to lose my shot because I didn't spend enough time on the exit questions.:(

You know... I wouldn't worry about it TOO much. The reason you were there was to meet with some preceptors and interview...